Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: April FQ (Fat Quarter) Swap

um starshine that gorgeous leaf fabric in the top middle then the right blue fabric.. i need those. would you like my address?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Thank you Nancy W. Here are pictures of what I received.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
    Glad you liked them... it kills me to part with batiks but somehow I managed!! Enjoy!!
    Oh honey!!! I'm the SAME way!!! I petted them and hugged them and took a deep breath and put them in the envelope. Then had to remind myself they were going to someone who would love them like I did!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
    I received these pretty batiks over the wknd. Unfortunately the lender didn't send their board name...so, I'm not sure who to thank. But, thank you whoever you might be I really like them and the little notebook/journal too
    Attachment 408484
    That would be me. I always forget to enclose a note and have to write my board name on the front of the envelope! Glad you like them.

Andrea

I have become emotionally attached to ALOT of my fabric! Can't wait to get my batiks I have great plans for it!

Thank You!!

Thank You MaryMo and LovnGName:  batikfqs.jpeg
Views: 82
Size:  41.7 KBrandma for the wonderful FQs!! I can't decide between a new tote or a quilt for me

Can you believe I have never owned a Batik. I really have not known how to use them. I now own a pattern of Hawaiian applique's that I am thinking of using my FQ's, When they arrive.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Received my second FQ package and they're great but Ms. April J., you did not give your board name. Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Avatar "Kiya" by Deborah Grayson Studios (c)2008
    http://www.graysonstudios.com
    http://www.debbeedoesquilting.blogspot.com

Received my second set of batiks today Pretty pinks and purples from WMUteach...Thanks so much!
    Name:  photo copy 3.JPG
Size:  80.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sistahdebbra View Post
    Received my second FQ package and they're great but Ms. April J., you did not give your board name. Thank you
    because her board name is so long hahahah aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Hey Brat, embroidery and quilting DO match and go together very well. Attached is a picture of one I did some time back. It is the Lavender and Lace Quilting Lady and I used some older patterns (churn dash, 9-patch, etc) to make the quilt around it. Started it many, many years ago and finished it in 2009 for a local challenge. Embroidery and quilting may go together, but it sure took me longer to finish than just a regular quilt. I'm doing another one, but I'm using my embroidery machine to do that work - it's in the process of finishing. Pictures later somewhere on the board.
    What a beautiful quilt!!! If you ever get tired of it....well...
    I am still waiting on my batiks...and to hear if my swappee received the ones I sent...
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

wow lots of pretty posts! love all the variety from lights to brights all over the place in design. isnt this fun?

good idea for all these pretty fabrics! I have my first official table runner swap that i just posted. The theme is summer fun! what a good idea! so come on over sign up and you can start sewing with your new fabrics right away! (shameless plug sorry Brenda).
    Linda

Ahh Elisabrat I wish I could send the beautiful leaf fabric to you but unfortunately I love it too much to part with it.

Oh my, I missed this one. Someone will have to let me know when the new one starts!

absolutely LOVE everyone's batiks and the variety is AMAZING!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi all, got a great "gift" in the mail today...below is a pic of my lovely batiks from Sistahdebbra...Thanks D, I love them all!!
    Name:  001.JPG
Size:  206.4 KB
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Senior Member Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sistahdebbra View Post
    Oh I'm sorry its me... I think i am the only April....I'm so glad you liked them...

Senior Member Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    because her board name is so long hahahah aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt
    lolo Thanks Brenda lol

wow steal.. I want this one and that one.. hey it works on the voice why can't it work here? I would steal that end one that looks like stone and the other edge one with the vines on it and well hummingbirds sorry girl you have empty hands! happens sometimes..

waiting patiently for my second swapper. Hey wonder .. hum hum hum what next months theme might be so we can all start shopping right now? i am hoping to shop my bins crossing fingers and toes...
    Linda

Blog Entries
    April FQs exchangeName:  DSCF9214c.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  78.3 KB
    Last edited by maggy; 04-18-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: resize

Blog Entries
    I go to the mailbox daily, filled with anticipation of finding an envelope filled with beautiful fabrics! All that's ever in there is bills and junk mail I just keep telling myself "there's always tomorrow"!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I need to know who is still waiting on FQ's...also, please remember that it is part of the rules to send a thank you PM and to let me know via PM that you have received your package(s)
    Brenda

Kiffie2413, I love the hummingbird batik. I have never seen anything like that!

I am still waiting for one package. I wrote you and let you know I received a package from jvan so phew for once I did it right!!!
    I think everyone should be using their fabrics for runners for my summer swap! see they wont gather dust on your shelves a wondeful way to play with somethings so pretty and you know what a great idea! (another shameless plug I cant help myself) ..
    I will hope that the next swap is as grand as this one was. Way to go Brenda I loved watching ALL of these fabrics coming in.. oh so pretty and my mind goes to 100 things I could make with them.. it spurs the creative thought process like crazy. a braid, oh a braided runner... there was this simple like 8 5" squares by 14 5" square runner that was all batiks that I have decided I need too.. yup this is a GREAT swap.
    Linda

ps mine would be with 4" squares lol my table is sorta not very big. how about.. 4 squares by 8 squares. it only seats 4 real people or maybe 6 little people
    Linda

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast