Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 08-30-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by mswordwiz
Originally Posted by LAQUITA
Well I just got as nice PM from the hostess saying she did not know what happend to my package but a replacement would be on it's way. As much as I appreciate this, I HATE to think that someone is spending double on me to cover someone elses's neglect.

i DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. i must be 'cursed' I have done lots of swaps on a scrapbooking board and quit doing them for the same reason! I spent time and money on people that never would return MY ss swap for me.

It'sad not only sad, but frustrating especailly in this day and time financially. On the other board we stasrted a "FLAKER" list. If your name or screen name awas on this 'list' you need not to join.

Maybe we should have that for this kind of swap. For those that flaked on others shoud not be allowed to swap out with the group. B/c they will continue to get nice things at others expenses.

I'd atleast like to know what happened? A family emergency or just a flake?

I will play one more time but I'd like to request someone that has PROVEN Swapping experience on this board. Can that be arranged?

Thanks for letting me vent, I'ts jsut SO FRSTRATING!!!!!!

LaQuita
LaQuita
This is my 2nd months swap, and if the host is telling you your getting a replacement, be happy. Not all boards do that, and I think Emily deserves a kudos for doing this month after month and keeping it running smoothly. I hope you get an awesome Secret pal gift.

iI agree! I am VERY pleased that she so generously offered to send me a replacement. I know that is ABPOVE & BEYOND the 'call' of duty. ANd I am greatful for it.

:)
Old 08-31-2010, 02:14 AM

I love that little spool holder/pin cusion things.. too cute and the patterns..maybe those of us who didn't receive should do our own swap lol
Old 08-31-2010, 04:07 AM

I feel a little better... but not much. I found my receipt and am upset with USPS. I paid extra for priority shipping... mailed on Wednesday and the receipt put the estimated delivery as Saturday. Okay... three days for priority is okay. Then, I get on today and the package has still not been delivered. (At least it is in route!) What is the point of paying for priority (versus 1st class or parcel post) when it is still going to take a week to get to the destination? I sent it from Colorado to North Dakota... not to Alaska! Wow. Hopefully my SP gets the package today.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:11 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I feel a little better... but not much. I found my receipt and am upset with USPS. I paid extra for priority shipping... mailed on Wednesday and the receipt put the estimated delivery as Saturday. Okay... three days for priority is okay. Then, I get on today and the package has still not been delivered. (At least it is in route!) What is the point of paying for priority (versus 1st class or parcel post) when it is still going to take a week to get to the destination? I sent it from Colorado to North Dakota... not to Alaska! Wow. Hopefully my SP gets the package today.
Misty,
I had the same problem a week and a half ago. I mailed out a box and it took 4 days longer than it should have to get there and one going to Canada has still not arrived and it is now going on almost 3 weeks. Only thing like a dummy I did not track them this time. Lesson learned.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 AM

Don't know if this person posted here but here is a Thank You I found elsewhere on the board.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62312-1.htm
Old 08-31-2010, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I quit paying the "extra" for priority, since it never gets there when they say, and they surely don't refund you the money!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:10 AM

I sent my SP in Texas a package but haven't heard if she has received it yet. It was for sewnmom7. Let me know if you have gotten it please...maybe today??
Old 08-31-2010, 12:05 PM

The 2-3 days for priority mail delivery is an estimate. You can't take that as gospel. It will get worse with the holidays coming up and from what I understand, parcel post takes weeks to get to it's destination.

It also took me a month to get a pattern from Canada. It goes faster here in the states but when it hits the border, it's horrible, that's what the shop owner in Canada told me.

I also think it's a good idea to keep a list of people that *consistently* do not send packages. I would be embarassed beyond belief if I didn't send one and then joined another swap but people do it. I've even offered to send packages to people that didn't get a package.

Suzanne
Old 08-31-2010, 01:39 PM

I received my Secet pal from JacquelineVH and look at all the goodies i recieved!! so sweet and I just love all of it! The items were in a very cute Drawstring bag --i guess she made it!! Cute!
Thanks Jacqueline!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108301.jpe  
Old 08-31-2010, 01:47 PM

I just checked USPS and they haven't updated the delivery confirmation today. It said it was out for delivery yesterday, but not confirmed. So... maybe she got it, maybe she didn't. Next month, I am mailing early so I KNOW it will get there before the end of the month! (I am also not going to send it priority again!)