Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

Darn, that cute little bag doesn't have purple (my favorite color), so guess it isn't for me. But then, Buslady, I could learn to like the other colors...
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    If you ever get my name you can sure send me a black and white one too. Very nice....
    Aw, Jaba. I did have you but since I have three cats and you are extremely allergic, I asked Lori to switch. I DID NOT want you breaking out in hives from something I sent you. So sorry...

Buslady -- gorgous bag. Those colours really pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Springfield isn't too far, Queen. I'll be over later to share your candy with you and borrow that apron pattern!!!
    Come on over. Still home today. Headache and cough that keep me home.

sweet bag, buslady!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I received the nicest package of goodies from catpawski. 30's fabric, a book on piping, emery boards, a pretty notpad, an extra big butterfly paperclip, some Thread Heaven wax and lots more.

Thank you sew much. I will certainly enjoy the terrific goodies.

Jane
    Jane

I so hope I am your SP. I love it and green and pink are my favorites. Oh please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Had a nice weekend, one of those days that you just feel creative. I was trying to think of something to make for my SP and read her letter, again. Then it hit me, and this is what I did. Hope you like it, whomever you are. OH, one of the colors in here is one of your favorites.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

I received my package today from Knitette. Thank you very much. I will post picture tomorrow. I am so excited that I received something from Scotland. My ancestors were from Scotland. I love everything and I already ate the candy. It was good too! Yummy.

I mailed my package today and it is to someone who is very far away-on the east coast of the U.S.

Gaijin

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    I mailed my package today and it is to someone who is very far away-on the east coast of the U.S.

Gaijin
    Could this be me?

It could be- I'm originally from New York and it is east of the state of New York!

Gaijin

Good morning all. Can't believe most sp's have received their pkgs and thats wonderful. Started working on my SP's gift last night after work and so far its looking good. I figured if I spend at least 1-2 hrs sewing it then I should be done by Friday or Sat. and it'll be in the mail by Monday! At work right now and definitely did not want to come in today Everyone have a great day!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry too Belfrybat, it usually has not been a problem because everyone has been very careful about the cat hair. If I know that my sender has cats then my hubby usually goes through the package first and makes sure it's okay (no hair ) I have only received 1 package that was sent with lots of cat hair attached, but that was a big problem. Literally ran for the RX and skin lotion but it was my own fault also because I opened it. Most ladies I'm sure make it a point to check what they're sending. On another note I received an item from one of my SP's yesterday that she had ordered online. I asked for a bobbin case that would hold the bigger Juki 98 bobbins and she had it sent. I quilt the table runners, mats,etc. on this machine and they are just rolling around in the drawer. So happy to get this, maybe I can keep them organized now. Will show a pic when I know who it is that sent it.

Here is the picture of what I received from Knitette. Thank you again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    I received my package today from Knitette. Thank you very much. I will post picture tomorrow. I am so excited that I received something from Scotland. My ancestors were from Scotland. I love everything and I already ate the candy. It was good too! Yummy.
    I'm so pleased the toffee didn't melt. I don't often send sweets as a lot of states are too hot. Not a problem we have here, even in summer, lol.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    Here is the picture of what I received from Knitette. Thank you again.
    What is the compact thingy? I can't figure out the right half that looks black in the picture....Beautiful fabric.Mary
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    What is the compact thingy? I can't figure out the right half that looks black in the picture....Beautiful fabric.Mary
    It's a pop-up hairbrush - the pic should explain all, lol. The flag is 'The Saltire' which the Scottish flag (St. Andrew's Cross).
    Name:  IMG_0583.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  509.7 KB
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    OOOOOOOOO! I love that dragonfly fabric!! My bag is actually a Nook/Kindle/Tablet cover. Another hint. My pal has one of the aformentioned items. LOL Mailed last night. Also received a pkg last night, am waiting for screen name, and have to take a picture, so tomorrow I will post a picture. You know who you are, so thank you!! Formal will take place tomorrow.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Boy, do I miss all of you! I have been gone for 2 month and it feels like years. My sweet husband is finally going home today after 30 days in the hospital! He has been cleared to eat clear liquids, but will still go home with a feeding tube. The stomach drain will be blocked off and his pic line removed. He has lost so much weight and muscle mass. It will take weeks for him to build up the strength to go back to work. Hopefully, we will find a new normal around our house. We have the new baby, her parents, our younger daughter and the two of us! One thing I know I want to do is sit at my machine and sew. I haven't done that for a month and I miss it. I brought some hexies to work on, which was great. But I miss hearing the hum of my sweet little machine.
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

gzuslivz, I'm so glad your husband is coming home! I'm sure your family is happy and he will too upon having time with his new grandbaby! when you have a moment give your sewing machine some lovin'!

So pleased yor husband is on the mend gzuslivz

buslady - I like your new avatar. Is that a cardinal? (we don't get them here).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    OOOOOOOOO! I love that dragonfly fabric!! My bag is actually a Nook/Kindle/Tablet cover. Another hint. My pal has one of the aformentioned items. LOL Mailed last night. Also received a pkg last night, am waiting for screen name, and have to take a picture, so tomorrow I will post a picture. You know who you are, so thank you!! Formal will take place tomorrow.
    Very cool. I think we should add that to our info now. If we have an E-reader and what kind
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
    Yes! Thank you! I finally made it home from work and found it. Love love love everything! Will post a picture tomorrow.
    I'm still cheering here, where's that pic? LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
    I'm still cheering here, where's that pic? LOL
    I didn't get home from my meeting last night until late, and had to leave the house at 6:30 to go to work (boss is out today, so I can take a quick computer break). I'll get it photographed tonight, promise!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
    I didn't get home from my meeting last night until late, and had to leave the house at 6:30 to go to work (boss is out today, so I can take a quick computer break). I'll get it photographed tonight, promise!
    I should have sent you more chocolate, you work too hard. luv yas

I just messaged Lori to let her know i mailed my sp package today. It is going south west of me !
    Happy Sewing

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast