Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: April FQ (Fat Quarter) Swap

ok sikesjj you have little ones you remember what patience is all about but you see when your old and have this wonderous grey streak across your forehead like a skunk, kids are grown you can wear goofy crud anywhere you want to, be a nutbar anytime you want to (ok not ANY timebut most of the time) and best of all you can toss patience out the window. however that said it wont make things come faster so I guess, sigh..your right. be patient. (shoot ten times over).. didnt get to the post office today just clinic and massive 3 hour nap and truth be told ready for another one. instead popping over to pinterest to see what I can come up with. Oh and quilting and embroidery marry nicely together. just takes time and patience. lol guess what I am not doing???
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I got mine from tracibug!!! Love them. Thank you SO much!!!!!

Hey Brat, embroidery and quilting DO match and go together very well. Attached is a picture of one I did some time back. It is the Lavender and Lace Quilting Lady and I used some older patterns (churn dash, 9-patch, etc) to make the quilt around it. Started it many, many years ago and finished it in 2009 for a local challenge. Embroidery and quilting may go together, but it sure took me longer to finish than just a regular quilt. I'm doing another one, but I'm using my embroidery machine to do that work - it's in the process of finishing. Pictures later somewhere on the board.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Hey Brat, embroidery and quilting DO match and go together very well. Attached is a picture of one I did some time back. It is the Lavender and Lace Quilting Lady and I used some older patterns (churn dash, 9-patch, etc) to make the quilt around it. Started it many, many years ago and finished it in 2009 for a local challenge. Embroidery and quilting may go together, but it sure took me longer to finish than just a regular quilt. I'm doing another one, but I'm using my embroidery machine to do that work - it's in the process of finishing. Pictures later somewhere on the board.
    That is beautiful!!!! I love the colors too.

Power Poster
    Received my beautiful fat qtrs and kleenix holder from jaba. Thanks so much Jan, love them.
    Name:  Apr fat qtr 006 (Small).jpg
Views: 114
Size:  52.5 KB

Looky, looky

See what I got from Starshine? I found it in my mailbox today when I got in from my weekend camping trip. What a great end to a great weekend. Thanks Tricia.
    I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious.
    Albert Einstein

oooh those are all so pretty. I love the pink one from Jaba and the third one one in from Jvans pile. oops there I go shopping again! oh dear. I heard from my secret partner who was not home to mail due to family trouble and she is sending as soon as she can. I think it was very sweet of her to write me and let me know. I will be shopping with you guys for now

Vanogay that is GORGEOUS...I love it. I wish I could do hand embroidery like that but my eyes get so tired. two years ago I did a little halloween block pumpkins and mice by the light of the fire as the power had gone out and we needed the generator for the fridge.. I look at it now and think darn I couldnt do that by the light of the sun any longer. two years amazing. I love embroidery though growing up I had this adorable hallmark tin little forest critters in each season on each side. My mom had given it to me for my birthday .. filled with embroidery thread. I embroidered everything. 70's you could do a peacock on the back of your jean vest and well it was cool. I did rainbows all over lol and birds and flowers and well I was into it big time. We had to do our work so it looked as good on the back as it did on the front. no running threads. Now my own little girl wants me to sew buttons on her shorts .. embroidery? are you kidding me?? lol new generations I guess. one day I hope she asks before I really cant teach her much. thank goodness for you tube and grand books showing you all the fancy stitches.
    Linda

Here are the lovely and brightly fun batiks I got from Tracibug on Saturday!!! I LOVE THEM!!! Hubby said they all look alike...HA!

Name:  Tracibug Batik FQ Cropped.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  57.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Vanogay I love that! It is just beautiful.....love all the fabrics as well.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Received my goodies from Doppledri over the weekend. Going to one of the islands in June and using them for a summer tote bag.
    My Avatar "Kiya" by Deborah Grayson Studios (c)2008
    http://www.graysonstudios.com
    http://www.debbeedoesquilting.blogspot.com

My FQs going to the PostOffice tomorrow. They will be swinging from their state tree, Pecan tree and a Tulip tree, so be on the look out.
    My Avatar "Kiya" by Deborah Grayson Studios (c)2008
    http://www.graysonstudios.com
    http://www.debbeedoesquilting.blogspot.com

Thank you queen of 2802. Love the batiks. Great colors.

Is that cross stitch? That is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post

Everybodies FQ's are looking great. I am still dreaming of the projects I can make when my Batiks arrive.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

notice brat made no comments on her empty mail box.. nope not this brat. turning over a new leaf in life.. not making any noise about things not arriving.. nope not me. not now .. no how.. nope not sitting outside the mailbox waiting to hear a ping on the other side even when its raining outside and I am in a rain slicker oops I mean if I was to do that, which I wouldnt since I have turned over some darned friggen leaf.. yup I am patiently waiting no noise what so ever. pat me on the back why don't ya?

lovely batiks coming in as always.. this is a terrific swap I cant wait to figure out what next months swap will be... but nope patient will not even begin to hint to ask to wonder what might I need to stock up on now nope not me..
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
    Thank you queen of 2802. Love the batiks. Great colors.
    You are very welcome! I really liked them once I got them. I ordered them from a little shop on ebay. Wasn't sure how they were really going to look in person.

I got a package today. I will post tomorrow. Monday's are very long for me through the first of May. I work until 5. After that I am participating in a 6 week class from church. It is called Apples of Gold. We are learning how to be better Women of God. I am loving it. This week's class was called How to love our children. Very eye opening. I didn't think I would do the class because I am in my 40's, been married for 22 years, and my kids are almost grown. Well, I am eating my words.

Anyways, I am not in my corner today. Will be tomorrow. Since I worked 1/2 day on Sat, I work 1/2 day tomorrow.

MaryMo THANK YOU!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!! Batiks I love them !!!! Great color choice!!!!!!!

Brat I am empty handed also. On a bright note I got my Georgia travel guide for my anniversary trip in June, now I want to visit the whole state. Its been two years since we have took a trip without the little ones, I am excited!

I received these pretty batiks over the wknd. Unfortunately the sender didn't send their board name...so, I'm not sure who to thank. But, thank you whoever you might be I really like them and the little notebook/journal too
    Name:  image copy 2.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  106.6 KB

Glad you liked them... it kills me to part with batiks but somehow I managed!! Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    Here are the lovely and brightly fun batiks I got from Tracibug on Saturday!!! I LOVE THEM!!! Hubby said they all look alike...HA!

Name:  Tracibug Batik FQ Cropped.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  57.6 KB

Received gorgeous FQ's from Queen of 2802....LOVE THEM...very close to what sustraley posted above but I will post a picture in a little while...THANK YOU
    Brenda

I GOT SOME I GOT SOME!!! my mail box had fq's it had fq's nanaaanaana na na.. oh yeah. Jvan228 sent me not five but six fat quarters. Name:  fq swap batiks.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  667.8 KB

thank you for the fabric and also thank you for the sweet card. We are happy to have you playing!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    tlambing, don't you just love journals??? If I were to start collecting other than fabric, it would be journals.
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

As promised here are the pics of my fqs from Retired Fire Chief and Grandma Peg. Thank you ladies for very wonderful packages. It is amazing of the variety of all the fqs being swaped.

Jodi, glad your fqs got delivered ok. sounds like you had a nice weekend all around.;-)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast