Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 04-26-2024, 05:08 PM

Hawaii has been on my bucket list forever. I would love snorkeling the waters. Hiking may be out by the time I get there but who knows!
sent out the candies.
working on quilting some of the tops I have. Nothing new using candy this month!
Old 04-26-2024, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

Hav, I don't understand it either. I have sent and received mail from you several times before with no problem.
Old 04-27-2024, 02:41 AM

Hawaii! Let’s all go! It’ll be the ultimate quilting retreat. Sewing on the lanai, spectacular scenery, beautiful beaches, wonderful weather…wouldn’t that be awesome?!?!
Old 04-27-2024, 04:45 AM

Sign me up for the quilt trip to Hawaii! Sounds like the "Aloha Quilt" book by Jennifer Chiaverini minus the crazy abusive husband but with the dear friends. I would sign up for a class on how to make a Hawaiian quilt or just make a quilt with those beautiful tropical colors. Yeah, let's go.
Old 04-27-2024, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

Lo and behold, Hav's package came today! Thank you Hav! Beautiful purples. The card had a notation that this was the second shipment and the postmark date was 4/24. These will make a great addition to the candy "herd".
Old 04-27-2024, 02:48 PM

1. Heathermom20pmc 4/24
2. Terriamn 4/25
3. JENNR8R 4/25
4. Janice McC 4/26
5. WMU Teach 4/27
6. pamelor 4/27
7. Reba Quilts 4/27

I’m now up to 7!
Thanks all!
Old 04-27-2024, 06:25 PM

Hello all. I finally have my password glitch fixed! May birthday candies were mailed on Monday and should arrive early next week. Happy birthday!!
Old 04-28-2024, 02:53 AM

Yea for technology. Welcome back PM. I have found that there is something new that Microsoft or Google implemented trying to keep us safe and secure starting in April of this year. Now I must sign in every time on every site, but the system does remember my name and password most of the time. Grumble, grumble. Change is not as easy as it used to be.

Will be watching for your name to pop up of the "received" list this week.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:48 AM

Hi everyone! I'm back in SD for a week or two, and DS is letting me know as packages come in at his house in GA.
We are hoping to back down there for Mother's day and my Bday, but we've got a lot of packing to do before we head out again - this time with the big trailer.

I send off my candies yesterday.

So far I've got:
Patrick's Mom
Heathermom20pmc
JENNER8R
Pamelor

Here is an update on what I've been up to

We moved the cats and fish, and that was quite a trip. I have 6 koi, three are about 15" long and three about 8" long. We oxygen packed them in special bags and put them in a couple of totes with ice below them to keep them cool (and rather dormant) and covered with quilts to keep them in the dark. DH had an oxygen tank for his welding, and had experience packing fish from when he worked at a bait store. We re-oxygenated them once on the trip just to be sure they'd make it, since I read they could go 24-48 hours, and we expected to be traveling about 36 hours. We had my RAV4 and a small trailer. Fish and cats when into the RAV, and all the fish and cat supplies went into the trailer, including our 100 gallon stock tank we kept them in for the winter.

We got up around 3 am and packed the fish, then headed out. Ended up with storms along the east side of MO so we stayed on the west side to avoid them. Added over an hour to the trip, but was worth it to avoid storms. Cats did very well, they cried for a bit at first, but once the sun came up they were fine the rest of the trip. We had the back seat down and had it set up for them to be out, with their harnesses on. We took turns driving and ended up at a rest stop near the MO/TN border around 11pm. We slept in the car for about three hours and then got up and hit the road again. Pulled in to DS house around 2pm and unloaded cats and set up the tank and got the fish out of the bags. We all made it fine, and I was sure glad to have that trip out of the way. It was nice not worrying about leaving animals home in need of care while we were gone.

We spent three weeks getting work done on the upstairs where we'll be moving in to. We still have the flooring to put down in what will be my sewing room, but the other two rooms are all done except the cedar lining in the closets. DS had starting renovating the rooms 8 years ago, then lost steam and never finished. He bought most of the supplies for the job and they've been in his way in the house and basement, so he's happy they are finally getting installed. He didn't have enough flooring for all three rooms, so we'll be buying that we we are back down there in two weeks.

BTW - while DH was doing most of the sheetrock work on the last room, I was building a pond for the fish. There had been the start of one on the property that I renovated. Found out it wasn't near level and it took way more work than I expected, including building a 3' retaining wall. But I got it done except the waterfall part, and was able to move the fish into it a few days before we headed back. They seam happy, as my pond in SD was only about 200 gallons, and the new one is about 2,000 gallons.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:29 AM

Wow Macybaby you have been very busy. Glad everything is going as planned. Can’t believe Gavin received her candies from me and you haven’t. You are practically right next door