Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Charm Swap: Theme is (almost) Anything Goes! >

5" Charm Swap: Theme is (almost) Anything Goes!

5" Charm Swap: Theme is (almost) Anything Goes!

Old 09-28-2018, 10:34 AM

I don't think I even did the reply correctly. If I figure it out I will send a picture of my completed dot swap and my brown swap. I ended up with great looking quilts. FUN! Fun! And Thank you red stilettos for doing it.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:47 PM

Okay, folks, all squishies are making their way to your mailboxes. Be on the lookout!

There were a few folks who decided to swap less than the full amount, so for those of you who did, there may be one or two of you getting a repeat. But I promise the duplicate will not be one of your own back

On the flip side, we have a VERY generous board member by the name of oksewglad who wants to "Pay it Forward". She chose not to participate in the swap, but sent enough baggies for everyone to get one for "free". This was a very generous and kind thing for her to do, and I am beyond stunned. Please be sure to thank her when you get a moment. I hope I can be as kind as she some day. Good role model, right ladies!

Ddumouchel, please contact me as soon as possible. I have a small issue with your package and want to make sure I can send it out Thanks!
Old 09-29-2018, 05:57 PM

Oksewglad— thank you so much!! That was very generous of you! Time consuming and really kind of you. You have a big heart!

Red- i’m looking forward to my squishy. I hope my less than 15 bags didn’t screw things up or complicate matters. I only committed to 9 bags — as much as I knew I could iron, cut, organize and mail by the deadline. One of these days I may get a Go! But truth is I actually enjoy rotary cutting.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:51 PM
Power Poster

You're welcome zo...Actually I was going to try to get the PIF last month and had a few browns cut up, then found out that I had a some squares I thought were 5 were actually 4.5...ugh so much for well made plans! So some of you may get a bunch of browns. I started cutting up my scrap pile...anything smaller than a FQ. I just added some 5" squares from this project to make sure everyone got a little packet. I usually add an extra one in case I have miscounted. So many folks have given me scraps and I have to pare down..I will never sew all that i have, so someone else may get some use out of it.

I've also cut 5 x 10 pieces from my scraps. i have sewn this pattern from a small layer cake, charm pack and jelly roll. Why not use scraps and a constant fabric for the sashes? i think you will need 2 yards for the both binding and sashing. It goes together quick. I'm anxious to play with my scraps and create a fun sofa throw. Enjoy.

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/SHOP...ern-56-5-by-70.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:30 PM

zozee, no! You are not the only one who chose to do less than the full amount. It doesn't mess anything up. Like many others, even getting someone else's duplicates can be loads of fun. NO worries what so ever!

Oksewglad, thank you again, and that is a great pattern to use scraps with!! I look forward to using it.

Packers won today.....whoop! whoop! LOL
Old 09-30-2018, 04:58 PM

Oksewglad you are so generous Thanks so much. I was trying for the full amount but ran out of cutting. I usually try to do the maximum on these kinds of swaps as the postage is the same with the maximum as it with the less amount. Thanks so much for doing this swap redstilettos.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:53 AM

Wow good timing or what! While I’m reading this thread I hear the mail person at our mail boxes and my square have arrived. I can’t wait to see what beauties have been sent!!

Oksewglad thank you sew very much for your generosity. That’s very kind of you!!
Old 10-01-2018, 02:58 PM

Got 'em today! What a fun swap!

oksewglad - Thanks so much for the extra charms. That was very sweet of you. <3

I've left feedback for the charms received, but I ran into two little issues. #1 - Donna in CA - what's your board name? #2 - I just got finished leaving feedback for the Boom 21 swap, and when I went to leave feedback for Hav4Boys, it wouldn't let me. Apparently there's a limit of one feedback per day per person. I'll leave yours tomorrow.

Thanks, as always, for hosting, Red! <3
Old 10-01-2018, 03:02 PM

Red - your inbox is full and can't accept new messages.

Rena
Old 10-01-2018, 03:04 PM

Rena! I was just thinking about you and wondering how you are ... and suddenly there's a post from you. How are you doing? <3