Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 AM

All I can say is !!WOW!! and thank you very much, Magnolia (Mary)...
I was woke up to a door bell this morning and got to the door no one was there, so I thought I must of dreamed it..LOL but just in case I open the door and there on the ground was a BIG! Box, and I said to myself I don't remember ordering any fabric...LOL And it was from my SP and below is a picture of all the wonderful things she had sent me. I Love Love everything...Thanks again!:D

Was looking through my wonderful goodies and found another quilt pattern called chuggy choo-choo!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239546.jpe  
Old 08-10-2011, 09:02 AM

it is so much fun! and so addicting :) the waiting.. then you get the package, then you open the package, then you go through each and every little item knowing your secret pal picked the items.. just for you :thumbup:

but then you get sorta sad... because you have to wait another month for the suspense again

Originally Posted by mimom
Originally Posted by mscupid804
This is my 1st SP swap and I'm not as patient as most of you ladies/gents, I'm here biting nails, waving flags and jumping up and down screaming, "Yoo hoo, I'm here in VA and my zip code adds up to 12!" :shock:
just wait til you get your first squishy, its so much fun
Old 08-10-2011, 09:37 AM

Rusty and I got back from our walk to find an empty mailbox. My mistake - the package was waiting for me in the house. Linda58 sent a wonderful box filled with goodies. Oh my! There was a beautiful hot pad, fat quarters galore (in wonderful colors! - and she used some fat quarters to wrap goodies in!), chocolate filled cookies, 2 boxes of my favorite candy - Good 'n Plenty, a candle holder that unfortunately didn't make the trip West, a new quilt magazine, puzzle book, a Zen Sand Garden (which is already out of the box, set up and sand raked!) and a coupon holder with a yummy favorite family recipe inside - plus a wonderful letter.

Thank you so much, Linda58. The box was so much fun to open! Have a good trip to MN!

August SWAP from Linda58
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239581[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239575.jpe  
Old 08-10-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
My SP's package will be mailed out this week..going to a state that has some of the sweetest things ever made 8-)
Must be here in Washington. We have some of the best candy making stores ever!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:08 AM

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH, pick me!!!!!!!

My SP should be getting her package today. I know she is going to like it. The firmie is in Southern Pines.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 AM

Well my sp got her pack on the 8th and still no word. Guess she is not home. will just have to sit and wait for her to get back. lol
Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 AM

yeah :thumbup: mine didn't come today :) I have another day of a.n.t.i.c.i.p.a.t.i.o.n.. yippee!!

because of this swap, I now know my zip code adds up to 26 (something I never knew before)
Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Just got back from the post office where I shipped a firmie to a state on the border....is it the northern, southern, eastern or western border....not saying!!!! However, her zip code adds up to 27!!!! Her city is the county seat....oh and George Luca was born there....love George Lucas films!!!! Should be there by early next week.....
Old 08-10-2011, 10:53 AM

Hope my SP is watching TODAY, because it should be at her house SOON!! She says that cats and quilts go together!! It seems that a lot of people agree!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:11 AM

Love seeing all the wonderful goodies everyone is receiving this month!

In today's mail I received the special order for my secret pal so will get my package off tomorrow morning. In researching the town where my secret pal lives, there is a street bearing the name of a famous resident who is credited with being the last person to strike out Babe Ruth during a game between the Yankees and the Cincinatti Reds. Ya just gotta love Google!!!