Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Awesome packages being recieved already!!! Enjoyin all off the hints .. but haven't found any that would be coming towards me here in Canada.

Anyhow, I will be mailing my two packages tomorrow and they will be going to the USA ... One postal code adds up to 19 and the other adds up to 21 ... Where could they be going???

Maybe another hint tomorrow after I have them mailed off.

Cheers!!!
    Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Close, but no cigar. My zipcode adds up to 24!
    Old 08-08-2011, 06:14 PM

First, the short message.

I mailed my SP package today via priority. The recipient lives in a nearby state, so it doesn't have very far to go and should arrive in the next couple of days. Only he/she will know that the Middle School Mascot of the town is a Pirate and the High School Mascot is a Rocket (colors red and white).
    Old 08-08-2011, 06:30 PM

OK, here's the longer message. Sorry, I loved my package to pieces but it did not cause paralysis of my typing hands.

If you have ever been the recipient of skaduzy's (Sue McGurk) packages, you know what a treat it was to be her SP. She is a very generous lady who quilts beautifully. See photo #1. I received sooo many lovely gifts that I had to take multiple pictures to do her thoughtfulness justice. A mug rug for both me and my DH (unbeknownst to Sue, his b-day is next week, so he was thrilled with the early present).

Photo #2 - 5 gorgeous FQ's in dreamy soft blues and florals, Moda muslin squares in graduated beige and brown hues (such wonderful quality), thread (the colors of which I truly needed), seam ripper, universal needles (always exciting to receive), star post-it notepad (I use these daily and always run out), and an angel photo/note holder (my daughter's name is Angela, so it will remind me of her on the other side of the country).

Photo #3 - a potato chip bag pattern (lol) which will make up beautifully with the fabrics she sent, note pads for my constant lists I make, Quilting Magazines (also VERY welcomed since I am not smart enough to subscribe to any right now), flavor changing gum (never tried this treat before), and a Hershey dark chocolate bar that remained unopened only until the picture was taken.

Sue - you are a wonderful SP and I am so very appreciative of the care and effort you put into my package. I love every single thing!!! Bless you.

His and Hers Mug Rugs
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]238730[/ATTACH]

More Wonderful Goodies
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]238732[/ATTACH]

Last but certainly not least !!!!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]238734[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-238724.jpe   attachment-238726.jpe   attachment-238728.jpe  
    Old 08-08-2011, 06:53 PM

Lovely packages coming in! Lots of packages in the mail flying over our heads, can't wait for hte next couple of days to so we can see them!
    Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 PM

beautifu; packages folks are getting
    Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM

I got my package today from DonnaK & I just had to thank her for all the wonderful items.

I just wanted to let you know that I received your wonderful SP package this afternoon!!

I wanted to thank you for all the wonderful items. I love the fabrics!! Some that I do not have in my stash & that is rare. ;-)
    Also, thank you so much for the yo yo's.

Thank you for all the paper piece patterns & the other patterns that look like both can adapt to jelly rolls. The word find book is also wonderful. I do those usually on my lunch hour to relax my mind from thinking about work. And the gum is also an addeded bonus. I am always trying to chew the gum to waive off the munchies. Will try to post pics as soon as I can.

Thank you again the awesome package.
    Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM

Great swaps everyone! Hope to get my sp pkg in the mail tomorrow. Going to state that begins with "M" and she loves Christmas!
    Old 08-08-2011, 07:23 PM

Terrific packages; things are really flying fast this month! :D

Wonder where my personal stalker is? Since she hired herself I expect her to be on the job:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 08-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Did you ever have one of those days? Yesterday I had started putting stuff into my SP's box and I couldn't find one of the items. It took me forever to find it. Then when I went to put the mug rug that I made in the box I couldn't find it either. As soon as I do find it I can mail the package because the one thing that I was waiting on came in the mail today.