Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap Closes 7/31/16 4:00 pm CST >

August Secret Pal Swap Closes 7/31/16 4:00 pm CST

August Secret Pal Swap Closes 7/31/16 4:00 pm CST

Old 08-23-2016, 03:19 PM

Hi Guys,

Just showing off the wonderful package that I received from Becky (quiltindragon today). She was totally over generous and I am a lucky partner..... just a quick thing to mention though... she forgot to put a note in so I had to be a detective on the envelope!

Becky, thank you so much!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556709[/ATTACH]

Hugs

Caroline
Attached Thumbnails august-sp.jpg  
Old 08-23-2016, 03:48 PM

So glad you like everything. I had heard that your Cadbury tastes different, but I really can't tell from what I get at the import shop (The English Shoppe) and at the regular store. So I sent some for an expert opinion! Hope you like the book. I have read that whole series and am happily reading the series that comes after - just finished the new one in that.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:01 PM

All the goodies coming in look wonderful!

I love the new addition to your fur baby family Knitette. I couldn't foster fur babies, as I would have an extremely hard time giving them up if someone wanted to permanently adopt them. It is great you are giving the baby a home.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:36 AM
Power Poster

Yesterday I received a delightful package from CarolinePaj. I am still trying to get pictures so until I can, I will tell you about the items. Buttons: Snowmen and Super garden tools. A pattern (Clothesline Quilts). A fixion pen, a Cath Kidston pencil, glass headed pins, sew case, hand cream, kool Christmas boot for the tree, red clips, a London tin and a Moda Scrap Bag with 3" printed strips. Oh yes there was also two chocolate bars but the picture won't show them as they are not around anymore. Thanks so much Caroline for the super package. BrendaK
Old 08-25-2016, 05:42 PM

I received a beautiful package today from Gaijin. Unfortunately I am having some photo issues, so i'll tell you all about it.

I will start with the most beautiful Christmas bird panel and matching fabric. I love Christmas and love little birdies, so this is beautiful.

Gaijin also made me a Christmas table runner, which is a very cleaver pattern (sorry forgot to mention that in our PM - it is gorgeous).

There were also a couple of magazines which I am yet to read since my mother has pinched those, and also a little toy mouse which was taken straight away by my little girl. The peanut clusters didnt last very long, but were delicious!

And guess what - I got my first license plate!!!! And now I know what they are I am very grateful for my license plate.

Thanks Gaijin
Old 08-26-2016, 02:02 AM

I am so glad you liked your package and I was sweating bullets worrying about a timely delivery!

Gaijin
Old 08-26-2016, 02:06 PM

While I posted right away that I received my package from Anoka Quilter and planned to post a picture the next day the pic. got delayed. here it is.

She crocheted this beautiful dishcloth. Also sent a selection of FQs one of which is a fabric celebrating MN 10th year of state wide shop hop-love getting such a unique fabric! Three patterns one from the Row by Row and she had a license plate from the shop too with the pattern and just realized I forgot to take it out.(if you go here you can view the Luv2Stitch plate from Quilting by the Hearth in Lonsdale.
https://siterepository.s3.amazonaws....16_flyer_2.pdf )

And a little package of bird buttons to go with the bird house pattern. An owl memo pad, a needle beetle which is a lighted needle threader-this will come in handy for my hand work, and a Quilters magic wand, its the yellow item laying across the patterns, and so glad to get this as I saw a method for making F. Geese where you lay the small squares on a large square and draw sewing lines on each side of diagonals and planned to try this and now I have the tool for it!

Thank you again Diana for and Awesome August package!
Attached Thumbnails aug-sp-package.jpg   aug-sp-cloth.jpg  
Old 08-27-2016, 05:04 AM

Lovely and generous packages coming in! I missed playing this month, but will sign up for September.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:32 AM

Some very nice things in everyone's packages this month. Everyone has had some special things included in theirs. I always like looking and reading how creative we get in what we include in packages. Oh, and a little envious too. lol
Old 10-07-2016, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
Verna, I will trade you out 4 or 5 scrubbies if you could send me a quilt shop license plate from TN. I know you love the scrubbies. ) Let me know gf.

Ok Catjo.... Wondering what kind of projects you do with the fabric license plates? I ask b/c I collected them 2 years ago & they are still On The shelf......I bought them b/c what they said was SOOO cute & or applicable