Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-19-2012, 04:56 PM

OK here 's another late picture, I got my package on Monday but have been so busy altering prom dresses that I haven't had time to post a picture. Mine was from Karen....brwn_eyedgirl, Thank you so much Karen! for the fabric
and all the other goodies, check out the the hand made things isn't that tape measure with the cover the cutest thing !!
Attached Thumbnails 021.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Very nice GrammyJ. beautiful crocheting.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:46 PM

Hav~I think the cats have flushed the toothpaste because they DO NOT want their teeth brushed...just saying....
Old 04-19-2012, 05:48 PM

grammy~is the folded white piece a doily? It looks beautiful!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
LOL touche. what country song is that?

LOL! "Put Another Log On The Fire" By - Tompall Glaser
Old 04-19-2012, 06:58 PM

There sure have a lot of beautiful swap packages this month. Haven't got to be on here much. My son had shoulder surgery. He loved staying with Mom. He brought his 3 dogs and his girlfriend (who is about worthless). Thank goodness she was only here 5 nights out of 9. He loved staying here because he loves my cooking. I'm so tired of washing sheets, towels and dishes that I declared "Cooks night off" for the next week!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 PM

I received a wonderful package on Monday from Haveplenty, struggled so hard to post a picture. and then realized today that I posted it on the wrong thread! Can you believe it? At any rate, I am trying one more time, and if I am not successful, I'm not sure if my sanity will continue to hold. At any rate, thank you Haveplenty for the O Magazine, journal to use while uncluttering my life, pattern for appliance covers, pedometer, rooster fabrics, 2 other cute fabrics, raisinettes which are already gone, cute spring towel, awesome table scarf she made which had such cute little nested buttons, pencills, and sewing guides from JoAnns. I know I have forgotten some thing,but Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! Hopefully the pictures will show up now. Mary
Attached Thumbnails dscn0568.jpg   dscn0570.jpg  

Last edited by mmb195152; 04-19-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
LOL! "Put Another Log On The Fire" By - Tompall Glaser
lol i just went out to youtube to listen to this song. what a hoot.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 PM

WOOHOO... received my SP PKG. today all the way from ENGLAND.... First time For a pkg. from overseas... thank you soo much caroline.... SHE sent fat quarters in blues and rose colors,,, 2 very yummy milk chocolate candy bars, (FLAKE, her favorite and boyt were they good!!!0 I ate one and gave the second one to the hubby. A very cute kitty magnet, s British quilters magazine, which I can't wait to sit and snoop through with a cup of coffee, a huge 1200 spool of cream thread, and 2 very silky spools of lavendar ribbon for crafts or card making.... SO Pretty. YIPEE you made my day!! THANK YOU again.... I will try and get the pictures from last month and this month posted... haven't had time to sit and play on the computer much this month....Much to my surprose... everyting was color coordinated in the blues and lavendar colors I love!!! Even the cute little card she sent :-)

Last edited by Jan Rutherford; 04-19-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:03 AM
Power Poster

I just love ANYTHING anyone sends to me. If I receive something that is not to my liking or might "offend" me then I just discard it. If my SP made it for me then it is very special and I love crafts. Sometimes I make the same thing I have received using the gift as a pattern. I received a rug mug one month and I think I have probably made about 100 of them to use as gifts. Using the same pattern, I even made pot holder sets for all of my 18 gc. So it may look like what you sent but not actually be the one you made. However, at my age and taking into consideration I have been swapping almost 2 years, sometimes I forget if I bought something at a quilt show or shop, or if it was sent to me. If I ever do send something that someone made for me, I am sorry. I have never done it intentionally.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
regarding regifting, i truly believe that we need to accept that there are varying opinions on this and that everyone is entitled to their opinion and should not try to force that opinion on anyone else. besides, after we receive something it is ours to do with as we please and the giver should have no more say over that. that is my opinion and how i operate in my home.

for example i gave handmade potholders along with cookbooks to my family for christmas and i made my older brother's potholders and cookbook especially for him since he has eating restrictions. everyone raved over these gifts and loved them so. several months later my brother told me that he gave his potholders to his girlfriend who promptly hung them in her kitchen. mind you she was at our celebration so she got her own set. at first i expressed surprise that he would give away something that i made for him but he explained that he wouldnt use them (and did i really want them to sit unused) and he is at her home quite often. maybe that was some bonding moment between the two of them and i knew i should not intrude in it. he said he was enjoying immensly (sp?) the quilt i made for him 2 years earlier though and it wasnt going anywhere. i realized that i had no say over what he does with his things whether i made them or bought them. we are both adults and i know that i wouldnt allow him to tell me what to do with my things.

Last edited by twinkie; 04-20-2012 at 03:16 AM.