Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST >

April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

Old 04-03-2013, 08:15 PM

Thanks so much for all the hugs, prayers, and thoughts. Dad saw the surgeon today, and they have decided to try and shrink with chemo first as the tumor is big and it would be hard to get clear margins. He sees the oncologist next week (Monday) so should start chemo as soon as Monday afternoon.

In good news, Mom saw her oncologist yesterday and gets to go to yearly visits instead of every 6 months.

I'm off tomorrow so i'm going to sew something for my SP, who likes asian fabric.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Power Poster

Quilting dragon, thoughts and prayers for tour dad!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:58 PM

Quiltingdragon, sorry about your father. I will keep him and your family in my prayers!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 PM

Clues for my SP:

She has cats.....not saying how many
Her zip adds up to 32

Thats it for now
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
And here I was trying to identify the tartan itself!!!
You know we're not short of a tartan or two, lol. That's made with 'Royal Stewart' which is the one you see the most and is the official tartan of the Queen (and can be worn by any of her 'subjects' ).

Normally you'd wear the tartan of your clan, but in the unlikely event you couldn't affiliate with a clan (mother, mother's mother etc.) you could wear this. I'm not even touching on tartan variants - Dress, Ancient, Hunting etc......
Old 04-04-2013, 12:27 AM

My partner lives on the opposite side of the country from me.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:27 AM

Good morning all.
Quilting Dragon prayers sent your way for your father and great news for your mom.
Lori, you have been through so much lately and handling these swaps. I commend you for your strength. Get as much rest as possible. For all those who have bdays this month HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My SP does post here won't say how many times and she has a dog. That's all for now. Will be sewing for her tomorrow since I took the day off needing much rest lately my MS is kicking my butt
Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
the count of the numbers of letters is for real names.So very sorry about your father quiltdragon. Someone please keep us updated about sweetwaterquilter, none of those choices sounded very good to me, maybe that is because I can hardly walk right now, knees hurt so much and are swollen and hot feeling to the touch. Going to the Dr tomorrow, heck they should take me out back and shoot me and put me out of my misery! Just kidding but they hurt like $%#@!
Gail ( Sweetwater) has been moved to a rehab facility as of yesterday afternoon and does not like it... She wasn't able to go to the one she liked as she didn't have surgery... She is able to sit in a chair as of Tuesday, ( therapy finally got in there and did something) would have reported sooner but not much happening... and my Son is here for 2 weeks from Michigan and it's been busy around here... Settled now, the only problem is her cell phone doesn't work in there and not sure she has a reg. room phone... Her daughter called me this AM and will definitely see what is going on when she sees her mom later... I can converse with her through Words with Friends so found out last night about her dislike of the place... Will do better in keeping you updated, sorry Lori...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:21 AM

WOW, seems like there is a lot of health issues with members this month. My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every one of you. Lori, take care of YOU! I think I missed something, not sure what Sweetwater is going through, but it don't sound good. How about some GOOD news mixed in. My DGS goes down to Ann Arbor on the 19th for a battery of tests and if all is well, and it will be, he will be declared cancer free!!! I am going with them, and we are celebrating big time! I'm thinking the hospital will do something special for him, they have every miilestone to date. Whilms Tumor, stage 4, 6 then, 11 now. I am one happy granny!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
Here I was wondering why I wasn't getting updates.

NOTE TO SELF: ...sign up for the subscription. Ahem.

Lemme think of what clue I can give to my SP.

Yes, I got your name!! Can you guess who you are yet?
I's me huh???!!! I knew it ! Mary