Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

Blog Entries
    Amen, Lori, good luck with the surgery. I'm glad you do so much for us considering every thing else you are having to handle.

Great packages all and I am so glad that I could put a smile on Quiltdragon's face. Watch out for those tornadoes, dang!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Mailed out my package today to my sp who is southwest of me. She should get it Saturday or Monday.

I was in a local quilt shop this afternoon and was talking to a very nice lady. She said she was shopping for things for her secret pal. So.....curious that I am....I asked her if she was on the Quiltboard and she said yes.
    This is the first time I have met someone in person that I am familiar with from the board. It is dconroy84....Donna......and we shop some of the same stores. How neat is that to go shopping and meet just out of the blue!
    Hi Donna!
    Last edited by skaduzy; 04-11-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

I sent out my package today. Expected delivery is Monday....so, SP be on the lookout!

There are some awesome packages coming in. And I will keep all those in need of prayers for healing and strength in my prayers at night. Despite everyone's medical difficulties, everyone on here is so nice and cheerful. You all are a strong and wonderful bunch of ladies!!

Blog Entries
    Love the packages coming in...I agree with you, Sibi! Prayers are sent up for all! We are women! We are strong!!!! skaduzy how neat to meet someone from our board!!!! I keep hoping I will do the same!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Sent out my package today, close to me so you should get it on Saturday.. Hugs
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

A tease for a special SP...Name:  totebag.jpeg
Views: 194
Size:  148.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
    That is awesome!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

nice packages everyone! nice that two of you got to meet unexpectedly! tracibug what a cool bag!!
    Brenda

I received a wonderful pkg from Vanogay. Hopefully the pics will post. She also sent two pkgs of peanut turtles, but ate while DD, a friend and I were sewing. YUM! Thanks Vanogay you did a great job!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Ooo grilling magazine. lol, that looks nummy too!

Tracibug: Love that bag too, great skull fabric
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Oh my goodness that is stunning, I so want....
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful packages are showing up all over, mine will be going out soon, am trying to find time to make something homemade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    Wonderful packages are showing up all over, mine will be going out soon, am trying to find time to make something homemade.
    I think you've got enough going on just now without anything hand made....... Put your feet and have a rest girl!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries

Hi Sue,
    I like you was very surprised to meet someone from the SP Swap. It was so much fun talking to and looking at the material and all the patterns in the new show. Later in the afternoon I went to Mara's to look for more stuff needless to say she and Al were surprised to see me so soon (just there the day before) and I told her about meeting you at the Quilted Thimble. Then while standing there talking to her she was wrapping up some more fabric packets for the shop hop and she used my finger to hold the ribbons while she was tying them. I also learned there is a free book that goes with the fabric bundles if you go to all the shops so I may just try and get the rest next week. Maybe we can meet somewhere for a coffee or tea sometime.

Donna C.
    dconroy84

Great pkgs everyone! Hope to get something homemade done this am and get my sp her pkg in the mail today. (Fingers crossed!) Continued prayers for all on the board and Lori take care of yourself, hope everything works out for you. Hope all are safe from the wild weather. We just had strong thunder storms. DH is away on business and he said they had terrible storms also. You are right so neat to meet someone from the board. Need to get sewing, everyone have a wonderful day!

Blog Entries
    It amazes me how many people I have met that are on the board. Our quilt retreats first year (this will be the third) a couple of us were talking and we took a show of hands. About half of the people there were on the board. Some were people from church or that I went to school with, but didn't know they were on the board. Oh, and the ones that weren't on the board were then encouraged to do so.

Lori, good luck with your surgery. I want it soooooo bad, but my insurance won't cover it. I've been through the classes twice thinking it was gonna happen just to be let down by, proboly, some skinny little wench, at the insurance place. LOL Just kidding with that last one!! I am woman! Hear me roar! I will loose this extra baggage attached to my mid-section.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    I don't know for sure if it will happen or not, but when I found out that medicare pays for it through this office I decided to try for it!

My SP's package was delivered yesterday. I hope she got it, I sent it UPS and the tracking says in the reference line "met customer man". Have no idea what that means...
    Sharyl

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    One of my partners got hers, LaQuita, haven't heard from the other yet. Still waiting on mine, except I did get a bobbin box but don't know who from yet. Maybe tomorrow.

SP goodie...Name:  purple tote.jpeg
Views: 106
Size:  141.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Went to see Gail today and she is doing well, has hopes of getting out of rehab on Monday and having the rehab at home starting next week... She got her SP package while I was there, her husband brought it from home, she asked that I thank Rebecca Mc Creary ( rmccreary) for the package.. Am sure she will thank you when she gets home she just wanted you to know she received it...

Have a nice evening everyone.. MY SP you hopefully will have your package tomorrow... ... :-)
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

SP goodie...Name:  purple tote.jpeg
Views: 106
Size:  141.5 KB
    I love this fabric!!!!! Purple is my favorite color and I love the hobo or sling style bags. It's beautiful.Mary
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    Went to see Gail today and she is doing well, has hopes of getting out of rehab on Monday and having the rehab at home starting next week... She got her SP package while I was there, her husband brought it from home, she asked that I thank Rebecca Mc Creary ( rmccreary) for the package.. Am sure she will thank you when she gets home she just wanted you to know she received it...

Have a nice evening everyone.. MY SP you hopefully will have your package tomorrow... ... :-)
    Thanks for the update sis.hugs to ya lil sis
    Mary

Blog Entries

Frist package from Sdwill

Sharyl sent this Wonderful package thankyou again!!!

You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Blog Entries

Second package from LindaR

Another truly wonderful package of goodies. Love everything thankyou so very much!!!! Down in bottom corner is a gift card!!!!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast