5" Charm Theme: I-Spy!

Old 10-25-2018, 04:31 AM

I like that one too! I have a couple of alphabet panels (each letter is a separate block) and I think I can mix that in with the I-Spy blocks. I want to make two quilts, one for a boy and one for a girl.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Thanks bkay, these are great ideas! The happy block idea has me intrigued.
We do a happy block swap on the Yahoo I spy group each year. The first time I made the blocks, I was very happy with the results, so I kind of went overboard making them for a while. I stumbled across a whole stack of the blocks and recently made a couple of more quilts (just got them sandwiched). I just realized I don't have photos of any of my finished happy blocks quilts. (I'll do better.)

Here's a top from one of those swaps. The instructions for that swap is that the sashing should be very brightly colored and read as a solid from a distance.

bkay

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603031[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails facebookpage.jpg  
Old 10-25-2018, 07:28 AM

Mary Alice, whomever you are...your package is here.

Please remember to put your board names on the packages, folks. It's especially important because we have so many new swappers. I haven't had time to "get to know your name/writing style" yet

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2018, 07:29 AM

I've only made one I Spy and I made it as a rag quilt and used 2 of each pic.[ATTACH=CONFIG]603035[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails rag-eye-spy.jpg  
Old 10-25-2018, 07:30 AM

Really love the happy block.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by WANNABEE View Post
Really love the happy block.
That is also my favorite but the rag quilt really stopped me. It's beautiful. I think I will make both. I have enough i-spy charms here to do what I want, also I am going to start looking for more different i-spy fabric.
We have to toss some of the bottom flannel sheets. I am considering using the top sheets that are like new for backing and tying the quilt instead of quilting.Has anyone done this?
I like to shop online but it is difficult to find an online store that will cut less than a yard of any fabric. I need either a FQ or less than a yard. Does any one know of online shops that that will sell less than a yard?

Last edited by sunrise450; 10-26-2018 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:19 AM

Fat quarter shop sells 1/2 yards.
Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
That is also my favorite but the rag quilt really stopped me. It's beautiful. I think I will make both. I have enough i-spy charms here to do what I want, also I am going to start looking for more different i-spy fabric.
We have to toss some of the bottom flannel sheets. I am considering using the top sheets that are like new for backing and tying the quilt instead of quilting.Has anyone done this?
I like to shop online but it is difficult to find an online store that will cut less than a yard of any fabric. I need either a FQ or less than a yard. Does any one know of online shops that that will sell less than a yard?
Old 10-26-2018, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Fat quarter shop sells 1/2 yards.
Thank you Pam, I am making a list. I shop there and it didn't occur to me that they will sell 1/2 yards! Some one else gave me the name of another online shop that has fantastic i-spy fabrics. Of course I can't remember the name. Also can't remember her name! I will search.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
4my3boyz sells fat quarters as well as yardage. If you will look at the description of the fabric, it will tell you the size of objects in the pattern, as her photos do not include rulers (I hate to fussy cut).

I've not ordered much from them, but watch the shipping costs. (I guess I'm used to $5.00 shipping that is common.)

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 10-26-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:18 AM

Thanks bkay, I now have three shops listed, I really like the 4my3boyz. Now I get to go shopping!