April - Boom 18

Old 01-31-2017, 11:26 AM

Hello Ladies I'm baaaaaaack

Mr Bill and I had a lovely trip. while I don't "do" snow and cold we really did have a great time. I have my F8's in hand and will be headed down to my LQS this week I probably won't get much sewing done for a bit my youngest daughter and her bf will be here for 3 weeks this month. She has been in Norway since May and I've been missing her like crazy.

Do you guy's remember that I had asked to have any large pieces returned to me? Well please do not worry about it a very sweet elf sent me a yard of it and made me a an awesome block too.

All of my panic about having enough blocks is gone and some incredibly sweet person made my week when that package came in. Now to find my possible side swappers.

Thank you my sweet sweet friend

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567178[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails little-elf-.jpg  
Old 01-31-2017, 12:08 PM

Yeah Billi glad you had a great time on your vacation and your dd will be here for 3 weeks. Lucky you on your own special fairy Godmother
Old 01-31-2017, 01:53 PM

Billi, glad you had such a great vaca. I had a strong suspicion who your fabric fairy godmother was, but then I saw your block and KNOW who she it.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I got a couple of blocks done today.....All2pieces-crystal star [ATTACH=CONFIG]567128[/ATTACH]Hope you can use these ladies.
Thanks jaba! That's lovely. I like the purple you used, and the fussy cutting is wonderful.
Quilters, I'm working on the March group before I start with April fabrics, so don't think I've gone into hibernation or something. Life is just doing it's merry thing, as usual.
Cheers!
Old 01-31-2017, 01:59 PM

My arms are so sore today, it is like arm day at the gym all over again (when I used to have arm day at the gym) We had a pt yesterday w/ an arterial head bleed, the only thing stopping the bleeding (or slowing it) was direct FIRM pressure in an exact spot. So I spent the whole treat and transport time holding pressure on a slippery head.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
My arms are so sore today, it is like arm day at the gym all over again (when I used to have arm day at the gym) We had a pt yesterday w/ an arterial head bleed, the only thing stopping the bleeding (or slowing it) was direct FIRM pressure in an exact spot. So I spent the whole treat and transport time holding pressure on a slippery head.
A man in my Sunday School class is an ER nurse and he was just saying this time of year, when the barometric pressure drops, they get all kinds of head bleeds coming in... Guess it's true. Hope your person will be ok.

Billi, glad you had a good vacay and I will side swap with you! Just pm me your address.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:39 PM

All2pieces, I told you wrong on that fabric. It's Jenny Beyer for RJR, it's not really a purple, it's sort of plum I think. /anyway it matches.
Today's blocks.....marija- card trick and ljdugas- castles in spain[ATTACH=CONFIG]567199[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]567200[/ATTACH].
Billi glad you had a nice vacation and enjoy the visit with your daughter.
Attached Thumbnails dscf3363.jpg   dscf3364.jpg  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:40 PM

Well that might be true, however in this guys case I believe it had more to do w/ the door falling on his head then the barometer! lol lol lol Yes he will be fine, nothing a few stitches couldn't handle, especially since we kept him from losing to much blood before he got the stitches.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
A man in my Sunday School class is an ER nurse and he was just saying this time of year, when the barometric pressure drops, they get all kinds of head bleeds coming in... Guess it's true. Hope your person will be ok.

Billi, glad you had a good vacay and I will side swap with you! Just pm me your address.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:00 PM

my offering for the day
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567205[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ibex94.jpg  
Old 01-31-2017, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Lovely blocks, all of them! I always love a pretty card trick.