April - Boom 18

Old 02-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Bit is toothless, so no carrots, doubt he would eat them anyway. Grains are some of his biggest food allergies.

Bstone, I finished your cute circus animal block, hope you like it. I was trying to include that adorable giraffe face, but no way no how I could get all the cuts I needed w/ it included. Hopefully someone else will get to include the giraffe in their block. My knee jerk reaction w/ your fabric was for red, since I had a stripe fabric made up of small polka dots I thought would work really well w/ your fabric. I know you said to use other colors if you were inspired by something other than green, but am really glad I stuck w/ your green idea. Anyway here it is.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568159[/ATTACH]

Hope you ladies aren't getting tired of this block b/c I am seriously thinking about using it on several more fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0574.jpg  
Old 02-12-2017, 12:11 PM

Kass I love that block!!
Old 02-12-2017, 01:01 PM

I agree it's a great block and every block looks totally different
Old 02-12-2017, 01:39 PM

Your right terriamn, Kass it's great. Love all the faces in the circus print.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Beautiful flutterby block, Billi. The background fabric is so perfect for a fairy land!

I have finished all my March and April blocks, and now with these last 4 I have finished the 8 bonus blocks I was able to squeeze out of some of y'all's fabrics. So I'm at last totally DONE. I have enjoyed making each and every block for you and thank you for the trust to do so. Looking forward to getting my blocks back, making my quilts, and the next Boom swaps!

Split Star bonus block for Terri:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568134[/ATTACH]

Fairy Flowers bonus for Ibex:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568135[/ATTACH]

I 'borrowed' Terri's Big T block to make a bonus for Lstew2212:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568136[/ATTACH]

And the 4th one is in the March group... for Jaba.
Awesome extra's Sewbiz I really like teri's split star it's pretty perfect.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Bit is toothless, so no carrots, doubt he would eat them anyway. Grains are some of his biggest food allergies.

Bstone, I finished your cute circus animal block, hope you like it. I was trying to include that adorable giraffe face, but no way no how I could get all the cuts I needed w/ it included. Hopefully someone else will get to include the giraffe in their block. My knee jerk reaction w/ your fabric was for red, since I had a stripe fabric made up of small polka dots I thought would work really well w/ your fabric. I know you said to use other colors if you were inspired by something other than green, but am really glad I stuck w/ your green idea. Anyway here it is.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568159[/ATTACH]

Hope you ladies aren't getting tired of this block b/c I am seriously thinking about using it on several more fabrics.
Kass this is really wonderful your stripe skill is amazing. (I almost forgot the e in stripe and that looked a tad awkward ) hahahaha
Old 02-12-2017, 02:57 PM

I wonder if I should rat myself out? ok of course I will the background to Ibex's flutterby looks perfect for fairy's to hide in because it's cut from fabric with fairy's hiding in it hahahaha. if you look close there is a tip of a wing here or there.

I got one more done today and will probably be my last for another week or two,.

Francie while the fabrics are not exactly bright I swear they are not as grey as this picture shows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568172[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails francie-conbination-star.jpg  
Old 02-12-2017, 04:02 PM

More beautiful blocks! I've updated the gallery again so they should all be in there now except for Billi's for Francie. I'll add that tomorrow. Great piecing, boomers!
Old 02-12-2017, 04:43 PM

I have been thinking about Billi's fabric from the start and thought of adding a tea/coffee cup. And then I saw a pic on FB. It is a little bit busy but I couldn't resist. Hope you can use at least one of them! it felt so good to accomplish something!
Attached Thumbnails bilii.png   billi1.png  
Old 02-12-2017, 04:46 PM

travelinggramma -- precious! Cats and tea are a perfect combo! What's the name of the second pattern? I think that would work great with some stripes I'm thinking about for the BOOM.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:17 PM

TG great blocks, both are so fun