Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • April 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

• April 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 04-25-2010, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by RJ
    Originally Posted by BrendaB
    Beautiful! It's so nice to find others who like pink too. The embroidery is gorgeous too. I keep thinking I would like to have an embroidery machine too, but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to learn to use it. Seems like it would be very complicated. I'm still intimidated by my serger. :-(
    You don't have to be smart to use an embroidery machine--I learned from following the directions in the book that came with my machine. I have had my machine for 4 years and I am still finding things that it will do.

I don't use it as much as I could--but it is fun when I do
    I have learned some about my embroidery machine, but the serger is another story :-( :-( :-(
    Old 04-26-2010, 01:54 AM

Wow There are some more beautiful quilts on here now. I have not been on for two or three days ( finaly finished cleaning my sewing room). I got to quilt yesterday for the first time in two weeks. So my two quilts will be going out next week hopefuly. Sorry they were not sooner.
    Old 04-26-2010, 06:49 AM

I LOVE YOUR DOLL QUILT! EXCELLENT JOB! I love the picture! The fat quarter is perfect for the Siggy Blocks!! What a great gift!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 04-26-2010, 06:55 AM

Elly just checked and your quilt is scheduled to be at your house tomorrow. I can;t wait for you to see it. GK
    Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 AM
    RJ

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    Originally Posted by RJ
    Beautiful! It's so nice to find others who like pink too. The embroidery is gorgeous too. I keep thinking I would like to have an embroidery machine too, but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to learn to use it. Seems like it would be very complicated. I'm still intimidated by my serger. :-(
    You don't have to be smart to use an embroidery machine--I learned from following the directions in the book that came with my machine. I have had my machine for 4 years and I am still finding things that it will do.

k
    I have learned some about my embroidery machine, but the serger is another story :-( :-( :-(
    A friend gave me a serger and I have not even tried it--don't know what to do with it LOL
    Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by RJ
    Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    Originally Posted by RJ

k
    A friend gave me a serger and I have not even tried it--don't know what to do with it LOL
    I love my serger!! At least ever since I learned how to use it!! It does all kinds of cool stuff, sewing and quilting!! The hardest part is learning how to thread it!! :shock:
    Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 AM

I just bought a new machine for embroidery, and the manual is at least 1 1/2 inches thick (and that's all English). A tad bit intimidating. But when I started pushing buttons, the machine actually shows videos of how to do the basic stuff!!!! It's so much smarter than I am, and brings back flashbacks of old Twilight Zone TV episodes. I keep the sewing room door closed now.
    Old 04-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Elly----I just opened my quilt. LOVE IT LOVE IT. Will post pictures a little bit later. Got to work for a little bit then back. Thanks so much.
    Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    I just bought a new machine for embroidery, and the manual is at least 1 1/2 inches thick (and that's all English). A tad bit intimidating. But when I started pushing buttons, the machine actually shows videos of how to do the basic stuff!!!! It's so much smarter than I am, and brings back flashbacks of old Twilight Zone TV episodes. I keep the sewing room door closed now.
    Nancy,
    CONGRATULATIONS, on your new embroidery machine!! How exciting for you. I just know you are going to Love it a lot!! I will be looking for your future postings of some of your new work. Thank you for sharing with us today.
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 04-26-2010, 09:26 AM

karielt, Have you received yours yet? It should have arrived by now.