Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is! >

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Old 03-29-2015, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Brat, you can't please everyone, but you sure bend over backwards trying! You are the best.

I do need to be contrary and contradict one thing you said: Not everyone loves machine embroidery. I guess I am the odd one out but I really don't care for machine embroidery. Hand embroidery is lovely (but way to much work!), but to me, machine embroidery spoils the handmade look. Yes, I know I probably stand alone in this!

Not complaining, just clarifying. I wouldn't send any mug rug back!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. We got some beautiful weather and today is even milder and sunnier than yesterday. I've already been out throwing the frisbee with the dog.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:37 AM

Elisabrat has asked me post pictures of my small sewing studio now that I am done. I know I have A LOT of stuff, cause I also do lots of crafting in addition to my sewing, but here goes...be gentle girls!

Thanks Brat for your encouragement and clarification. I will happily wait to see what my partner wants...
Attached Thumbnails quilting-studio-2015-2.jpg   quilting-studio-2015-3.jpg   quilting-studio-2015-4.jpg   quilting-studio-2015-5.jpg  
Old 03-29-2015, 09:54 AM

Do you know what the average cost is to mail a mug rug to Europe
Old 03-29-2015, 10:29 AM

Oops. I forgot to post the side with my fabrics. When I opted out of last month's swap because of reorganizing my studio, Brat asked me to share but haven't been able to get to it til today. I should have taken a picture of the "before".
Old 03-29-2015, 12:03 PM

terriamn -- I don't know the costs of shipping a mug rug to Europe, but I know how to find out. When you go to the post office to mail your swap package, ask the postal worker if he/she could tell you what it would cost to send that very same package to Europe. They will tell you, based on that package, & that will give you an idea.

Looks like I have two lists going now -- one for people willing to ship to Europe, & one for people who want to wait for the name of their partner before beginning on their swap package. The lists are very short.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:06 PM

Oh, rwquilts -- love your sewing room! I have to get mine organized (I can hear my husband laughing in the background). How big is your room? Looks pretty big. Or maybe it's just so organized, it looks that way. Good job! You've given me some inspiration!
Old 03-29-2015, 02:26 PM

I don't care as far as the mug rugs go. I just want one that is my partners best job. And I love to see others interpatations of the monthly theme. It may not be mine but I love seeing how they interpet the theme. That's what makes each one different from the next. How boring life would be if we were all alike and liked and disliked the same things.
I have been very pleased with each and every mug rug that I have received!
Old 03-29-2015, 02:54 PM

I'm with you, oneteapot. I enjoy seeing others' interpretations & creativity. That's what makes this so much fun!
Old 03-29-2015, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
Oh, rwquilts -- love your sewing room! I have to get mine organized (I can hear my husband laughing in the background). How big is your room? Looks pretty big. Or maybe it's just so organized, it looks that way. Good job! You've given me some inspiration!
Thanks ctyankee. The room is about 10 x 12. Just a bedroom we've turned into my sewing room. Things are pretty tight, but I'm grateful for the space for sure. If I could remember where I moved things, it would be even better. I should have typed up a cheat sheet when I rearranged I think.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Thanks ctyankee. The room is about 10 x 12. Just a bedroom we've turned into my sewing room. Things are pretty tight, but I'm grateful for the space for sure. If I could remember where I moved things, it would be even better. I should have typed up a cheat sheet when I rearranged I think.
LOL isn't that always the way it goes, you have it so organized tho! My sewing room is about the same size, but I love what you have done with the space!