April - Boom 18

Old 01-21-2017, 04:26 PM

sewbiz - how did your swapping go?? keep us updated - would love to see what they come up with and maybe they will swap with us on Boom19!
This is what I was working on before leaving NY. It will be part of my center for this quilt. I really amazed myself!!

now let me tell you how wonderful it feels to be in capris with sandals. Eating our meals outside at the table. And today I played shuffleboard! Mom enjoying the social aspect of the park!
Attached Thumbnails center.png  
Old 01-21-2017, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
sewbiz - how did your swapping go?? keep us updated - would love to see what they come up with and maybe they will swap with us on Boom19!
This is what I was working on before leaving NY. It will be part of my center for this quilt. I really amazed myself!!

now let me tell you how wonderful it feels to be in capris with sandals. Eating our meals outside at the table. And today I played shuffleboard! Mom enjoying the social aspect of the park!
well, we're celebrating 60 degrees today! In Indiana!

Beautiful center for your quilt!
Old 01-21-2017, 06:07 PM

TG, you have outdone yourself. Wow! That is perfect! Can't wait to see this one finished.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:08 PM

We are enjoying the warm weather also. In fact I think this is the warmest it's ever been when we have bee here. Drinking lots of liquids but they are all frozen concoctions and when I tried to eat dinner my tummy said sorry no room. Not a good thing. Have met a lot of very nice Canadians. Older couple next door are Croatian. Very hard to understand.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:53 PM

TG, your center is going to be beautiful!

And as we're due for more rain tonight, and as its cooling down, I wish I were in a place warm enough to wear capris!
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post

Old 01-21-2017, 07:34 PM

Beautiful block TG. Do you give lessons?
Old 01-21-2017, 08:52 PM

Well, I thought I would get farther on my En Provence, but I have been too ill with the coughing crud to sew. Finally starting to feel a little better. Here is the top left corner of my En Provence.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566400[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sam_1683.jpg  
Old 01-21-2017, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

Love that center, TG! Wow.

Our swap went off without a hitch! I'm still educating these sweet ladies who have never done anything like this before. I hope they have a blast. If they want to do more, I will encourage them to join the board and the Boom swap next time. I came home and made the first 6 blocks today!

Speaking of that, does anyone know where I can find a drunkard's path template to print out? I need one that comes out at 3.5". Haven't been able to find anything online.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Power Poster

Nice EP so far, bibliostone. I like your color changes.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
does anyone know where I can find a drunkard's path template to print out? I need one that comes out at 3.5". Haven't been able to find anything online.
Never mind... Lo and behold I found one in one of my quilting books on the shelf. Old School...