Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-09-2012, 03:46 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Krystyna, your veils are great, are they.. wedding veils? for church purposes? What great scarfs that would make.. I never checked out fabric like that before as I can't figure how you would sew the edges down.. I have a goes forward and backward machine. Nothing fancy. Clues would be lovely.
Elisabrat, they are used by traditional Catholics who wear them to the Latin Mass, by people visiting the Vatican (I get a lot of orders from Washington, DC, and by ceremonial organizers. Some are also used for weddings and Quinceaneros. As far as how to do the edges of the oblongs, I use a serger to make a rolled hem. I used to handroll and hand stitch, but ... takes forever. This is a purely accidental business. I never intended to become a veil maker. I used to sell at lot of vintage Catholic stuff on eBay including some old veils I found at estate sales. Customers asked for more so I eventually found a well-known veil company and got them at a discount. Unfortunately, they were not too nice so I decided to buy a sewing machine and make them myself. Then that company moved out of the country and stopped selling retail ... so I became the veil maker of choice and sell all over the world. I am perpetually behind in filling orders. The moment I think I've gotten ahead ... poof! Sold out. And my website is soooooo out of date, but no time to fix it. *sigh* One of these days.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:50 AM

Hey Louise...go have an adventure! Sounds like a lot of fun...glad to hear about your boss giving you additional training and more work. I hope it will be full time soon for you!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 AM

Awesome veils, Krystyna! I will check my Joann's, too.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Swap Hosts

Thanks, everyone, for helping with the hunt! It's expensive stuff, so if you find it, just PM me and I'll Paypal funds right away. You guys are the best!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Elisabrat, they are used by traditional Catholics who wear them to the Latin Mass, by people visiting the Vatican (I get a lot of orders from Washington, DC, and by ceremonial organizers. Some are also used for weddings and Quinceaneros. As far as how to do the edges of the oblongs, I use a serger to make a rolled hem. I used to handroll and hand stitch, but ... takes forever. This is a purely accidental business. I never intended to become a veil maker. I used to sell at lot of vintage Catholic stuff on eBay including some old veils I found at estate sales. Customers asked for more so I eventually found a well-known veil company and got them at a discount. Unfortunately, they were not too nice so I decided to buy a sewing machine and make them myself. Then that company moved out of the country and stopped selling retail ... so I became the veil maker of choice and sell all over the world. I am perpetually behind in filling orders. The moment I think I've gotten ahead ... poof! Sold out. And my website is soooooo out of date, but no time to fix it. *sigh* One of these days.
The veils are beautiful and I was wondering myself if they were wedding veils because in Latin cultures they do wear them as you said to church. Well I am making a trip to Joann's this weekend myself and will keep an eye out for them. Someone is bound to find some yardage for you I know you said your website is out of date but can you share it with us? I love to see people's work and what they sell. It is a lot of work maintaing a website for sure, I know first hand. I for one will be adding handmade goodies to mine soon as I am preparing for my first craft show this December and will just make extras for my website.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
I just wanted to show you all a picture that was just taken of the three kids
Juli - What a darling picture and your kids are gorgeous!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Yes, I am shouting! (I used all caps in the heading, the forum changed it!LOL)
Airwick, I was certain your package was coming to me. Then it arrived.
Thank you so much "themamahauser" for the great package! It came a couple of days ago, but I had to find out who it was, as she left her board name off. LOL Thank goodness for Lori!! Anyway, I am posting a picture, as words don't do justice. I love everything! The table runner, the wall quilt kit, the thangles, the book, the beautiful batiks, absolutely everything is just wonderful and surely did brighten my day when I opened the package.
My package will go out by the end of the week. It is going to the state that my sister just moved to. She is working at a large hospital that is brand new and they had a grand opening about 3-4 weeks ago.

What a great package! Love the fabrics and the table runner is gorgeous. I make those too but I love the fabric choice! Can't wait to receive my package and find out who my SP is. Also excited to be sending my SP her package. I will be mailing it out tomorrow!!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Did you write Dabbler312 on the return label???
Sorry, I don't remember - there were two Merry-Go-Round blocks, both red white and blue, in the squishy
Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Get someone to remove the harddrive and pull the files off. It's still useable if your motherboard is really what's fried.
Thanks Anastasia - already have someone working on it - I unfortunately use outlook express for my email and have lost all of that, lots of patterns/recipes/jokes/receipts etc - guess that's one way to declutter.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
WOOOOOOOO That's me! Unless there's another person in Montana...
Oh crap, I am on a roll this week with the STuPIDS.

Not Montana, sorry MamaHauser. It's Wyoming.