April - Boom 18

Old 02-20-2017, 07:15 AM

Ibex94 I would like to make a block similar to Kass for you. I even have a fairy to peek out of the flower This would involve raw edge applique. It has held up well on my bed quilt. Let me know if this is ok with you. [ATTACH=CONFIG]568626[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails kass.jpg  
Old 02-20-2017, 07:22 AM

Love the red/orange/yellow fabric - is it batik?? Great colors
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Thanks for my cute blocks. So many wonderful blocks have been created for tis swap. Here is my block for Kassaundra:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568620[/ATTACH]
Old 02-20-2017, 11:13 AM

This block is for Marija. Similar to Kass. The colors are not right. I tried adjusting them but no luck. The background is a light aqua-green background and Marija's fabric is off as you can see. With Marija's permission I did some thread painting on the block. It looks much prettier in real life. Marija I'll bring it to class tomorrow and show it to you there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568656[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails marija.jpg  
Old 02-20-2017, 11:34 AM

OOPs forgot to add the leaves. This block is for Marija. Similar to Kass. The colors are not right. I tried adjusting them but no luck. The background is a light aqua-green background and Marija's fabric is off as you can see. With Marija's permission I did some thread painting on the block. It looks much prettier in real life. Marija I'll bring it to class tomorrow and show it to you there.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568657[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails marija.jpg  
Old 02-20-2017, 01:50 PM

Thought I would take a break from sewing and post the weekend's finishes. Francie-Attic Windows, LJDugas-Austin, Kass-Greek Cross in two colors, All2pieces-it was supposed to be a friendship star, but I am calling it friends gone wild. By the time I realized my mistake, I had trimmed it and was afraid if I ripped it up I would make a bigger mess and it doesn't look too bad, so I left it.
Attached Thumbnails dscf4636.jpg   dscf4637.jpg   dscf4638.jpg   dscf4639.jpg  
Old 02-20-2017, 02:09 PM

Off topic - I had a absolutely first time experience today. I am doing the great happy dance because I went to store today (looking for capris) and notice the swimsuits. Mine are really stretched out and I swim in the ocean in the summer with the grands. Now I am not a good shopper - and I hate taking my clothes off in front of a mirror. Took a dozen or so into room and ......the very first suit fit perfectly. Nothing popping out - nothing showing when I bend over - it is absolutely amazing. Then it was 30% off plus a 20% off coupon. Things could not get better. Just had to share -
Old 02-20-2017, 02:30 PM

That really does qualify as a great shopping day! Did you find some capris too? Have to laugh TG, that's my problem too, either the rear-end is hanging out or the boobs....If I was younger I'd rather it be the boobs....now it's hard to keep it all covered and be satisfied....
Old 02-20-2017, 02:38 PM

TG, great news! A suit you like and on sale! But OMG, if trying on clothes isn't the thing I dread most in life, it's surely in the top five. Congrats to you!
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Off topic - I had a absolutely first time experience today. I am doing the great happy dance because I went to store today (looking for capris) and notice the swimsuits. Mine are really stretched out and I swim in the ocean in the summer with the grands. Now I am not a good shopper - and I hate taking my clothes off in front of a mirror. Took a dozen or so into room and ......the very first suit fit perfectly. Nothing popping out - nothing showing when I bend over - it is absolutely amazing. Then it was 30% off plus a 20% off coupon. Things could not get better. Just had to share -
Old 02-20-2017, 03:04 PM

I don't mind clothes shopping for me. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal and fortunately my job is conducive to that wardrobe. However, clothes shopping with my teenage boys is another issue altogether. My 17 y/o is 5'9"ish and less than 100 lbs, so you can imagine what a nightmare that is. Too tall for the jr. section, not big enough around for the men's section.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Mjp, your applique blocks are so cute!

MM, love your newest blocks too. That attic windows looks cool. It's going to be great with all of Francie's other blocks.

TG, I always find bathing suits when I'm not looking for them. Usually off season. Congrats on the find! I teach water exercise in an outdoor pool in the summers, and I have to stay covered during all that activity (I get in the pool with my class). I've taken to wearing swim shorts (made like surfer shorts of old...) and a swim tank. (The top half of a tankini). It works well and I can keep everything in place! But shopping for them... yuck. I hate it too.