Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Postcard Swap, Come join the fun! >

August Postcard Swap, Come join the fun!

August Postcard Swap, Come join the fun!

Old 08-17-2015, 10:45 AM

HELLO EVERYBODY!! I really like all that I am seeing!! I will have my postcard for Stashmaker out on Wednesday. So very sorry for the delay. I am back in town from helping my ex husband take care of his Mother who has Alzheimers and get the paperwork submitted for her to be admitted to a memory care facility. My heart just breaks even thinking about it. Such a kind and wonderful woman and always so loving to me. It was so emotional to see her in such a state. It wouldn't be so tough if I knew she was in a better place mentally or emotionally, but that isn't the case.

Really like those googly eyes and bird legs!!!
Old 08-17-2015, 12:31 PM

I have received my postcards from both of my partners today. What a sweet surprise in my mailbox. I received 2 postcards from my partner, Pam P. They are both awesome. So colorful and so me! "Surf's up Dude!"

And the 2nd one. I just love the colors of these love birds.

And this is the wonderful postcard I received from petthefabric. She wrote a little play on words on the back. Very clever and very cute. I was just thinking that no one had done a chicken yet. And this "chick" arrived in my mailbox. lol

And, if that isn't enough inspiration, I made one more "Bird" card, as Dorothy would say, feathers and beaks. I made this card for a cyber friend. Hope it brings her a smile.

Chubby Chicks Rule! She's got style and attitude. Maybe not as much as petthefabrics tho. lol

Last edited by Judith1005; 08-17-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by dfelker View Post
HELLO EVERYBODY!! I really like all that I am seeing!! I will have my postcard for Stashmaker out on Wednesday. So very sorry for the delay. I am back in town from helping my ex husband take care of his Mother who has Alzheimers and get the paperwork submitted for her to be admitted to a memory care facility. My heart just breaks even thinking about it. Such a kind and wonderful woman and always so loving to me. It was so emotional to see her in such a state. It wouldn't be so tough if I knew she was in a better place mentally or emotionally, but that isn't the case.

Really like those googly eyes and bird legs!!!
Oh Dorothy, so sorry for all you are dealing with. So sad. It was very nice of you to be there for XH and M-I-L. I pray that she will settle into her new home. I know that can be very upsetting for them. I hope that it brings you some peace and comfort to know that she is in a safe place being looked after.

Keep us posted on your card. I hope it will be a welcome diversion at this stressful time. If you need any help, just let me know.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:12 PM

Wow, Judith -- you hit the postcard jackpot! Those are awesome postcards! Each is great in its own way. Kudos to everyone!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:22 PM

Glad you liked them! I didn't think I was going to be able to salvage the penguin card after I cut through the top third of the card with the rotary cutter.that's why the sun is missing some rays. But I cut around them and reappliqued to another sky background so I was glad I could save it. Love the chickens too ☺ I was going to make one with Foghorn Leghorn, Woody woodpecker, and Tweety Bird but then I figured I would just be showing my age😉
Old 08-17-2015, 01:31 PM

Hi everyone,

Nan62, I love the fpc with goldfinches that Cindy A sent you. We have them daily at our feeders. They are such precious little things.

A few days back I received my adorable postcard from JuneBillie. I mentioned I would post a pic the following day with better lighting. Well life got in the way and then when I went to do it, the batteries to the camera needed to be charged (they are old rechargeables and on their way out, I think).

We each included a species of pine trees on our postcards. Sadly, Susan has yet to receive her postcard from me . I am going to ask her if she would like me to post a pic to the group of the one I did make and sent on to her, but I am also going to make her another one.

Best,
deb in Maine
Attached Thumbnails 2015-postcard-junebillie-001.jpg  
Old 08-17-2015, 02:21 PM

Whigrose, JuneBillie, I see now by what you meant by water colors. It is so soft and serene. I love your "pinked" edges as well. And, your hand embroidery just keeps the theme of the cards. Very pretty.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:35 PM

Oh my gosh, Judith1005, did you hit the fpc lotto or what? Each of them are adorable.

When I first opened it up and saw the penguin, that was adorable, then there THREE more. As someone that has parrots as companions, I adore the lorikeets. Then of course there is the funky chicken and the hen with attitude.

You ladies have me so outclassed. I belong in T-ball league while you are all in the majors. (I'm taking my bat and going home

Such sweet, funny, adorable, funky, creative postcards from everyone.

Best,
deb in Maine
Old 08-17-2015, 02:41 PM

Hi ladies, I have started the August thread just a little early. I have been having some computer problems. So I wanted to post it now in case my computer has to go into the shop. http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post7289098 I do have a tablet and my phone. But, it is not always convenient to do everything on it. But, I won't be out of touch either.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
Oh my gosh, Judith1005, did you hit the fpc lotto or what? Each of them are adorable.

When I first opened it up and saw the penguin, that was adorable, then there THREE more. As someone that has parrots as companions, I adore the lorikeets. Then of course there is the funky chicken and the hen with attitude.

You ladies have me so outclassed. I belong in T-ball league while you are all in the majors. (I'm taking my bat and going home

Such sweet, funny, adorable, funky, creative postcards from everyone.

Best,
deb in Maine

Oh no you don't. We love having you. We all learn at a different pace. And, we haven't even seen your postcard yet. I'm intrigued that you and JuneBillie had a common element without even knowing it. So, you see, you have to stay with us. We aspire to inspire each other.