Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is! >

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Old 04-10-2015, 02:46 PM

Went shopping yesterday and found a couple of little extras for my partner's package. Mug rug is done, all systems go for today- and then I started FMQ-ing on a donation quilt that I worked on over the winter........and did not get things packaged up to mail, wouldn't you know
Old 04-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie that hostess cup cake fabric does look good enough to eat. lol... Very pretty!
Old 04-10-2015, 06:13 PM

I got the rug top done..sandwiched..and quilted. Then I turned it over..yikes! What a rats nest! So I have spent the evening trying to pick it all out! Darn that makes me mad! Sure glad my partner isn't in a big hurry!
Old 04-10-2015, 07:04 PM

hi everyone,, yes yes, I am finally getting back to my old self..hahah just abit slower......thanks for all your care and kindness/// hugz
Old 04-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Power Poster

Fabulous, Lynnie! Cute cupcake! Your crochet work looks great too. Very nice package.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

I hope you like the pen too. it has crystals in the top, and I thought they were so pretty. saw the original at the Sworvoski store for a fortune, I got these knockoffs. I take them out of the box. cheaper to mail. hope you liked it all.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Banned

Hi friends,
i just want to let yall know that my daughter is in the hospital.
She is having some heart problems so they are going to do a
c-section about 8am tomorrow.

Dorothy (dweller) I will do my best to work this week on your
mugrug. But first we need to get my grandson born.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:30 AM

thanks for the heads up quilty louise and we will all think nothing but positive thoughts about the birth of your grandchild and the health of your daughter at the same time. Keep us informed.

Lovely little cupcake lynnie! you sure are a fast one. zoom zoom zoom. Same with the mug rug by ctyankee. wow you two should join the fastest quilters of the west group! Jaba is in there waiting for you! lol. Its a lovely fresh morning here in Wy. Its also my third day in a row of dialysis. I am so sorry for the lack of much writing it is wearing me to the bones. I sleep. that is what I do. come home from clinic, Steve walks me to the couch and its see you for a good four hours. The rest of the day I am still dead tired. I can not wait for tomorrow and Monday. I am hoping and praying that its enough to get me sewing again. I have such pretty fabrics sitting here saying use me use me! I cant wait to see the rest of the mug rugs as they begin to trickle in. photos photos photos is all I can say. if you cant take them maybe your partner can? if you have a friend with a cell phone have them take a pic and send it to you in email so you can post. we are anxious to see them all.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:53 AM

Been down with a bad cold since Easter. Chomping at the bit wanting to get back to sewing, meaning the April mug rug.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:12 AM

Crqltr -- that's okay. You noticed a mistake & are taking care of it. It's important to check one's work & make corrections. Your partner will appreciate that. We all would! (And there's nothing worse than having to take out all your quilting stitches! Ouch!) I'm sure your mug rug is delightful & we all look forward to seeing it. Take your time -- there's still plenty of time to send it out. Try not to stress.

QuiltyLouise -- Hoping everything goes well with your daughter & her baby. Family comes first, right? As Elisabrat always says, just communicate with your partner!

regm -- sorry to hear you've been sick since Easter. There's something going around, that's for sure. And it's hard to shake off. I still have my cough since ... hmmmm ... going into my third week. Started as bronchitis. Hope you're a luckier lady! Let your partner know, so she doesn't start wondering.

Everyone, have a great day & enjoy making your mug rugs!