Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is! >

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Old 03-28-2015, 05:45 PM

Everything is good for me.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:08 PM

I still need someone who is willing to swap with an individual in Europe. Any takers?
Old 03-28-2015, 06:14 PM

Bling is wonderful and so is machine embroidery would prefer no creepy crawling things or creepy flying things unless it's for Halloween. I'm much more of a floral - gardening type
Old 03-28-2015, 06:18 PM

Oh, by the way, if anyone is willing to send to Europe, please PM me, okay? Don't say anything on this thread so there are some surprises. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

How do I bookmark this thread? I forgot.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:50 AM

I love embroidery, hand or machine ... who doesn't? And a little glitter in one's life doesn't hurt, either!

sewnsewer2 -- go to Thread Tools at the top of this page, to the right, under page numbers. It should say Subscribe, so just follow the leads. I just learned this myself, so it's still kind of fresh in my mind. Let me know if you need further help. Glad to pay it forward!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:00 AM

Here's the updated list for The Sweet Life:

1. Nelco
2. suern3
3. cuppy
4. CarolinePaj
5. dee1245
6. Cheesehead
7. Lynnie
8. Oneteapot
9. teriamn
10. QuiltyLouise
11. Let'sQuilt
12. Psychomomquilter
13 & 14. jaba (2 swaps)
15 & 16. ctyankee (2 swaps)
17. cactus stitchin
18. dfelker
19. Jan Rutherford
20. debbyg
21. KathyM
22. crqltr
23. regm
24. Rosemary Attaway
25. sewbizgirl
26. rwquilts
27. Robinlee
28. sewnsewr2

Just check to make sure your name is on this list. If it isn't, please PM me. I need this list in order to compile swap partners. We're on the home stretch now, ladies!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:04 AM

Also, I am compiling a list of people willing to ship overseas. If I have a list, I will not have to ask the same question every month, thereby being a little less annoying. I do have a very, very short list started so, if you haven't already told me you're willing but you are willing to ship overseas, please PM me. I'm hoping to get enough people on that list so that we can spread the happiness around a bit, okay? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:43 AM

Good Morning Sunshines! How are you all doing? Here is it is SUNDAY my first day of two off in a row. I love it! the weather is gorgeous this morning. Yesterday afternoon I thought is it going to snow. it was warm but the clouds came in like crazy the wind was kicking up a serious storm by three it was drizzling and I thought uh oh.. then.. clear skys by night time no snow and hardly any rain .. what was that? a wanna be storm? today sunny and gorgeous. what the heck???!!! lol. I will take it no complaints! today is going to be great! I hope yours is too. doing anything good? going somewhere special?

This coming months swap we have had a couple comments on people not waiting to make their swaps. There is only one way I can solve this problem. If you want to make it ahead then we divide you into two groups. Those who make ahead and those who wait to hear what their partners want. This way those who care about what their partner is hoping for get a partner who cares about that also. The other is a group of people who are time constraint restricted and therefore cant wait. they will get a partner in the same boat. THAT is the only swapping pick and choses that I will go with. I cant always make sure you get a great quilter. Its not fair to everyone. I cant always make sure you get someone who is a super fast shipper. I am not magic I do not know how to do that. I would prefer to just put the names in a jar and pull two names. those two names are partners. PERIOD. I would love to hear ideas and suggestions not complaints from you. if you have a better idea for heavens sakes I am all ears! share share share. in a PM that is not on the board I don't always see the postings.

As to bling please make sure its off to the side NOT in the center of a mug rug. It could case a drink to tip over and no one wants that at all. if it was a wall hanging different story it could go anywhere but in the center its a disaster waiting to happen. Machine embroidery I think is flat enough it wouldn't affect the way a mug sits so if that is what you do not hand embroidery no one is stopping you! its always so pretty and those of us without a machine that does that love it! hope that answers your question Quilting Louise!

My biggest wish is to see all of you happy. I cant make that happen but I can sure try. I would like everyone to consider making mug rugs after you meet your partner. If your partner does not contact you in 5 days from the sign ups you need to contact CTYankee to let her know. She is here to help you with sign ups not complaints for other issues. All other issues that come in need to come to me! yipppeee! divide and conquer! One for sign ups and one for complaints. (please feel free to work things out on our own first with your partner lol). Maybe this month will go so smoothly I can sip tea and enjoy the show. crossing fingers and toes.

SIGN UP TODAY! SEND A PM TO CTYANKEE and she will add you to the list of swappers this month! She needs your name and address and phone number and you will be in! so easy its almost impossible NOT to swap! its going to be a sweet month and I hope to see tons of photos of all the creations that are made. Any questions feel free to ask me in a private PM and I will be glad to help. I appreciate the emails both good and bad that come in. sometimes someone questions how things are done or why they are done that way and its ok. it makes me think and I appreciate all the comments. I cant make changes if I don't know who is looking for what.

also please if you want Ladybugs address to send a sympathy card on behalf of the quilting board/member name I know it would be appreciated. so far I have four requests for cards. I ask no one say a prayer here on the main board its not allowed and you could get in trouble but to please feel free to write what you chose in the card you send. I know when I was sick and received so many cards from all of you it truly made me feel so much better. opening card after card with words of encouragement well.. I love this place. what can I say. You truly made me feel part of something bigger. Thank you.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

Brat, thanks for taking time out of your busy day to write us this lengthy message.