Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST >

April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

Old 04-10-2013, 08:33 PM

Belfry the bags you made are adorable
Buslady I love the e readeer cover and since I have an e reader and pink is one of my favorite colors, it could be coming to me!!
Nice packages so far everyone!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Glad tht some of your spouses are getting better and I thnk we need a group prayer for the tired caregivers as well as the person in need. I am sorry that i wasn't here to answer private messages in timely manner, but had another Dr appt and this one I had to drive 1 and 1/2 hrs to get to. I have to have a scope down my throat to check things out and then I have to have a psychological exam which will last 3 hours. All of this to find out if I am able to have bariatric surgery. I am tired of my stomach being the first thing that enters a room!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:32 AM

Oh my Lori I am definitely keeping you in my prayers tonight! And you are correct, we also need to think and pray for the caregivers. I cannot imagine how tired one can be taking care of their loved ones and not taking care of themselves. So caregivers do take the time when you can to take a nap or just relax for a moments of time, your body and mind also need it.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 AM

All those caregivers out there, remember that YOU come first. It has to be that way. If you don't take care of you, you may not be able to care for them. I am putting a half hour massage at the local shop on that list of necessities!! God bless the caregiver. I am not sure I could do what some of you do. I know, they say you step up and handle what is handed, but I still see some limits. Did I say GOD BLESS THE CAREGIVERS!! Tricia, I see you live in Michigan. I am in the Thumb. I'd love to buy you a cup of coffee some day!!
Oh, and not to forget my mission. I got home on Tuesday to find a package on the table. All I can say is WOW!! Adelia truly outdid herself. Makes me rethink every package I ever sent out. It was chuck right full of fabric!! Treats and a toy for the dog AND cat. Chocolate to DH. They are 3 happy critters, too. A thimble and 2 postcards with the Arkansas pictures on them. Note that there is one bag of candy bars. She sent two. Ask me where the other one went and I will tell you DH ate the whole thing. That is my story and I am sticking to it. Can you see my tissue holder? I've made a few, been gonna make some more, partly cause I wanted one. Whoop Whoop and a hand pump!!! A beautiful note pad with pen, you can NEVER have too many of those! I am the note queen. Have to be, only way I remember stuff these days. Oh, and not to forget the magazine. I am a magazine FREEK, I don't go anywhere without a bag of magazines. I read them cover to cover, then pull them out and brouse through them when I need inspiration!! Thank you thank you thank you.
Prayers and well wishes to all those in need at this time.
Attached Thumbnails apr13-sp.jpg  

Last edited by buslady; 04-11-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 AM

Lovely parcel buslady.

Well, I got a wonderful surprise this morning too! A parcel arrived from 'The Fat Quarter Shop' with two beautiful cuts of Fairy Frost and a card which reads, "From your April Secret Pal". I've no idea who its from - although I do remember someone saying they were having their gifts sent. Thank you who ever you are - they're lovely.
*Goes off to read through thread again.*
Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 AM

Renee so happy your husband is getting home...what a difference it will make for both of you!

LaQuita and Linda my thoughts are with you. Take care of yourselves so you can take care of your family. I know what you are going through as I took care of my husband for the last years of his life. Friends said they couldn't have done it but I know they can..it is a day at a time and you don't even know how hard it was until it is over.

Lori I hope all goes well with your tests so you can have the surgery. What a terrible time you seem to continue to be having! I wish you well soon.

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 04-11-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 AM

I too pray for everyone's health and well being. I'm not a full time care taker of my mom yet, but it's coming soon. I do have to take her to all of her doctor's appointments and this month and next means I'm going to be using a lot of my vacation time. She is also on oxygen 24/7 and it is a major pain getting tanks in and out of the car and then having to switch them. Her Pulmomologist appointments are the worse. I've never been there that we didn't sit in the waiting room for less than 3 hours.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 AM

Finally! Here is a picture of the great package I got from Vanogay. She sent me 2 darling handmade items, a chicken pin holder and a needle case. I got wonderful fabrics in my favorite colors and a great patriotic FQ pack, The Christmas runner I will definately make. I have all the batiks. Love the book, favorite author and a magazine. She also sent me wind chimes for my patio and my item I wanted the most; a mechanical pencil for fabric. i got lotion, sticky notes and a little containter with cute little buttons. Thank you Vanagay! You sure made me happy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407360[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0509.jpg  
Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Grandma Peg is the best. Her package was so "ME"! I love the table runner and it does fit exactly what I asked for. I have always just used a table cloth but my table is so big, they are expensive. Table runners are perfect, and Grandma Peg made a beauty. Frog and Turtles, oh my, I received them! Love the material and even got apple material to make Grandma Peg a Bow-Tuck purse. Thank you so much for the package. It was wonderful to come home after a grueling day of work, to find a package waiting for me. I have already put the turtle on my counter at work and the frog int eh strawberry patch. I love the flag material and the flag. It is so perfect and so me. My husband laughed and said, "Looks like she knows you well." I laughed and told him she only knew me by what I post and write. He decided I did a good job descrbing me. Thank you once again. (The letter inclosed was fabulous)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407376[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]407377[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]407378[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]407379[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]407380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]407381[/ATTACH]The package included: Milk Chocolate Raisinettes and a dark chocolate Hershey bar (YUM YUM), 2 dish clothes (in great need), a fabulous table runner in spring/summer colors, a flag, frog material, flag panels, a turtle, a frog, sticky notes, apple material, and a quilting magazine. There was even a long letter that I just loved. I think I found a pen pal.
Attached Thumbnails 20130411_053532.jpg   20130411_053234.jpg   20130411_053436.jpg   20130411_053545.jpg   20130411_053601.jpg  

20130411_065345.jpg  

Last edited by hav4boys; 04-11-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:22 AM

Hi all - I got my package a few days ago, and promised my partner I'd get a pic up last night. We had a tornado come through about 8 pm. Drove right through it - it was so scary with the driving rain and wind, and then all of the lights went out at once - including the traffic signals. My area is a MESS, and I will get my package off Saturday as my local PO has no power today. But we have our power back, so here is my package from reeskylr! She sent me a wonderful package full of little baggies, each labeled with one of the things I like on my list - chocolate, kitty stuff (with kitty fabric and an entire quilt top!), Snoopy fabric scraps I don't have in my collection, plus Snoopy ribbon, LOTS of purple scraps plus 4 FQ's, a Quiltmaker mag with a Bonnie Hunter (my fave pro quilter) pattern in it, a book, and some purple thread!