Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

*Looking around the room* am I the only one still waiting for my SP package?

Blog Entries
    Suzyq nope I am still waiting for my package too. By the time mine gets here I will be old and wrinkled like a prune. Lol
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

Blog Entries
    Oh my I hope your feeling better soon. One of my daughters was bitten literally in her armpit when she was 15 years old by a brown recluse spider and she ended up hospitalized for several days from a reaction to the meds they gave her. She has a hole in her armpit the size of a fifty cent piece because the venom from the spider actually rots your skin. So hopefully it isnt that bad for you. Get better soon.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

Good morning all! Lovely bag I may say and such a wonderful pkg! Hope everyone has a good day. I'm at work, and would rather be home sleeping right now but I'll make it. Hope those who are waiting for their pkgs will get them soon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyq2154 View Post
    *Looking around the room* am I the only one still waiting for my SP package?
    Nope, I'm still waiting for my second package. It just seems late as most everyone mailed way early this month!

Red face

Oh My what a box from our Lovely Hostess Lori. She was my partner this time around and I received so many goodies. Here are some pictures to share with ya.

Name:  DSCN3598.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  167.5 KB
    Let's see we have a 4 pack of film for my 35mm cameras, a spiral notebook, 2 kitty mice, a marigold egg (never seen these before) colored pencils, emery board, hand santizer, posty tabs (great for tagging magazines patterns), purse size highlighter, pretty note card set, "T" posty notes, Udderly Moo hand cream, tape measure (great to keep in purse or camp gear), I Lovely note card with a Iowa barn with painted quilt blocks on it, Oh yeah a box of my Favorite -- Caramel & Sea Salt Candies.
    Name:  DSCN3599.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  175.5 KB
    In this pic you can see 2 books that I haven't read yet...Yeah!! 5 yarn balls to use in my knitted pincushions, an 8 count of solid color layer cake fabrics, lots of blenders, and CW fabrics and a bar of Chocolate from the same people who make my Caramel & Sea Salt candies that I haven't tryed yet. Yummm
    Name:  DSCN3600.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  139.0 KB
    Here is a close up of the wonderful fabrics Lori sent me.
    Name:  DSCN3601.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  134.5 KBName:  DSCN3603.JPG
Views: 171
Size:  160.9 KB
    The Kitties Nosy Rosy(darker one) & Honey Bee LOVE their new toys. It's the first they got something other than the empty box. These are my Christmas Presents from last year that we adopted. They are sisters.
    Name:  DSCN3604.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  160.7 KB
    Here they are ... all tuckered out. As you can see the mouse found a new home on the windowledge and the white one was last seen getting tossed the kitchen. LOL.

Again We all Thank You Ms. Lori.

Sincerely,
    Tricia
    Last edited by Quercus Rubra; 08-22-2013 at 09:38 AM.
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Blog Entries
    I am one who hasn't received my SP package, to join the rest of you...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    I am one of the "bad" girls this month. My package went out late, so I am sorry to my SP, and one of you won't be waiting much long, I hope!! Great packages coming in.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

What a beautiful grandson!! Congratulations!!!

Blog Entries
    No package today. Maybe tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter View Post
    I can't believe Ladybug pulled this off. What a wonderful surprise! I even picked out some of the fabric in my beautiful purse I was with her when she got some of the items. You all can see what a wonderful package it was. She's not real good at keeping secrets so everybody knew but me. She is the BEST!!!!!!!! I know you knew too Mary.
    Auntie Gail,Sis made me promise not to say anything and go along with it all. I do love the the way the bag turned out and love the colors.Thanks again for the very super nice swap you sent me too. When I get my computer back I will post photos of both my wonderful swaps I recieved this month.Love ya both.lil sis
    Mary

Blog Entries
    still sitting out here but the weather is nice again...lots of rain earlier but lovely now...anticipation is fun!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Quiltymom: I received your package a few days ago. Thanks for all of it. I will use the 9 patch pattern booklet and the embroidery designs. The postcard is cute and so are the toe warmers and notebook. Thanks also for the 3 fat quarters, the lovely mini bag and stencil. The chocolate mints are gone but I still have the charms balls, unopened.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

what a nice package.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Secret pal your package is on its way and should be delivered by the 26th according to tracking. thank you to every one concerned about the spider bite. they gave me the scientific name for the spider but that was way to difficult to remember. But it was about the size of a quarter, a orangeish brown color with dark brown spots. it kind of reminded me of a wolf spider in its body shape. it has a smooth body, no hair like some spiders...

Blog Entries
    received my secret package...it was wonderful...full of some great things. Thank you Belfrybat(not sure if I am reading this right) I will post a photo later.
    Marcialee

Blog Entries
    Sewsonsaturday, you actually saw the spider? That would be almost as scary as being bitten for me! I really feel for you!!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
    Gosh Fayser, I was waiting to hear how you did it !!! My guess, and this is STRICTLY a guess, would be to leave it extended by maybe 2 or 3" and wrap duck tape around it and secure the tape then to the plastic housing ..............whoa...wait a minute....there's a lock on it I believe....like when you pull it out you lock it in position so you can work with it. Why couldn't you pull out just maybe 3" more than you need, cut off what you need and lock it in position so you could just continue to pull it out the next time by pulling on the 3" you left extended? Ask your husband if I'm in the ballpark in my thinking. You could duck tape the lock maybe so it wouldn't accidentally move.
    What do the rest of you think?????
    His lock is broken LOL. I am going to go shopping tomorrow and see what I can find. Duck tape sounds good.

Blog Entries
    I'm sitting out there with you Sharon, raining here in Florida again or better yet STILL....
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

I received a great package from Starshine today! I got a yard of white on white fabric, some pattern sheets, some coffee packets, a hand-knit dishcloth in my favourite colour, and 2 great books - one on crazy quilt stitches, and one on making 3-D flowers. I can't wait to read both bookName:  image.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  774.8 KBs. Thanks, Starshine, I love everything!

Blog Entries
    I was lucky enough to receive one of those knitted dish cloths too. It is so pretty, I won't use it. I love it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
    His lock is broken LOL. I am going to go shopping tomorrow and see what I can find. Duck tape sounds good.
    Hi Fayser......have done a little snooping around and think I'll just order mine from Amazon. If you can't find it cheaper or don't want to run around, google: Tajima HL-16BW......it's a 16' Carpenter Scale Tape Measure with 3/4" Steel Blade. I figure it won't be wasted because I'll probably make snap purses for Christmas and could use another one for a makeup bag.

snap bags are really handy.You can make them a little longer and they are good for sunglasses or reading glasses or a camera etc. Mary
    Mary

Bilben glad I found some things that you could use. I'll be watching to see what shows up on the Doll Quilt swaps in the next several months. If you like, the cloths can be used as facial washcloths instead of dish cloths but I wouldn't suggest interchanging usage. Looks like delivery was 2 weeks so that was pretty good, of course there wasn't a need to have customs translate the address either. Hopefully more are getting their packages today.

Blog Entries
    Well "tomorrows" have come and gone and still no package. The mailman must think Ive got dementia or something and thinking I dont know what I'm talking about. Maybe I will make my own secret pal package and mail it to myself. Lol...maybe thats not a good idea after all. I'm sure he thinks I'm nuts but if I mail my own package to myself..that would just confirm his suspicions. Lol

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast