April - Boom 18

Old 02-21-2017, 06:27 AM

Here's my block for MJPEncinitas. It's a 3 D Box. I love that dancing skeleton couple! LOL That will be me and my DH one day.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0388-2-.jpg  
Old 02-21-2017, 06:39 AM

Sue so glad to hear you can be up some and be able to sew. Working in a nursing home I know what you mean about hospital beds..a couple of the rooms have quilts on their beds and they are definitely NOT the full size but Oh the difference they make to a room!! It makes it more homey and brighter..Id love to see a picture of yours when you get it done! I sure hope you can join us in the next boom! I miss your blocks!!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:59 AM

Sue so good to hear from you. I'm so happy you're able to sew some. It makes life so much brighter. Your tips on the hospital bed quilts are very helpful. Please post a picture of yours when you're done. Thanks for your courage. Prayers are sent your way!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:08 AM

Libster Thank you for the wonderfully colorful block. I really like it.

Can the Day of the Dead quilt go to the county fair?
Everyone: My friend was put in charge of the Home & Hobby show at the San Diego county fair. She has been doing a great job, working very hard, of bringing the show into the 21st century. I try to enter an unusual quilt in her fair to help her out. I realized I probably won't have anything but this day of the dead quilt. I gave everything else away. Can I enter this as a group project? I am NOT concerned about winning. I just want to give her a quilt that the community will smile at when they look at it. I think this one will connect with kids as well as our Mexican-American community. I can use your quilting board names or your real name. Please PM me if you object to this. IF we win the prize is $25 or less. It may not happen if I don't get the quilt done in time or the rules don't allow this type of group. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:20 AM

I certainly have no objections at all if you show it. I would love to see it finished.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:48 AM

I also have absolutley no issues w/ you putting it in a show or fair.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:19 AM

mjp that's a great idea! I have entered a couple of mine also. In Wyoming I have judged for the county fairs and there is a category for a group quilt. On your registration or quilt label you can say the blocks were made by individuals swapping, designed and put together by you and quilted by you. That's an example....I try to read the maker's comments but some judges will only judge the quilt itself. Hope that helps you
Old 02-21-2017, 08:41 AM

MM. thanks for the lovely block! Seesaw.....you're in my prayers
Old 02-21-2017, 10:31 AM

MJP, the quilt will be yours to do with as you wish, including entering it in a fair. Should you win, I cannot imagine anyone would be anything less than thrilled for you - and for their help in making it happen.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Libster Thank you for the wonderfully colorful block. I really like it.

Can the Day of the Dead quilt go to the county fair?
Everyone: My friend was put in charge of the Home & Hobby show at the San Diego county fair. She has been doing a great job, working very hard, of bringing the show into the 21st century. I try to enter an unusual quilt in her fair to help her out. I realized I probably won't have anything but this day of the dead quilt. I gave everything else away. Can I enter this as a group project? I am NOT concerned about winning. I just want to give her a quilt that the community will smile at when they look at it. I think this one will connect with kids as well as our Mexican-American community. I can use your quilting board names or your real name. Please PM me if you object to this. IF we win the prize is $25 or less. It may not happen if I don't get the quilt done in time or the rules don't allow this type of group. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:33 AM

MJP I agree with everyone. How exciting to enter your boom quilt. Go for it girlfriend.