Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 04-25-2024, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Today I got a lovely birthday package from Reba! Thank you Reba, for mailing a second time, and for all the beautiful goodies. Still no sign of your first package, nor Hav4boys... They must be somewhere in limbo.

Pretty black, white and red quilt, WMUT! I'm sure it will be loved. I don't have a 2.5 quilt beyond the one I showed last month (Argyle). I need to finish it and not stall out on it.

Just got my main sewing machine (Juki TL2010Q) back from the repairer today. I am so happy to have it home again!

Ibex, I'm so envious you got to go to Hawaii! I lived on Oahu for one semester of college, back in the day, and on Maui for 11+ years. My Maui years were the happiest years of my life.
Old 04-25-2024, 04:32 PM

I now have 2 more:
1. Heathermom20pmc 4/24
2. Terriamn 4/25
3. JENNR8R 4/25
Old 04-25-2024, 04:54 PM

Yeah for early mailers. I suspect there will be a deluge in a few days. A good number have mentioned mailing this week.

Hurrah for getting your machine back, SBG. It is SOOOO hard to have your machine out of the sewing room. Living in Hawaii, what a treat at least weather wise. I still thrive on my four seasons. Michigan is not sure what season it is right now. Frost and freeze warnings for tonight but 79 on Saturday and 82 forecast for Sunday. We just laugh and won't put away our winter gear until....June, maybe. Garden shops and home owners are chomping at the bit to put out those gorgeous pots of flowers that decorate our homes, patios and yards. I will hold off for a couple more weeks then dig in and add the flowers and greens to my big pots on my patio.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Actually, Hawaii has the 4 seasons too. They are a little bit different (obviously, no snow) but after about a year you can notice the seasons changing. It's more subtle, but definitely there.

Our weather here in Mississippi is crazy again. We go back and forth between winter and summer in the Spring! It's cool this week... next week, hot.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:11 PM

Here's my progress on checkerboard chain design for 2.5 day (it's still the 25th, Pacific time). I have about a third of the blocks done I figure. Some of the 1.5 inch square pieces are appallingly inaccurate, but my significant other suggests I just keep plugging along, then at the end toss out the most horrendous ones and redo... rather than tossing them all out NOW in frustration. I still like it.
Attached Thumbnails checkerboard-chain-partway.jpg  
Old 04-25-2024, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty, Pamelor! I think your little 9 patches look fine. Because they are surrounded by the white sashing, you can get away with more inaccuracies and not see them. It's going to be a really fun quilt.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:05 AM

Pamelor, your blocks are charming and I applaud your efforts to use multiple light backgrounds. Good way to use up those scraps. Three cheers and keep pushing ahead. Errors, I don't see them. Look'in good!
Old 04-26-2024, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Ibex, how wonderful! My best vacation ever was Hawaii. Our youngest son had a destination wedding and we then stayed for 10 days. I didn't want to come home!!
Candies go out tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:28 AM

SBG, you have not gotten my second package? I am not sure what is up with mail in that region. My niece lives in Columbus, MS and I mailed her a card the same day your second package went out and she got it yesterday. This is crazy.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

Nothing yet, Hav... Maybe today!