April - Boom 18

Old 04-25-2017, 01:14 PM

I received my package. Everything is terrific! Thanks to all!!
Old 04-25-2017, 01:49 PM

Congrats Terri! Your quilt does remind me of a heart rhythm too. It's bright & vibrant! So fun to see a boom quilt put together.

Sewbiz I love your entry about being stuck & paralyzed. I'm afraid I have too many projects myself & I'm thinking I need to start finishing a few of my projects before I do a few more swaps.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ok ladies don't die of shock but I have never sewn boom blocks into a quilt before today. I decided not to add lattice because I only wanted the two colors. Will add a third color for narrow border. Off to find enough red for outer border and this baby will be ready for quilting. These blocks are assembled as they came out of their baggies. I have three lefr and didn't have enough of the wave fabric left to make 2 more blocks for another row. Haven't decided if they will go into a great table runner or go on back of quilt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572083[/ATTACH]
Terri this is some awesome and I agree with Kass good for you for embracing the chaos. Not going to lie it makes me dizzy but I just love it.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Lol, Janice... I'll be sure to do that just as soon as I figure it out. (Don't hold your breath). Ha!

I actually have so many plans in the works that I feel paralyzed in my quilting... what to work on first? I have craft shows coming up on Saturday and the following Saturday, and not enough small things made to sell. I have all the ideas for the quilts I want to make for the fabric and patterns I bought while in Paducah. I have all the recent UFOs to finish, plus a couple of BOM and BOWs to start on. And always, the pull of the charity quilting to keep up with. That's the most important thing I do. And on top of all of it I have a commissioned T Shirt to finish by early May!

I think I will have to 'call it good' with the craft show inventory... not expecting a lot out of those, anyway. And the new stuff I DARE not start, with so much else in the works, unfinished. I think I'll have to finish up a few things so I can get to that T shirt quilt. It's a graduation present for the lady's daughter.

You all have helped me along with my charity quilting, because all I have to do is assemble and sew my April Boom blocks and I'll have two to donate, right there. Can't wait to have those to show you....

There, I've talked myself into a plan.
I actually have so many plans in the works that I feel paralyzed in my quilting...
Sewbiz exactly this I couldn't even make a decision I finally picked a small must do project, another baby quilt and got that done then decided to finish the 3 Paris quilts I need before the end of September done. After that I'll reevaluate the next 8 quilts I have in the works as to which is most important. None of that includes boom 13, 15, 16, 17 or 18..... 14 is my only boom finished. We won't talk about several others that I have either started or want to start.

Holy crap I need to quite thinking about it or I'll be paralyzed again.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:42 PM

Terriamn, congratulations on taking that first step to get this quilt done. That blue fabric was so fun to work with. You Boomers came up with gorgeous blocks to show it off. How about "Heartbeats around the world" as a name?

Sewbizgirl, I'm waiting on that cloning tute, too.

Get your projects done, BOOMers, so you can participate in the next BOOM without UFO guilt.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
WOW WOW WOW! Some pretty awesome blocks, dear friends. Hoping to get to come the team time you have a play date! I think I'm going to go open my squishy with the orange blocks in it. Need to work on a center medallion square and I put the back in the bag after I ogled them for a few days. ❤️❤️
Can't wait to see it!!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:00 PM

Excellent!
Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
I received my package. Everything is terrific! Thanks to all!!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:05 PM

And I'm practically paralyzed with a single project on my plate! Omgosh!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Lol, Janice... I'll be sure to do that just as soon as I figure it out. (Don't hold your breath). Ha!

I actually have so many plans in the works that I feel paralyzed in my quilting... what to work on first? I have craft shows coming up on Saturday and the following Saturday, and not enough small things made to sell. I have all the ideas for the quilts I want to make for the fabric and patterns I bought while in Paducah. I have all the recent UFOs to finish, plus a couple of BOM and BOWs to start on. And always, the pull of the charity quilting to keep up with. That's the most important thing I do. And on top of all of it I have a commissioned T Shirt to finish by early May!

I think I will have to 'call it good' with the craft show inventory... not expecting a lot out of those, anyway. And the new stuff I DARE not start, with so much else in the works, unfinished. I think I'll have to finish up a few things so I can get to that T shirt quilt. It's a graduation present for the lady's daughter.

You all have helped me along with my charity quilting, because all I have to do is assemble and sew my April Boom blocks and I'll have two to donate, right there. Can't wait to have those to show you....

There, I've talked myself into a plan.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a lot of us are overwhelmed. There's just SO MUCH fun quilting out there that we tend to bury ourselves in it-- I do, anyway. Maybe it's a good thing we will have a two month break before another BOOM sign up, so we can all get unparalyzed.

Terri, now that you have that nifty sit-down quilter I'll bet you get all those booms finished up and quilted. By the time you finish you'll be a pro on that machine.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:07 PM

I'm totally amazed! Have you made other things from the blocks like runners or placemats or are they all in a drawer? Not sure what I'm going to do yet for the turquoise and green.....I need 13 more blocks to put my quilt together so I either make them or wait until the next boom and send out more of the same fabric. Not sure yet but I don't know if I will be able to wait, have a hard time leaving something undone. Just a quirk or some OCD
Old 04-25-2017, 10:31 PM
Power Poster

I just got done quilting 6 blocks... half of the first throw quilt. So. Much. Fun. I usually use my 80/20 cotton-ish batting for QAYG, but I have so much poly batting that I bought for charity quilting... so I thought, 'why not try it'? It makes such a lightweight, fluffy quilt. So far, so good. The first six blocks look awesome! Your blocks have come alive!

I had 25 blocks and needed only 12 apiece for two lap quilts, so I'm putting one of my bonus blocks on the back. It looks great with the backing fabric. Can't wait to get this together and show you... at least one of the throws, for now.

I always have to refer to the tute for strip width... never can remember!