Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-22-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Thank you, no, Jill. Sounds like it is time for your to find an energetic young protege and delegate, delegate, delegate! Once my son finishes his restaurant and chef certification, you can send him!
sounds good! Wonder if he could put up with 20 local ladies and no men!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:17 PM

V.JILL try to have some relaxing fun and put your worries in gods hands, so your safe and protected. Hard to travel away from our critters.... Gotta have some fun if your gone that long!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
V.JILL try to have some relaxing fun and put your worries in gods hands, so your safe and protected. Hard to travel away from our critters.... Gotta have some fun if your gone that long!!!!
Thanks, Jan- I will take some time and just relax-it isn't all work, but we also loaded a container (partial, anyway) of stuff for the cafe which arrives while we are there, so that will take some time sorting out and putting away and really, we are only going this time because my sister requested us there - her brother-in-law and his family who live in the otherside of her duplex are leaving for a month, and she doesn't want to be there by herself without a man around. Last time he went away, there was a huge lightening storm which struck a coconut tree just outside the house and it blew out all the electrics and phones-for several days, so she really felt better knowing we were there. I thought by hiring a second manager (part-time), I would only have to go back once a year, but it looks like it will still require us to be there twice a year. Oh well, I just hope it isn't TOO hot and humid!! And, hope the mosquitos don't eat me alive!!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Banned

I am over whelmed by the size of the packages...I thought we had a $10 limit???
NO wonder some feel slighted. I can send a pattern and a FQ and it will cost over $10 now!(not the shipping the cost of the items). Maybe some need to reel it in a bit and stick closer to the allowed amount?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Banned

I am in for May!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Jacquie: Lori, you, nor anybody else can stop the generosity of some people. So long as you spend your $10, that's all you should worry about. If this generosity overwhelms you so much, why did you opt to stay in for May? Please don't ruin everyone's fun by complaining in here about the monetary limit, we all know the rules....take it up with Lori, and like I said, she can't stop the generosity either.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

I KNOW my boxes are always packed full, but I ONLY spend $10
everything else I put into the boxes comes from what I already have
on hand.
Such as fabrics (I have a TON of it), notions, and other little goodies.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
NO wonder some feel slighted. I can send a pattern and a FQ and it will cost over $10 now!(not the shipping the cost of the items). Maybe some need to reel it in a bit and stick closer to the allowed amount?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:48 PM

If it is things that is from our stash..or hand made it does not count.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
Old 04-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Swap Hosts

Jacquie: Yikes! I don't know where you shop or if you've forgotten to bring your coupons along, but an FQ and pattern for $10? If I spent top dollar, I could get that for $3! I'm not going to rehash this yet again, but you can really get quite a lot for $10 if you shop wisely. And don't forget, you can add from your stash. Most of us have very large stashes that are easily shared. As I near a milestone birthday in May, I have to wonder if I could ever possibly sew through everything I own. Do take a few moments to go back over the posts this month and you will see a lot of ways that you can get quite a bit for very little. Be creative! Add something homemade like most of us do.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=Quilty-Louise;5162311]I KNOW my boxes are always packed full, but I ONLY spend $10
everything else I put into the boxes comes from what I already have
on hand.

EXACTLY!