Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Color Theme Charm Swap - Yellow >

5" Color Theme Charm Swap - Yellow

5" Color Theme Charm Swap - Yellow

Old 01-23-2018, 12:08 PM

we are patient. excited to be close though......
Old 01-23-2018, 12:15 PM

did yall see Jinney's quilt in the thread [h=2]Grandson's star quilt[/h]It would use our 5" charms nicely. She did an outstanding job
Old 01-23-2018, 01:43 PM

Let's get the anticipation going in the meantime. What colors are left in the primary spectrum? Anything? Are we down to white, black, gray and tan? Will it be something more exotic? Who has been here from the beginning and knows what colors we've had already?
Old 01-23-2018, 06:06 PM

I haven't been doing this for very long so I might not have all the info correct. Looking back through the Swaps history, Red has been hosting 5" charms in yellows, reds, greens, oranges, blues, purples, and pinks. Before that there were color swaps done in FQ and 10 1/2" squares so it will be interesting to see what is next.

Somewhere in the last couple of swaps, Red has listed her categories but I can't find it. Could it be browns, grays, whites or blacks .... or maybe florals or stripes or circles .... or maybe light backgrounds. Oh, the anticipation .....
Old 01-24-2018, 08:21 AM

Can I still join
Lora
Old 01-24-2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by horsley01 View Post
Can I still join
Lora
Welcome to the Quilting Board! Unfortunately, probably not but there will be a new swap with another color of 5" charms as soon as Red gets finishes up this one by mailing the charms we sent to her. Watch for her new post soon.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:16 AM

Hi all....guess what's going to be popped in the mail this afternoon?!?!!!

Lora, I will be posting the next one soon...please join. These ladies are spectacular! (If I do say so myself!)
Old 01-25-2018, 12:51 PM

Hey Red, any clue on the next color? (I almost said, "what's for supper?" but that would be a total throwback to my childhood...) We finally got an offer on our house and will most likely be moving soon. I want to be prepared for the next color before I start packing. Going to save fabric for near last.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:18 AM

Okay, all.

Did everyone hear that big noise outside last night at approx. 7pm central time? That was me raising my voice at my husband.

I've been busy (year-end work along with mom in the hospital....again!). So what does my darling hubby ask? Is there anything I can do to help you? Oh YES! Please! Can you take these package to the post office and get them mailed for me. SURE....NO PROBLEM he says. Piece of cake he says.

And last night he said he forgot until it was too late to take them in.

SO. I now have them. And I WILL mail them out this afternoon. Yes, still before the deadline, but I know everyone has been waiting patiently. The will be mailed no later than noon today.

On the flip side, we have some Very clever people here in this swap. I won't say why so I don't ruin the surprise, but I think everyone will get a kick out of it.

The next color pulled is Gray. Or Grey. Depending how you like it spelled. (crispy, don't groan....grays can be happy, and not grumpy/sad, too!) I think they might pair nicely with our pinks, purples, yellows, etc!

I'm working on pin cushions this weekend for our guild's booth at the quilt show next month. My daughter helped me make flower pot pin cushions, and I'm working on hippo's and piggies. These need the eyes and to be stuffed, but you get the idea. Any Saturday petting fabric makes me happy.

What's on your plate?
Attached Thumbnails img_1061%5B1%5D.jpg   img_1062%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 01-26-2018, 05:24 AM

Okay, I guess I need to upload them separately. Maybe the files are too big....who knows!
Attached Thumbnails hippo.jpg   hippo2.jpg