Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 5" Color-Themed Swap - Color: Pinks

5" Color-Themed Swap - Color: Pinks

Spring 5” Charm Swap – Color Theme (Pink). Sign up ends Wednesday, May 31st
    Swaps need to be in my hands by June 15th with final distribution by June 21st.

***The Color Theme for this Spring Swap is Pink ***

1. Color theme of Pink means a Minimum of 80% of the print has to be some shade of Pink. Yes, they can have other colors within that 5” square as well, but the predominant color must be a minimum of 80% Pink.

2. You may swap up to 10 bags with 20 different 5" square charms in each bag. Please fussy cut if your fabric print requires it. Send the kind you hope to receive. Only send 100% quilting cotton squares!

Do Not Send: thin fabrics, homespuns, dotted swiss, denim, flannel, polyester or polyester blends, eyelet, wool, linen, fleece, knit, broadcloth, seersucker, Etc. Only send 100% quilting cotton, please.

3. Take your time cutting and be sure you have correctly cut 5” squares.

Cutting/Packaging Method:
    We will be sending 20 Different fabrics in each bag we swap. All your bags can have the same mixture in them, or different, but you cannot repeat fabrics in any one bag. We will be swapping bag for bag, so there must be 20 different fabrics in each bag. Please put your board name & location on every bag you are swapping. For instance, "Redstilettos, West Bend, WI"

4. Put all your swap bags in one big ziplock then affix a tag on it that includes your name and mailing address, as well as your board name. That will keep them together in your package and if it happens to get torn open in shipment - your address will be there for the P.O. to return to you. Tyvek envelopes or padded flat rate envelopes are the best shipping method. You can order the padded flat rate envelops from the post office online, in packages of 10, and they are free.

5. Postage: It costs $7.20 to ship the padded flat rate envelop. Please include a USPS Money Order for $7.20 in your big ziplock to pay to return ship to you. Very well hidden cash or stamps are okay. I cannot ship back to you until I receive payment. No personal or company checks, please.

6. PM (Private Message) me to sign up and indicate how many bags you intend to swap and include your real name and address to ship back to you. I will respond to you with my mailing address for you to mail all of your swaps to me for distribution to all swappers. Positive feedback for earlybirds will be awarded.

7. If I receive All swaps early, distribution back to swappers be early, too!
    Let’s aim to be early! If I do not receive early, distribution will be by June 21st..

Let’s have tons of fun, and of course we must all follow all the basic QB swap rules, found here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.html

If you have questions, please PM me. Thanks!
    Red
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-05-2017 at 08:58 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS

Power Poster
    The above link did not work for me in Safari or Firefox.

Try this link instead:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...-a-t20154.html

Thanks for posting that, Bear!

Blog Entries
    I'm having trouble getting 80% pink, how about fabric that "reads" pink? My stash must not be big enough for this swap....but I am cutting and counting and trying because pink is my favorite color. I'll let you know if I have enough pink to sign up.....Jane

I would think if it "reads" pink I'd consider it pink.

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of interest so far. Not sure if it is the swap type, amount of colors, or the color itself.

If there isn't an interest, we may have to rethink it.

I'm open to suggestions

Blog Entries
    Don't panic yet.....people need to check their stashes. I usually don't PM the host until I know I have enough to participate......and that takes time. I've been cutting my pinks this morning and am finding that to make 10 participant baggies, it takes about one fat quarter. (so to put 20 different charms in each bag, for 10 participants you need 20 different pink fat quarters for the entire mailing). This will total to a 5 yard swap. ....You may want to check my math......

Anyway, your swap should work, because 5 inch charms can be added to those pesky 5" charm packs that we all bought, but now don't have enough of to make something. These will all help stretch and blend, especially after we have made the rounds in many colors. Also, if you don't use them as 5", just 2 simple cross cuts and you have a big stack of 2.5"scrappy charms that we can use color coded or scrappy, or trade off the other 3 of the 4 in the next scrap swap. So many opportunities, I think this swap will fly.

Jane, the math makes my head hurt (and I'm an accountant by nature, LOL!)

But you are not required to do 10 bags. If you do, great, but you can do as little as 1 bag. Just need to have no fabric duplicates. Even my tired brain can do that.....well....usually!

I counted 18 pinks so far, so I'm in! I know I can find two more in my scraps pile, which is huge! I'll PM as soon as I figure out how many bags I can come up with! Definitely more than 1, maybe less than 10?? Yeah, I know, that leaves a lot of room for interpretation!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

red......I am IN!!!

I will let you know just how many sets.
    😃
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
    I would think if it "reads" pink I'd consider it pink.

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of interest so far. Not sure if it is the swap type, amount of colors, or the color itself.

If there isn't an interest, we may have to rethink it.

I'm open to suggestions
    It's a lovely idea for a swap for sure. Especially if one was working on a scrap quilt with one color theme. Unfortunately I have too many quilts in the works at the moment, but I'll watch the swap from the fence.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    Hey red, look how many of your friends have come out to support you as a host! I, too, have too many projects in the till, but I don't dare miss a color. It might take a year to get around to all the colors, one swap at a time, and by then, I will be ready to make a color themed scrappy. Thanks for hosting.

Blog Entries
    I will look and see if I have enough fq's and scraps to participate. I figure if I have enough fabric here for 10 bags, it will cost $1.50 per bag with the mailing cost being $15 total. I have to figure in the mailing cost. And I agree with Jane, Thanks for hosting.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Great!

So far, including myself we have 6, with time for others to join, yet.

We have:
    MizMelly
    BarbaraKibler
    Sunrise
    Jane Quilter
    Hav4Boys
    Red

I looked at my fabrics and I have 17. Oh DARN. I have to go to the fabric store for "three" more. tee hee. So so naughty. LOL

Blog Entries
    Okay, I was so wrong. At 20 bags with today's mail rates, It will cost .70 per bag.
    I have found 11 pink fq so far. I'll look for more. I just remembered my youngest daughter loves pink. I'll keep looking.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

I am going to try! Will Pm you when know for sure!!,

I'm in but need to go thought my fabrics to see what I can find in pinks will PM you later

Sorry, it took me awhile to head over here. I am interested! I'll see what I can dig up and let you know how many baggies I can swap.

Interested, but let me check my stash before I commit.

Sorry, I checked, and I don't have enough pinks to do this swap.

Golly, Red, wish I had more pinks right now and some free time. Miss my work room!!!
    Best of luck with this swap!
    hugs,
    dj
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Blog Entries
    Ok, got mine cut and bagged. Have 10 bags of 20 5"pink charms each.... Now I need an address to mail them to.....

This is getting my stash now organized by color. I was just happy to have them visible and wound on cards. Progress...progress. Jane Q

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Got mine cut today, not sure what I am going to use them for yet but always in favor of a new swap! I'm in for 10 bags will send PM now. And the plus is I cut some strips of 2 1/2" to use also, either for me or the birthday swap next year.
    Sending in a PM now and am ready to mail.

I am in for 10 sets of 20! Now I gotta get cutting!
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

Found more pinks, will drag them to Phoenix & cut as many sets as I can during the trip next week at the hotel. Will PM you my count! Thanks for hosting!
    Whew! Love new swaps!!!!
    hugs,
    dj
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djmat View Post
    Found more pinks, will drag them to Phoenix & cut as many sets as I can during the trip next week at the hotel. Will PM you my count! Thanks for hosting!
    Whew! Love new swaps!!!!
    hugs,
    dj
    who goes on vacation and takes fabric and cuts out charms? Only us crazy die-hard committed swappers! You go girl (I know you are positioning yourself for swapper of the year) You have my vote!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast