Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Bench is starting to get hard on my well-padded backside (so you know I've been here awhile). Chicken's gone, cookies gone, wine gone ... at least someone bring some cushions with you. And some chocolate.

Let me backtrack a bit and show you what my SP Lori sent me for the March Swap but was late due to all kinds of illness on her part (which I'm very sorry she had to endure). I told her to let it go this time and just relax and take care of herself, but she insisted on sending anyway. Her spirit and determination has made me appreciate everything that much more. Thank you, Lori.

Everything in that box has been put to use already (especially the chocolate). The books are a good read and I will pass them on when I'm done. Her handmade item - a sewing machine organizer - was put to use in a slightly different manner...I have a small dog, AKA "Shredder" who can't seem to stay away from anything in his line of vision. He was constantly taking off with my notions from a little wheeled cart I keep by my machine. The organizer is now doing double duty as a quick-grab notions holder and security drape. Result: This battle won, dog has been foiled!

BTW - Little bear has been delivered to new baby -- thnx for thinking of her!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I might have one in VCR, can't remember. I would like that collection and one of Elvis old movies. My DH has some three stooges. I never did get them. Kids will talk about some movie and I'll say "haven't seen it", they are all in disbelief. I am very fussy about what I like, "chic flic" and stuff like that. No blood and gore and if it is soooooo off the wall impossible to be true, I don't want to watch it. SiFi, that is. Used to like Ray Bradbury, still haven't watched the Star Wars or the Ape movies. Just ddidn't see the point.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I'll take the cute little white doggie. What breed is it. I've been wanting a little dog like that. Please send him or her, ASAP! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Kathy you outdid yourself on my package. Went to the PO today and got an order from Connecting Threads, Nancy's Notions, b-day present from my son and yours. Everything in it is perfect. Love the mixer cover and table runner to match, matches my kitchen to a tee! Where did you find the runner pattern, like it alot? Another book in the series I'm reading and I can have a vodka tonic, wear my fancy new necklace you made, put all my stuff in a beautiful new purse and go on my trip. I am taking it with me. Then decide what to make with all the batiks, take my bobbins that you already sent me a case for, new thread, boy am I set. I can't thank you enough, I love it allAttachment 409572Attachment 409573Attachment 409574Attachment 409575Attachment 409576
    Oh I love all of it. When your done with your Pinned for Murder send it my way, don't have that one yet. lol
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Wonderful packages coming in. I cannot wait to start my package for May. I already got the box from the Post Office
    Happy Sewing

Quote Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
    I'll take the cute little white doggie. What breed is it. I've been wanting a little dog like that. Please send him or her, ASAP! lol
    ------------------------------------
    I'm not sure what he is -- I "rescued" him from his previous rescuer. Don't know his origins other than he sorely lacked training and discipline (good thing he's cute or he'd be on the streets). I think he may be "Multi-poo" with maybe a little Bichon thrown in ????? His haircuts cost twice mine and requires them just about as often. He doesn't shed -- a good thing. If you are looking for a good small companion pet, look for a Shih-Tzu. They are calm, relatively quiet, don't shed, and were originally bred for the sole purpose of being a companion. I'm sure you can find one at your local shelter -- that's where I got my last one.

SP #2- You entered: 9405503699300399229371

Your Item's StatusYour item is out for delivery in DALLAS, TX 75208.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Wow, I received an awesome April Swap package from tracibug. It's taken me a while to post a proper thank you as I only returned home from a trip to Oregon last evening. tracibug sent some lovely things....a homemade bag, a very creative thimble necklace, some lovely fabrics in all my favorite colors, some patterns for some quilted wall hangings, tip/instruction sheets from Hobby Lobby & Jo-Ann's (we don't have either store here in Hawaii), threads, needles and bobbins. Just look at the things she sent!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I'm already thinking about the May swap. I am already making plans for my pal and can't wait to see who I get. I really like the quilters in this swap.

It will be a busy month for me. Granddaughter graduation, exam for cataract surgery. I am not so sure about the cataract surgery. I see 20 20 with glasses, but, I am home bound at night especially if it is raining. I am scared to drive. There is so much glare, I'm not sure where the lines are on the road. I just cannot see with the glare from the headlights. It gives me headachs too.

Quote Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
    I'm already thinking about the May swap. I am already making plans for my pal and can't wait to see who I get. I really like the quilters in this swap.

It will be a busy month for me. Granddaughter graduation, exam for cataract surgery. I am not so sure about the cataract surgery. I see 20 20 with glasses, but, I am home bound at night especially if it is raining. I am scared to drive. There is so much glare, I'm not sure where the lines are on the road. I just cannot see with the glare from the headlights. It gives me headachs too.
    Hi fayzer, I had my cataracts removed last May and it made so much difference. I still wear glasses for close up but don't need them at all for distance or driving. No glare, no problems reading signs. No prescription sunglasses so I can just buy from anywhere. Only downside is the drops you have to use for the first few weeks.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Skaduzy. You made me feel better. My husband has had it done but he is like talking to the scarecrow out in the field. I don't get much information out of him. He is more interested in watching TV. It would be nice to be able to see at a distance without glasses. I do dread the drop routine. I had to do his drops for him but if he did them for me, the drops would be everywhere BUT in my eyes. Been there, done that!

Is hoping my SP is home to get her gift. I think waiting for them to get the gift is so fun. I am sitting on the bench just to enjoy the company.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Fayzer, I had mine done in Feb last year I was exactly like you, stuck at home after dark. Afraid to try to drive. I found out that I was legally blind in my right eye and the other one was close behind it! Now I am typing with no glasses and only have to put them on to see far away. I can sew and read and keep up with the thread with no glasses. I am so happy and you will be too.

You entered: 9405503699300399229371

Your Item's StatusYour item was delivered at 1:49 pm on April 24, 2013 in DALLAS, TX 75208.

Woo hoo!

Still haven't heard from my pal but I know she received last Thursday. Hope everything is okay with her. We are leaving for Ohio at 0dark thirty in the morning, can't wait, going to see DS(he's graduating) DIL, and DGD 6, DGS 6 mths! So excited!
    So SP if you do respond and I don't we won't be home until next Thurs. Can't wait until May sign ups!
    Good luck with the Surgery Faye!

Blog Entries
    May Secret Pal Swap Signup is posted, here is a link:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t219913.html

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Good luck with the Surgery Faye![/QUOTE]

Thanks Darlene. Not scheduled yet. Got to meet with surgeon first.

I am so excited I am off the bench. It was a great end to a very rough day today. I am tickled pink. I will post pictures of what I received in a bit if I dont fall asleep on the computer. My day was a bit longer and crazier than normal today.

hav4boys........thank you so much for being my SP. I love everything you sent me.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Here are the pictures of my package I rec'd today.
    Name:  DSCF3045.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  DSCF3046.JPG
Size:  91.6 KB
    Name:  DSCF3047.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  90.7 KB

Again, thank you hav4boys.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    I am so excited I am off the bench.
    oh how I wish I was off the bench too, my behind is really really sore. Oh where Oh where can my package be? Oh where Oh where can it be.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

I have that same pattern, in hopes that some day my fom will look like that photo!

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    Here are the pictures of my package I rec'd today.
    Name:  DSCF3045.JPG
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  DSCF3046.JPG
Size:  91.6 KB
    Name:  DSCF3047.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  90.7 KB

Again, thank you hav4boys.

Blog Entries
    I love seeing pictures of everyone's swap gifts. I wish all swappers posted photos.

fayzer I too wish everyone would post photos of what they get. I love looking at everything.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Verna -- you are not alone; I'm here beside you (again). Anyone else with us?

Fayzer - cataract procedure is a piece of cake. The gurney barely stops in the OR and then you're done. Absolutely no discomfort at all. You get used to the drops after the first few days. Make sure you bring dark glasses for going home because you will feel just like a vampire in the sunlite -- so brite!!! You will be a bit sun sensitive afterwards so splurge for a "good" pair of shades. And don't be discouraged the first few days after -- it takes several months to really heal. But when you do you will wonder how you ever managed before.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast