Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-07-2012, 06:42 AM

~ well my pal's package will be ridiculously full this month due to my preferring to mail things rather than pack them. but i do not believe that she is able to post pics soooo...... no one will know but the two of us.

~ lindar hopefully you are able to find more than 4 fq's for $10. my lqs does $1 fq sales or i shop their remnant bin and usually cut a fq from the fabrics i buy ($10-$12/yd fabrics for half price). i don't normally shop joann's because one is not close enough for me but i know their fq's are around $1. i shop the remnant bins at hancock's for their $2/yd remnants and cut up fq's from them. hopefully you can find some fq deals near you.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:34 AM

Sewbeadit I have sent you 2 pms now and haven't heard anything from you please send me a pm, thanks Lori
Old 08-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Swap Hosts

Off Topic Alert: On the July Doll Quilt thread one of the members was talking about what she thought of as her lack of piecing skills. (She's dead wrong) I mentioned that I was going through my bins to finish UFO and I was working on some blocks that I pieced before I had much of a grip on silly things like measuring. (Do we have a big red faced smiley I can insert here?) Anyway ... here are pix of the top I just finished this morning ...
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t196947.html
Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Off Topic Alert: On the July Doll Quilt thread one of the members was talking about what she thought of as her lack of piecing skills. (She's dead wrong) I mentioned that I was going through my bins to finish UFO and I was working on some blocks that I pieced before I had much of a grip on silly things like measuring. (Do we have a big red faced smiley I can insert here?) Anyway ... here are pix of the top I just finished this morning ...
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t196947.html
the fabrics are gorgeous and unless you invite the quilt police over, no one will even know the difference!!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 AM

So I got the things I ordered for my SP (ok still waiting on one but it should be here today).. and I got one of those large priority mail envelopes. Now that I put them side by side, I can totally stuff more stuff in there! yay!, just gotta keep it under 4 pounds. We'll see what I can do.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
So I got the things I ordered for my SP (ok still waiting on one but it should be here today).. and I got one of those large priority mail envelopes. Now that I put them side by side, I can totally stuff more stuff in there! yay!, just gotta keep it under 4 pounds. We'll see what I can do.
Use FLAT RATE and that will be nearly impossible to go over your weight limit. But I think international mailing have a weight limit, not sure.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:49 AM

BELIEVE me when I tell you that I (and several others on here) can fit an unbelievable amount of "stuff" into a flat rate envelope hahahah....Krystyna is a pro at the* padded*flat rate envelopes but you have to order some of those from the post office (no cost for the envelope itself) and then you tape them up with packaging tape and OH BOY!!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by SLHughes View Post
I am hoping to finish my secret pals package today. I have one more item to get ... I have been looking and looking and I am unable to find it ... even though a couple of weeks ago everywhere I went it was there. I have one more place to check ... the liquor store ... yep I said the liquor store ... wish me luck that I find it there.
Stacey, I like the Vin Rose, if you don't mind!!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
some tips: add a little glue to the two side flaps to keep them down. when mailing international you cannot put a lot of tape on your package. so glue those side flaps down. then square the bottom of you envelope. you can get more in there plus you can package it better. i square the sides in also. here's a couple of visuals that i hope helps. i have tested the packing limits of the flat rate envelope and they can hold a lot when optimally packed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354175[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]354176[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]354177[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_1789.jpg   100_1790.jpg   100_1791.jpg  
Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Use FLAT RATE and that will be nearly impossible to go over your weight limit. But I think international mailing have a weight limit, not sure.
international flat rate envelope is up to 4 lbs.