April - Boom 18

Old 04-25-2017, 08:17 AM

I was extremely proud of myself for finishing Allietare before starting Provence (it was the day before, but whose counting right??? lol)
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I've go an Allietare still hanging around unfinished. In fact, it's hogging the design wall. I need to clone myself. Seriously.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:39 AM

Ok ladies don't die of shock but I have never sewn boom blocks into a quilt before today. I decided not to add lattice because I only wanted the two colors. Will add a third color for narrow border. Off to find enough red for outer border and this baby will be ready for quilting. These blocks are assembled as they came out of their baggies. I have three lefr and didn't have enough of the wave fabric left to make 2 more blocks for another row. Haven't decided if they will go into a great table runner or go on back of quilt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572083[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 04-25-2017, 08:45 AM

I haven't either. And I'm sure we aren't the only ones. My next quilt, if the one I'm working on now turns out well, will be a boom quilt. Finally. Congrats, Terriamn! It certainly is a bold top!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ok ladies don't die of shock but I have never sewn boom blocks into a quilt before today...

Old 04-25-2017, 09:07 AM

Wow, that is some bright chaos, good for you for embrassing the chaos. I think I would have to call it "Torsades" if it were mine. It is a rare but fatal heart rhythm that your blue fabric reminds me of. https://www.google.com/search?q=tors...8ioLY76q3qHZM:
Ok ladies don't die of shock but I have never sewn boom blocks into a quilt before today. I decided not to add lattice because I only wanted the two colors. Will add a third color for narrow border. Off to find enough red for outer border and this baby will be ready for quilting. These blocks are assembled as they came out of their baggies. I have three lefr and didn't have enough of the wave fabric left to make 2 more blocks for another row. Haven't decided if they will go into a great table runner or go on back of quilt

Old 04-25-2017, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
If you figure out the cloning thing, let us know. We'll need a tut for that. If it's as good as your QAYG Tut, you'll have a lot of very happy boomers around here.
Lol, Janice... I'll be sure to do that just as soon as I figure it out. (Don't hold your breath). Ha!

I actually have so many plans in the works that I feel paralyzed in my quilting... what to work on first? I have craft shows coming up on Saturday and the following Saturday, and not enough small things made to sell. I have all the ideas for the quilts I want to make for the fabric and patterns I bought while in Paducah. I have all the recent UFOs to finish, plus a couple of BOM and BOWs to start on. And always, the pull of the charity quilting to keep up with. That's the most important thing I do. And on top of all of it I have a commissioned T Shirt to finish by early May!

I think I will have to 'call it good' with the craft show inventory... not expecting a lot out of those, anyway. And the new stuff I DARE not start, with so much else in the works, unfinished. I think I'll have to finish up a few things so I can get to that T shirt quilt. It's a graduation present for the lady's daughter.

You all have helped me along with my charity quilting, because all I have to do is assemble and sew my April Boom blocks and I'll have two to donate, right there. Can't wait to have those to show you....

There, I've talked myself into a plan.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

Wow Terri! The quilt is outstanding.... And a big round of clapping hands, for you sewing together a Boom top, your first! Have fun quilting that puppy on your new quilter.

You should call that one "Shock Waves"...

Janice, can't wait to see what you do with the QAYG method. I find it an easy and fun way to get one put together fast. It's so much more fun to quilt 12" blocks individually, for me.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:01 AM

The red border fabric is in the wash. Hope to totally finish by Friday. Great names ladies I love them both, any more ideas. Think this fabric was so out there it didn't need a lot of thought and planning to put it together. Let's face it nothing was going to calm it down. When it's finished it will go in the drawer until someone says I love it and it will be there's immediately.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:22 PM

Terri, you mean to tell me ALL the swaps we have been in together you have never finished a quilt with them?? I have sewn mine into some kind of quilt from Boom 5 till this one. Id have a panic attack if I had all those blocks laying around! LOL... I love the boldness of it and I bet a teenager would love it too!!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:27 PM

Nope Joan, have never sewn any of them together b4. I get them out and can't decide what to do with them. Need to divide to just get it done b4 I start losing the blocks.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:33 PM

A great burst of color over a rocking chair back in a library/reading room.