Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Color Theme Charm Swap - ORANGE >

5" Color Theme Charm Swap - ORANGE

5" Color Theme Charm Swap - ORANGE

Old 09-11-2017, 05:15 PM

I was not given a sister, but would have no trouble with many women here in the board as one. You are very lucky to have a built in partner in crime!
Old 09-11-2017, 06:08 PM

I agree red, no sister here either but I have always thought it would so great! According to the tracking my little bundle should have arrived at your doorstep today. Been a "hair raising" few days here for us but found out today our house in Florida came through the storm with only minor damage. Relief for sure and now looking forward to the end of the month when we head southeast for the winter and sunshine.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:22 AM

Jaba, so glad to hear everything is where it should be. Minor is easy compared to the alternative!

Ladies, we have 13 swappers this time around. Lots more than I had thought when I pulled orange out of the hat! LOL. No duplicates, yay!!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:15 PM

DJ and moonrise you're packages are here! 😄
Old 09-13-2017, 01:32 PM

Yay!
Old 09-13-2017, 02:37 PM

Red and Jaba- We are all Quilting sisters on this Board, that's for sure! Jaba, thank you for the update on your home situation. We were ready to send you emergency stash rations!
Old 09-13-2017, 02:39 PM

Something to know about my sister...She's very competitive! Of course she mailed her package out before mine! There is no stopping her!
Old 09-13-2017, 02:52 PM

Thanks Crispy, that would have been wonderful if I would have needed it, but I really do appreciate your thoughtfulness! We plan on leaving here on the 30th so am trying to remember what I should or shouldn't take. Then it's a hope I have room type of thing. 1 good thing, I went through my fabrics and cut squares of all the colors that are still in the bag for drawing I'm ready for any of them just need to pack them up. We still don't have any power and they say the earliest will be late next Sunday night. I'm sure we'll have lots of scrubbing when we get there and carpet cleaning but if I get tired I'm sure I can find someone to do it for me.
Made a little quilt for my granddaughter and 1 for her baby doll out of the pinks, so I am getting some of these squares used, that's a good thing.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:32 PM

Crispy, even if your dear sis is competitive I hope she shares her fabric! My widowed sis moved from CA back to TX this spring after 40+ yrs to be nearer to our Texas side of the family & stayed with me in OK while she house hunted online. We went through my entire stash after nightly suppers & filled a very large covered tub with neatly folded FQs, snippets, squares, yardage, etc. We couldn't even lift the tub into her truck, had to get the kids to help! When we went to CA last fall she did the same for me and I had very little space in our truck to haul it back to OK. You should see her fabulous Sunbonnet Sue quilts, wowser! I know she is a blessing to so many!

Jaba, you gonna post pics of your DGD & doll quilt? Hope your relocation goes smoothly as possible. In the words of my DH, When in doubt, farm it out! Keeping you in my prayers!
hugs,
dj
Old 09-13-2017, 06:06 PM

Secret Santa 2017 signups open, see Member Swaps top. Hope you join the fun!
hugs,
dj