Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Arrows of the Heavens Block Swap Sign Ups Closed >

Arrows of the Heavens Block Swap Sign Ups Closed

Arrows of the Heavens Block Swap Sign Ups Closed

Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM

Thank you, sounds good

Maybe1day
Old 02-25-2011, 02:41 PM

Bookworm, I can't find any cream with stars, planets, etc. I do have some with vines on that can barely be seen. Can I use that in the block swap? I don't know what PM means. I would like to send two sets of blocks 1 set of colors and 1 set of another color. Is that all right?
Old 02-25-2011, 04:12 PM

The cream and black can be any color any "heavens" design. They don't have to be as shown.

You can do them two different sets of colors as long as all the blocks in the set are the same
Old 02-28-2011, 08:07 PM

I've already had one swapper PM me for the address :)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:32 PM

bookworm, I will be sending 2 sets of the same colors. I have 7 blocks made today and will have to go to my job tomorrow, so will try sewing in the evening so I can get them out to you. I did get your address, thanks for hosting the swap.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 AM

I ordered some great fabric and have some of the blocks cut already. Can't wait to see it together.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Got my fabric today will post a pic tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:44 PM

This swap sounds interesting. I have a couple of questions. I understand that we can use any red fabric as long as it's some variety of red solid/print. For the other two fabrics, they can be any color? I have a black and a white fabric with stars in them so would that be appropriate or are you asking for the fabric to actually represent a more atmospheric/celestial theme?

For the return shipping SASE, I have never received or sent a flat rate envelope with stamps on it and I do a lot of shipping thru Ebay. Can you put stamps on a flat rate envelope? So I am wondering are you referring to the priority mail shipping envelopes (paper ones) instead of the cardboard ones? I know it would not cost $4.95 postage to ship small amounts of quilt blocks unless there are a lot of them (I can get almost 6 yds of fabric in a flat rate envelope) so I'm asking for some clarification on the return shipping SASE method.

I do like the block and think it would make a great quilt. This will be my first block swap.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:43 PM

This swap sounds interesting. I have a couple of questions. I understand that we can use any red fabric as long as it's some variety of red solid/print.

For the other two fabrics, they can be any color? I have a black and a white fabric with stars in them so would that be appropriate or are you asking for the fabric to actually represent a more atmospheric/celestial theme?

The other two colors can be any color as long as they fit the theme. That would be fine if you want to use them

For the return shipping SASE, I have never received or sent a flat rate envelope with stamps on it and I do a lot of shipping thru Ebay. Can you put stamps on a flat rate envelope? So I am wondering are you referring to the priority mail shipping envelopes (paper ones) instead of the cardboard ones?

The cardboard ones and you can put stamps on them.

I know it would not cost $4.95 postage to ship small amounts of quilt blocks unless there are a lot of them (I can get almost 6 yds of fabric in a flat rate envelope) so I'm asking for some clarification on the return shipping SASE method.

They actually do weight about that much. I had a previous swap and that's what it ended up being. The cost is the flat rate of the envelope. This makes it difficult for the postage to be short on the return envelope.

Hope that helps :)

(yay i figured out bold)
Old 03-06-2011, 08:41 AM

Bookworm do you by any chance have a sample of this block in the proposed prints sewn up? As I was looking at planetary/stars fabrics, I cannot image what this block will look like with so much going on. I would love a vision shot (pic) to help me along with my inspiration.