Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >

April 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

April 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 04-30-2010, 04:36 PM

Sorry about the sideways pic, I thought I already turned it around. She rarely stands still long enough anyway so she looks normal no matter what position she's in.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:05 PM

Imjustme, your quilt will go out tomorrow. I'm just about finished with the border and need to get the label on. Thanks for your patience.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
I really enjoy this swap! I will need to bow out for a couple of months, but I will be back!! ;-)
Hurry back, I was hoping I would get you as partner sometime very soon. I love your quilts!! :-D
Wilhelmina, that was the sweetest thing to say. Thank you so very much! :oops: You know that I'm really, really new to quilting, right? I have only made three doll quilts and a couple of crib size baby quilts in my whole life. I would be honored to trade with you. I have a tons of projects at home that I must accomplish before I can take on anything new. I need to make a quilt for my husband, he's my biggest cheerleader, critic, and source of support. I don't know what it will be, I'm still looking at patterns.
Thank you so very much for making my day!!
{{{ hugs from Marie }}}
When you feel caught up some...and can come back to this swap, maybe we can ask Chele to pair us up as partners!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:27 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
I got my quilt today from BrendaB, and it's great!!! It's hard to see in the picture, but the lighter portions of the sides of the quilt are hand-quilted in leaf and flower patterns. Very nice job, and you may have just inspired me to try a little hand-quilting myself after looking at your fine work. The quilt is already getting acquainted with the other spring quilts on my sewing room wall. There's a lot of chatter going on, so I guess they found they have a lot in common -- all made with love. Also included with the quilt were some hand lotion and chapstick (which I really needed - my hands are a mess from working outside), some "churn dish" buttons, and a magnetic pin holder (which, by the way was on my Walmart shopping list but as usual they were out of). Thank you very much for all of it. I do love the quilt and appreciate all the hard work you put into it.
Thank you, Nancy in Louisana. I sent you a PM explaining that I got your DQ. The pictures I took didn't turn out well, and the quilt deserves to be shown in the best light. It is absolutely beautiful! Thank you seems such a small thing to say for such a beautiful gift. The quilt that you made for me is amazing. I will get the pictures posted tomorrow, but wanted to thank you right away for being such a wonderful partner and for sharing your talent with me. I am truly blessed. Thank you again. It will be cherished and appreciated more than I can tell you. :-)

I almost forgot, I think Fiona is adorable in any position. :-)
Old 05-01-2010, 05:54 AM

Wow!!! some more I love.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 AM

:), I just got mine today! Opened up and what a lovely quilt and a surprise inside as well!! Thank you so much pvquilter (Joyce), I will display it, use it and enjoy it!! The gift of the material was not expected, but I must say, I love surprises!, the material is wonderful! Now I have to figure what I will make from it for holidays. Again, thank you and I love the quilt piece :).

Sharon
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32531.jpe   attachment-32532.jpe  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:54 AM

Very nice.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:15 AM

WOW!! :thumbup: Rose of Sharon, your little doll quilt is so cute. What a great idea for something a little different. I can just imagine that minds are whirling with new doll quilt ideas by now!! Thank you for sharing!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 05-01-2010, 09:36 AM

sharon, that is so cute,love the fabric surprise also.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:50 AM

That is a very cool little quilt!