Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-22-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
If it is things that is from our stash..or hand made it does not count.
well to me everything counts whether it is from my "stash" or not. the things in my stash costs me as well but there are things i purchase specifically for this swap that i definately count. now that may be just how i do it.

hmmmm...... $10.00 for a fq & a pattern? that is a bit pricey. jacquie i would be willing to be compensated in fabric: fq's, scraps, yardage, etc. to do some swap shopping for you. i will be sure to maximize your $10.00 limit per swapper for you. just know that some things it may be easier to buy in bulk and spread over a couple of swaps (like estate sales buys).

let's see: hancock's have their remnants at $2/yd (that's 4 fq's there), i didnt know patterns cost more than $.99 because that is the only time i buy them, there's a gal on eby that sells quilt patterns for $2.00 or less, i can get novels from my library at $.50 or $.25 each and who knows what i will find at an estate sale(notions, fabric, thread, mags). there's also tuesday morning with plenty of things @ $.99, walmart, big lots, cracker barrel (they have a wonderful store section with all kinds of goodies). i know some folks dont have much time to shop but i will personal shop for you all for the cost of fabric. just lemme know.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:40 AM

This month I had to do this all by my self and I will NEVER do that AGAIN!! I made alot of mistakes and gave people to the the wrong swappers from what I had input into the computer and gave some names out more then I should have. So any delays are MY fault, not the fault of uncaring secet pals!!! Everything is back under control now and packages are flying all over! This month I will have help doing it like I always have had before. So Very Sorry for the delays, everyone who is still on the bench. Lori
Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 AM

FIRST......our walmart is getting fabric and notions again....WHOOPIE....

SECOND....can anyone tell me what they are paying for postage to international secret pals. I would love to do one but paying $10/11 for a box is enough for me. Anyone know????
Old 04-23-2012, 04:54 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
FIRST......our walmart is getting fabric and notions again....WHOOPIE....

SECOND....can anyone tell me what they are paying for postage to international secret pals. I would love to do one but paying $10/11 for a box is enough for me. Anyone know????
Flat rate padded envelope to Canada is $14.95, to Europe and beyond is $16.95
Old 04-23-2012, 04:56 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
This month I had to do this all by my self and I will NEVER do that AGAIN!! I made alot of mistakes and gave people to the the wrong swappers from what I had input into the computer and gave some names out more then I should have. So any delays are MY fault, not the fault of uncaring secet pals!!! Everything is back under control now and packages are flying all over! This month I will have help doing it like I always have had before. So Very Sorry for the delays, everyone who is still on the bench. Lori
Lori, we all appreciate everything you do. This is a complicated swap and after doing the easy peasy Doll Quilt swap for a couple of months, I have to say I don't know how you do it. So if there is a mix up every now and then, so be it. Any Crankensteins can try doing it themselves!

And everyone, don't forget to leave positive feedback for Lori, too!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
well to me everything counts whether it is from my "stash" or not. the things in my stash costs me as well but there are things i purchase specifically for this swap that i definately count. now that may be just how i do it.

hmmmm...... $10.00 for a fq & a pattern? that is a bit pricey. jacquie i would be willing to be compensated in fabric: fq's, scraps, yardage, etc. to do some swap shopping for you. i will be sure to maximize your $10.00 limit per swapper for you. just know that some things it may be easier to buy in bulk and spread over a couple of swaps (like estate sales buys).

let's see: hancock's have their remnants at $2/yd (that's 4 fq's there), i didnt know patterns cost more than $.99 because that is the only time i buy them, there's a gal on eby that sells quilt patterns for $2.00 or less, i can get novels from my library at $.50 or $.25 each and who knows what i will find at an estate sale(notions, fabric, thread, mags). there's also tuesday morning with plenty of things @ $.99, walmart, big lots, cracker barrel (they have a wonderful store section with all kinds of goodies). i know some folks dont have much time to shop but i will personal shop for you all for the cost of fabric. just lemme know.
Mary, you shop like I do! I won't even touch a pattern until they've gone on sale for .99! And you all should see what I got at garage sale this past weekend, fabric wise! All cotton too, from a fellow quilter. So I really don't spend over $10 either if you look at it that way, it just looks like I do. Now, I am guilty of spending more when, and only when, it's something someone has requested as their most wanted thing. If nothing else, I make damn sure they get their most wanted item. In fact, I always get that 1st, even if I have to order it, and then fill in the rest. So yes, it IS very possible to stay within the $10 limit.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:41 AM

Lori-

No worries. We all know how complicated this can be. I am very grateful that you host this swap. You do a great job
Old 04-23-2012, 06:17 AM

Okay ladies.....I am trying to make one of those cute Tissue holders that were in this months Quilts and more magazine..and am I not understanding the directions...anyone have a better explaination...I get stuck on the split part..where you fold it
Old 04-23-2012, 06:38 AM

Okay ladies.....I am trying to make one of those cute Tissue holders that were in this months Quilts and more magazine..and am I not understanding the directions...anyone have a better explaination...I get stuck on the split part..where you fold it
Try this one, it's easier and it's the one I use:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...r-t107636.html

Last edited by mscupid804; 04-23-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:43 AM

OK, never mind, I didn't realize you were wanting to make the one in the mag., I thought you just wanted a tissue cover period. My bad! Carry on.......