Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Another Woman's Treasure Swap! Sign up thru July 31st, 2013! >

Another Woman's Treasure Swap! Sign up thru July 31st, 2013!

Another Woman's Treasure Swap! Sign up thru July 31st, 2013!

Old 08-25-2013, 05:47 AM

I am in for Oct also. This swap was such fun and I became friends with my swap partner scol409. Thanks so much for the fabulous box I received from you.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:55 PM

Count me in for a repeat........Loved this first swap!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:36 PM

Unhappy Oh Happy Day!!

I just received my stash swap box from Pat, (homecaregiver)! It is a beautiful collection of different fabrics, patterns, fat quarters, panels and embellishment goodies. One of my very favorite parts is the 'Where the Buffalo Roam' landscape fabric. I have toyed around with landscape quilts and this will be a welcome addition. The Christmas fabrics will come in handy for my upcoming Christmas projects (planned, anyway) - new Christmas quilts for my 3 children. This box was beautifully packaged and my 8 year old granddaughter loved helping me discover the goodies inside. I hope my pictures come through!! THANK YOU, Pat!!! Sue Coleman Pix won't come through
Old 08-29-2013, 10:52 AM

Wow I received my box from Mary Hodges aka Craftymatt2 yesterday on a date that is really difficult for me so, I needed a ray of sunlight and Mary's box was very helpful in that. I could believe on how packed it was!!! I think there is 29 different fabrics. OMG!!! That mulsin has tobe close to 14 or 15 yards!!! JACKPOT!!!! I use muslin for everything and I mean everything for tea-dyeing, backing, stitchery ... well you get the point. LOL. And funny thing is I was almost completely out ... with the exception of a few scrap pieces. Talk about timing ... I was trying to figure out how I was going to get somemore for the projects that I'm working on right now. Whoooweeee! Mary sure saved my butt ... yeah!! I can make many of my little 12" Prairie Dolls from that oh-so-wonderful Muslin.

I found some solids & blenders for a tablerunner that I making. If you look real hard on the right hand of the photo ... you can see me graphing out the design. Yes ... yes - I'm getting my geek on (rolling eyes here). There are several small flower prints that will be prefect for some sixty 12" prairie doll dresses that my 4 person quilt group are making for Santa to give out for our local village Christmas program this year. So Thank You Mary ... we are using gifted fabrics to make these little dolls & dresses possible.

The pattern that she enclosed will be prefect for me to make some usefully but pretty sewing gifts for my packages and Christmas gifts. I loved the "I'm a Quilting Addict's" license plate that I hung up in the little quilting area. There is so many useful items in this box that I MUST try and find a way to play in the next swap.

I wanted to say "Thank You" to Mary as this was a great box that you sent me. I would trade with ya again anytime!!

Sincerely,
Tricia

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432918[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn3643.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 AM

Great package, love the I'm a Quilting Addict's" license plate, where did ya find it???
Old 08-30-2013, 08:08 AM

I'm in for Oct. My DS just brought over 3 more huge bins of my Moms stash. Some is totally unusable (polyester knits from the "70's". We had divided up her stash, with me taking home 11 bins and DS taking home the rest. She doesn't sew as much and decided I should have even more. These are 33 gallon tubs. I guess I have some organizing to do.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:59 AM

Grandma Di, those knits from the 70s make fabulous camping quilts! Just cut big squares or rectangles (8" or so) and do scrappy. Wear like iron and almost dont need batting down here. Also great for pet beds.
So not totally unusable at all!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:14 PM

I heard that some people use the knits to make blankets for the Homeless. It might be worth looking into too. Churches/ Dept. Human Service types could tell who or where to take them for their outreach programs. Shoot even Women or Homeless shelters would be happy to have quilts made from them for their clients. As long as they keep someone warm they aren't fussy about looks. Just some thoughts on the matter.

Sincerely,
Tricia
Old 09-01-2013, 06:55 AM

MFRB Swap Version 2.0 has been posted.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post6267452

Old 09-01-2013, 07:52 AM

YAY! I'm in!