August fq swap

Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Dang, you're just no fun today!! Got anything else in your arsenal I might be interested in?
I dunno, what WOULD you be interested in?? YouTube is my best friend, I usually go there to find something new to do or google whatever. What do you have in YOUR bag of tricks that maybe I would like?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:20 PM

I just look for things like that to make either for myself or I do the monthly SP swap. Different little things to add that you make are always welcomed. When I see something like this, it's great, as I've never seen one posted that someone got. A little more unusual than a pincushion or pot holder...
Old 08-23-2012, 03:52 AM

Jaba, I made that with the FQ's I got from this swap. And I also do (or did) the SP swap and you're right about that, I haven't seen anyone rec one from that thread. But like I said before, I usually go to YouTube to learn things or I'll google something I'm interested in and I also belong to Pinterest, they have a lot of cool ideas there. Join Pinterest HERE.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:58 AM

That is so cool, I love it!!!!

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
I have yet to see anything on here that people make with their FQ's they get in the swap so I thought I would be the 1st to show off what I made. I have made blocks with other FQ's that were given to me, for my BOM partner, but this is the 1st thing I made for myself. It's a bowl potholder and boy does this come in handy! Here's the top and bottom:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]357345[/ATTACH]
Don't look at my nasty ironing board cover! I so need a new one, this one is so old! I know....a good washing would help too!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 AM

I have yet to see anything on here that people make with their FQ's they get in the swap so I thought I would be the 1st to show off what I made. I have made blocks with other FQ's that were given to me, for my BOM partner, but this is the 1st thing I made for myself. It's a bowl potholder and boy does this come in handy! Here's the top and bottom:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]357345[/ATTACH]
Don't look at my nasty ironing board cover! I so need a new one, this one is so old! I know....a good washing would help too!

This is just too cute, and what a great idea... thanks for sharing
Old 08-23-2012, 07:21 AM

Teresa-love the bowl....I actually used some of the patriotic FQ's I received to do the Patriotic doll quilt for that swap...will have to post picture of it...
Old 08-31-2012, 12:57 AM

Default August fat quarter swap

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
OMG halfpintwts, just received the fabric today. I can't thank you enough. With all you had to deal with, I want you to know how much I appreciate it. And the little This and That is one of the cutest things I've seen for a very long time. I will try to post pictures, but if it doesn't work, this will have to do.

Thanks so much again!!!

Well, guess I can't post a picture because I can't find the "insert image" on top of my message box. (Sorry)

One last attempt to post the August fq swap that I received from halfpintwts. So beautifu.l
Attached Thumbnails august-fq.jpg  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:58 AM

Join Pinterest HERE.
For the boomerang 8.0 swap, I'm only using block patterns that I found on Pinterest. This gives me a reason to sit & surf for hours at a time.