Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 03-26-2024, 04:20 PM

Whoo Hoo to the New Orleans postal workers!

I am doing my best to stay on the Fabric Moratorium wagon, but after a good 5 years of focusing on limited purchases, I now need to buy backing and occasionally a color then I am doing a non scrappy quilt. Got the directions for my quilting group's 2024 Mystery Quilt. I will need to purchase one color no matter which colors I choose for background, focus fabric and color 1. I need a second complementary fabric. Nothing in my stash is large enough or of a correct color choice. Oh, dear, I must go shopping for a yard of fabric.

ibex, the baby quilt journey will come to an end. I finished three of mine since January and only have one to go which is for my nephew's newest arriving in May. Anxious to see your round robin efforts. I have been using 2.5s for some of my baby quilts in the past few years. I use from my 2.5 stash AND I get to try a new pattern. Win-win in my book.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:05 PM

I received some more candies today!

5. JennR
6. Janice

Thank you!
Old 03-26-2024, 07:51 PM

Hello all. I have a new laptop and lost my access (password) to quilting board. I could read messages, but could not respond. My April candies were mailed yesterday.

I seriously need to learn how to upload photos. I know it is easy, but have never taken the time to learn. Everything I make is big, bright and scrappy!
Old 03-27-2024, 02:59 AM

Good morning! Logcabin, glad my package was delivered in good time.

I’m almost done with my Boom blocks so I’m going to try to get to my candy squares top to quilt it. We’ll see. Maybe I’ll have something to show next month.

There’s a cardinal singing outside my kitchen window. Clearly he’s ready for the day to begin. Me, I need a cup of coffee. Have a nice day!
Old 03-27-2024, 03:27 AM

Patrick's Mom, a new lap top! Yeah and I bet a new learning curve. Adding a photo is easy only after you have done it multiple times. If you are going from phone to the QuiltingBoard, I can't help. But if you are going from laptop to QB, here is how I make it work.How to upload a photo to the Quilt Board
(Take your photo and save to your laptop.)

1. Write the message you want to share with QB members.
2. Click "Go Advanced" from the options below message the message box.
3. In the box labeled Additional Options click "Manage Attachments"
4. Click "Browse" and locate your photo wherever you saved it on your computer.
5. Find the photo you wish to post click save and then upload. ***
This seems to be where folks stumble. The little box with the "Browse" button needs to be expanded so you can see the "Upload" button. Expand the box to the far right to find the "Upload" button. Click the "Upload button".
6.Add additional photos in the same way.
7. Click "Submit Reply".
8. You will see your message and photo ready for viewing by the board members.

**** I save my photos in a quilt photos file by year. I resize my photos to "medium". This size will allow you to post to the QB. It seems there are multiple ways to do this and it all depends on your computer and software preferences.*****

Hope this helps. It works well for me. There are other variations and perhaps someone else has a faster or easier method.

Looking forward to seeing your big, bright and scrappy accomplishments here and in other threads on the QB.

Old 03-27-2024, 06:47 AM

I am sorry I have not posted more. I have been helping my mom deal with my dad who has Parkinson's disease. It seems he's having hallucinations throughout the day and night. He is requiring a lot of care and oversight. It's been rather exhausting...
Old 03-27-2024, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

Hello everyone! I'm still in Memphis... stayed a little longer so I could take a side trip to Marshall's Dry Goods and do some Easter-y stuff with the grandkids. I will probably be going home tomorrow and will let you know what candies have arrived. I also have some 2.5" projects to share, but need to get home before I can do so. So my show and tell will be a bit late.

The Pot Pie quilt is very pretty! And Jenn... what you did with the memory clothes is wonderful. Love those pillows too.

Log Cabin, hang in there. It's wonderful you are close enough to help your mother take care of your dad. Praying strength and patience for you.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:09 PM

I just updated the "received list". Sewbizgirl, take your time and enjoy your travels and grands. I am looking forward to some new ideas for 2.5s.

I got to play Easter Bunny to all of my grands today. The two in college got packages delivered to their dorms and the three close by got bags of goodies both healthy and sweet yummies. Had to deliver early before the three locals take off for Florida to visit their grandfather and spend time on the beach and in the pool.

LC, so good that you can relieve your mom and give her some respite, but don't forget your self. I hope that making the boom blocks is relaxing for you.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:25 AM

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Patrick's Mom, a new lap top! Yeah and I bet a new learning curve. Adding a photo is easy only after you have done it multiple times. If you are going from phone to the QuiltingBoard, I can't help. But if you are going from laptop to QB, here is how I make it work.How to upload a photo to the Quilt Board
(Take your photo and save to your laptop.)

1. Write the message you want to share with QB members.
2. Click "Go Advanced" from the options below message the message box.
3. In the box labeled Additional Options click "Manage Attachments"
4. Click "Browse" and locate your photo wherever you saved it on your computer.
5. Find the photo you wish to post click save and then upload. ***
This seems to be where folks stumble. The little box with the "Browse" button needs to be expanded so you can see the "Upload" button. Expand the box to the far right to find the "Upload" button. Click the "Upload button".
6.Add additional photos in the same way.
7. Click "Submit Reply".
8. You will see your message and photo ready for viewing by the board members.

**** I save my photos in a quilt photos file by year. I resize my photos to "medium". This size will allow you to post to the QB. It seems there are multiple ways to do this and it all depends on your computer and software preferences.*****

Hope this helps. It works well for me. There are other variations and perhaps someone else has a faster or easier method.

Looking forward to seeing your big, bright and scrappy accomplishments here and in other threads on the QB.
Have also had difficulty uploading photos to my messages. Thank you for the explanation!
Old 03-28-2024, 09:02 AM

Dropped my April candies at the PO this morning. Was going to do it on the way to the dentist, but Fed Ex has not delivered my husband's crown to the office yet so that got postponed. Hopefully it will show up (it's one a group so the dentist is NOT happy about them going missing) soon enough that it won't delay our plans to head south next week.

I've been working on catching up on quilting. I've got 4 quilted and bound, one quilted and waiting to bind, another on the frame and 6 in the floppy pile. Really want to get them all done before I leave, very glad I've got robotics to make the quilting a fast process.