Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 AM

Patterns here are $15+ BUT, like we all said, we wait until they go on sale for .99 CENTS! What part of that is HARD to understand?! And the rest of the stuff is from our own stash and extra stuff we buy just to stock up on. And we shop for the SALES. I think certain people might feel slighted because they haven't received such a generous box themselves, if so, we wouldn't be seeing them complaining! I'm sure I can speak for the majority here when I say, if at any time you feel slighted or uncomfortable in this swap.....leave! This is suppose to be a fun swap and if the complaints continue over trivial stuff, we won't be able to have it anymore!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
So I took the challenge and had to ask for some help..but this is what mine look like....
OK, I remember these and they are cute!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by mooretll View Post
Very cute segalsal ! I asm still on the bench also.
Off topic: today makes 1 yr that my Mom passed I miss her terribly does it ever get any easier? sorry ladies just feeling kind of bumed. Thanks for letting me share.

yes it does get easier believe me. i think less now of my mom or dad's date of passing as i remember and celebrate their birthdays. both of my parents passed around a holiday (different times) but i dont get bummed even around those holidays anymore.

i just have fond memories of both of them and feel blessed that i had them both into my adulthood and that they had an opportunity to see me become the woman they tried so hard to raise me to be.

(((((((HUGS))))))) to you today!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:08 AM

Mooretil,

I lost my mom in 1996, I know how you feel. It does some what get easier there are things that still trigger memories of her and there are times I will cry at the drop of a hat....You need to remember the happy times and remember what she was like...when I am feeling down about my mom and missing her I make one of the dishes she made me a kid for dinner...and it makes me feel better. HUGS to you....

Susan

Originally Posted by mooretll View Post
Very cute segalsal ! I asm still on the bench also.
Off topic: today makes 1 yr that my Mom passed I miss her terribly does it ever get any easier? sorry ladies just feeling kind of bumed. Thanks for letting me share.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 AM

Thanks, I know it will
Old 04-23-2012, 09:25 AM

okay so most of you know from my previous posts that i have in my future 1,000's (times squared quadruple times; huh??? gazillion maybe) of 1.5" fabric squares for 2 quilts i am making. an obsession really. so to share my love of 1.5" fabric squares with my may sp swap partner i made them a commemorative gift. and i really hope whoever gets these will enjoy them in the spirit i made them..... to share in the love of my new obsession.

p.s. ooohh maybe i should post this in may swap thread.

ta-dah postage stamp potholders!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329964[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ps-potholders.jpg  

Last edited by Havplenty; 04-23-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
okay so most of you know from my previous posts that i have in my future 1,000's (times squared quadruple times; huh??? gazillion maybe) of 1.5" fabric squares for 2 quilts i am making. an obsession really. so to share my love of 1.5" fabric squares with my may sp swap partner i made them a commemorative gift. and i really hope whoever gets these will enjoy them in the spirit i made them..... to share in the love of my new obsession.

p.s. ooohh maybe i should post this in may swap thread.

ta-dah postage stamp potholders!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329964[/ATTACH]
They're beautiful and I would LOVE them Mary!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 AM

segasal~love the tissue shirts!
nikki-beautiful table runner you received and
hav~the ps potholders are awesome!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Swap Hosts

Debby, It gets easier and it doesn't. My mom passed about 15 years ago and while there isn't that constant sense of loss -- I don't think anything can make you feel lonelier than the loss of your mother -- there are still those times when something is going on in life and I just wish that I could pick up the phone and talk to her. She still comes to me in my dreams every now and again and that will have to do until I see her again. In the meanwhile ... here are some hugs to warm you on this anniversary.

Havplenty - I hope I get YOU for an SP. Those are fantastic!

On another note, it is a cold and dreary day today so I'm not outside playing in my garden. I really should be sewing and shipping veils today ... but I am having way too much fun with my Accuquilt Go! At this rate, I think I will end up slicing and dicing my way through my entire stash!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:33 AM

You can't have them Teresa....they are mine