Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-16-2012, 07:31 PM

Yesterday mom and I were coming home from Joann's and we looked down the street, there was a kid, who was probably around 15 years old, being led by two guys, with his hands behind his back. I was looking and thinking: is he in handcuffs. Mom goes: is he in hand cuffs. I told her: I think he is. Yup, he was in handcuffs. The only thing is the two guys weren't dressed like police officers, they were dressed in suits. I told mom: I don't think those are regular police officers, I think they are dectectives. They weren't in Police cars. The as we drove closer as we were going by, because we were almost home, one of them turned towards us and just gave us this big grin.

Last edited by Juli; 08-16-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
Yesterday mom and I were coming home from Joann's and we looked down the street, there was a kid, who was probably around 15 years, being led by two guys, with his hands behind his back. I was looking and thinking: is he in handcuffs. Mom goes: is he in hand cuffs. I told her: I think he is. Yup, he was in handcuffs. The only thing is the two guys weren't dresses like police officers, there were dressed in suits. I told mom: I don't think those are regular police officers, I think they are dectectives. They weren't in Police cars. They as we drove closer as we were going by, one of them turned towards us and just gave us this big grin.
That is a strange ....am I missing something ???
Old 08-16-2012, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by joejoe31 View Post
I so want that purse the fabrics fit me to a T its so awesome great work.
Thanks joejoe....i still have some of the fabric left....maybe if I get you as a swap partnet you will get one!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:52 PM

I haven't heard from one of mine either.

Originally Posted by crafty grammie View Post
I'm waiting too for my SP bu it is early yet. My SP got hers a week ago but I haven't heard anything. Is it alright to send a private message to make sure they received it?????
Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 PM

Hadn't been on much this week and wanted to catch up, but now I am missing my sleep. Is it worth it? Ask me tomorrow when I don't want to get up for work. My favorite magazine is Quilters Newsletter, maybe because it was the first one I ever saw & subscribed to, but I really like it. I like others too.

Lori, Lemons -their juice will give food a salty taste, maybe limes too, and they have vitamin c too.

For those with questions regarding international mail-Priority is only a priority in the US, so go with first class parcel or parcel post, there isn't an advantage to spending the premium when it won't apply to the final destination. I had a package that arrived to sp in England in 10 days, and a package to Canada take 30 days-it was during a time when postal workers were in a snit I guess.

No package for me yet so maybe the strawberry shortcake is coming here. Of course the deadline was only Wed. so unless its only going in the same state it may take a little longer. I think I'll go over to the row of chairs though, if i laid out on the driveway the postman might run over me when he brings the package.

Sassy pants why don't you just run over and take a swim? When the work is done hope you thoroughly enjoy the remodel.

Nikki125 just saw a simple cute baby quilt in this book from library Quilt-lovers' favorites from American patchwork & quilt - v.03
It is squares of 3 strips (like rail fence) but they are placed like woven strips. then a plain boarder, boarder of squares with white squares between then larger white boarder.

Prayers for you Laquita and asking for an extra Angel to stop by too.

Anastacia love your signature, and glad you joined in too.

Well again past my bed time. Tomorrow is another day for the pressies to come.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 PM

FBI yipes. They came to my door once, some creep at been writing to my then teen online. Turned out he was a child molester and well, there went my computer into the can we look at your computer as they hook up their equipment and are copying the memory.. uh sure. go right ahead. These guys.. they didnt smile though. Hope it was kids playing a joke on a friend..frat thing?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:38 PM

kelly, I had a transplant in late April (unfortunately not the darned kidneys) and that left me with no immune system for the next year. I wish to God I could shower but risking it getting even damp and infected is kinda a death wish so I will just wish for a shower instead and take an extra two minutes for me ya'all. I will never get out even when it runs cold once I get that port moved. Where did she go? hiding.. wait there is no more water in the park.. wonder what happened.. not even cold? nope its all gone. Even in neighboring communities.. gone. And I will sign on later a wrinkled prune and one happy prune I will be.

Krystyna, are you still hiding my package? jet setter that you are I wonder...
Old 08-16-2012, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
For those with questions regarding international mail-Priority is only a priority in the US, so go with first class parcel or parcel post, there isn't an advantage to spending the premium when it won't apply to the final destination. I had a package that arrived to sp in England in 10 days, and a package to Canada take 30 days-it was during a time when postal workers were in a snit I guess.
For some strange reason, parcels to the US seem to arrive more quickly than those from y'all. My SP parcels were delivered in exactly a week and a gift I posted last Friday had arrived at the recipient's house by Thursday. When I buy goods from eBay US, it can take up to two weeks
Old 08-17-2012, 02:13 AM

Good morning ladies. I am up Very early this morning 5 am...unusual for me. The question here is WHY....could it be I have become extremelly obsessed with this SP box???? Has it gone so far that the waiting to recieved it has begun to affect my sleep pattern. Just because I am anxious all day long until the mail goes & even my DH has noticed that I "keep watch" for the mail car, he knows I never care about the mail going ...who wants mail when all ever come is Bills. I do believe the waiting is causing extreme emotional distress...which is becoming worse with each passing day...when no box is recieved. So now my day has begun...and way too early...do you feel guiltly SP...causing such distress?? For those of you who have recieved...I know you all are resting easy.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:53 AM

~ you guys are cracking me up. i had to skim pages since i don't have time to catch up yet but losing sleep and lying in driveways, too funny. i still haven't received my package either but i know the mailing deadline was just 2 days ago so i'm being patience plus i wouldn't be able to just relax and gloat over the contents right now. too much flux.

~ i still moving stuff, boy did i have a lot of it. i have given so much away to goodwill, freecycle, dress for success, on craigslist and just putting things out at the curb. i divested myself of stuff i have been carrying around for years but also of new stuff too. oh well. i saw so many bins of fabric i didn't know i had (from my sewing days) that i know i have fabric to rehome also.... lots of it. i saw a few pieces of silk i didn't know i had. i was too excited. my 2 furbabies have been so stressed with seeing everything kinda disappear around them. i decided to move them last since i have nothing set up in my other place. i can truly say i will never collect and keep so much stuff from this day forward.

~ on my impending job possibility, this has been the longest process. you would think i was trying to get a government clearance. Various people with the organization speak as if i am the final candidate but until the executive director gives the ok, i say not. A couple of my references say they felt she was interviewing them when they spoke with the ED. for this job, my experience is over and beyond what they need and their pay scale is significantly below what i made in corporate america and i assured the ED that i was aware of these things but wanted her to know i would do an excellent job for her organization if she decided to hire me. why it is still taking so long... who knows. the ED told me the last person they hired was in over her head and had sunk within 3 months. perhaps this is why it's taking so long now to make sure they have a good fit.

~ but being the woman of faith that i am, i believe nothing happens arbitrarily in my life but everything is with purpose even when i cannot see it. with that said if i get this job i will rejoice and if i don't get it i will still rejoice knowing that there is something better waiting for me.

to all of us that are waiting on packages, do something refreshing while you wait (i.e. make a handmade surprise or two for the next swap, go sale shopping, browse a thrift store) and know your package is just a delivery away. it's on its way.

Last edited by Havplenty; 08-17-2012 at 03:01 AM.