Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 01-01-2024, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I did find the Stash Buster from Border Creek Station. There is an option to use 2.5" strips, but strips, smitch, we have 2.5 squares that would do the trick for this double Irish Chain challenge. Whether your or I do the challenge or not, this would be a good way to use up some of our backlog of little squares. One more option, my swapping friends.
I saw this one, too, WMU, and had the same thoughts as you did but didn't get here as quickly! Happy New Year to you all from one of this thread's biggest lurking fans! :-)
Old 01-03-2024, 04:51 AM

I just found another 2.5 option for us. This pattern Star Chain, comes from Material Girl's blog. https://materialgirlquilts.com/blog/...-quilt-pattern Scroll down to find the PDF and a tutorial also. A simple variation of the Irish Chain with a star in the center. Her pattern is designed to use a layer cake but we could use our 2.5s already cut and make the stars from our stash.

Now I am getting completely overwhelmed with ideas to use all my little darl'ins. What to do, what to do. Guess the best choice is to get started and sew. How about you?

Last edited by WMUTeach; 01-03-2024 at 04:56 AM.
Old 01-03-2024, 06:30 AM

Another good pattern, WMUTeach! I am getting started with my cutting. Then I will deal with the sewing. I have a local auction site that has a beautiful Singer 301A for auction with gorgeous table and bench. I promised myself no more sewing machines but it is a 301!! (supposed to have great straight stiching And it is beautiful. I did not plug it in so maybe it doesn't really work despite how smoothly the wheel turns....
Old 01-03-2024, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Oh my goodness Ibex! The 301 is a great machine. Run, don't walk, to the auction site to get that machine! I bought mine for $75 and $25, in cabinets, at estate sales in Memphis. But anything under $300 is a good deal.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:35 PM

I can hear that 301 humming in the background. Na, I don't have one but I know the sound. Go for it!
Old 01-03-2024, 05:21 PM

You two are right. Ok. I've upped my bid. It isn't fabric and so it can sit on the fabric moratorium wagon with me if I do win it.
Old 01-04-2024, 06:05 AM

well, if you don't get it and you still want one when I move to GA, I may have one that needs a new home. Hopefully I won't get banned or in trouble for saying that. I'm not a reseller or anything like that, but I've got to start rehoming some of my collection once I get moved. Hopefully this summer!
Old 01-04-2024, 06:19 AM

Macy and ibex, I would suggest to communicate by PM just to stay on the right side of the rules. Then you can celebrate with us on the thread!

Double checking again....Macy are you interested in join us again this year? I can still fit you in. Of course lurking is welcome, just no envelopes in your mailbox.
Old 01-04-2024, 11:48 AM

I've been sitting on the fence, as I'd love to join in, just not sure if there might be problems if I'm between GA and SD around my Birthday month. DH and I will have at least three trips to make between when the house sells and closing. But - we are moving in with DS to start with, so I already have a GA address if needed. . . Shipping out won't be a problem as I'll have everything ready to go ahead of time.

I kind of decided that I'd wait and see if the slots filled up, and if they didn't then I'd jump in at the last minute.
Old 01-05-2024, 04:18 PM

Welcome to all the Newbies! We live 90% of the time on wheels in an RV! Love it and being able to be by any family who needs us. Currently in PA while daughter heals from major ankle/foot surgery. Taking care of 9yo granddaughter who homeschool, plays lacrosse and soccer and has scouts (chauffeuring cap on)
Macybaby- I have worked around moving around this USA while doing this swap. One year we even had to change my birth month to make it work. Two years ago you all sent it to my daughter’s house where my young granddaughter kept track of incoming envelopes. So just say yes!!
I would love a 301 but need permanent set up. Currently have my 1947 featherweight and 196?Bernina Record .
Love all the patterns