Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-10-2014, 07:39 AM

Well one of my SP packages was delivered on the 8th but I have not heard from her nor has she posted on here.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:26 AM

Hi Ladies hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday! Wanted to share with ya'll the great pkg I received from Frickles (Nicky). Love the Scarecrow panel and can't wait to use it! Thanks again Nicky for your very thoughtful pkg, I appreicate everything you sent!
Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

Last edited by Crafty Darlene; 08-10-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 AM

I received an awesome package from LindaR yesterday. Hubby didn't bring the mail in until today. It was packed. I am hoping she might of been able to take a pic, as my camera and this site don't like each other. She included a couple of magazines, a Wall quilt book, 2 mystery books, paydays-perfect to eat while reading. lol Handmade fabric bowl, a 10 minute table runner kit to make....which I have never made a table runner, so I am excited about it. A little pretty trinket box with Michigan on it, holds paperclips perfectly. A zipper pouch, (it is "all" a zipper), pretty neat, a notebook organizer, a quick yo-yo maker wine sack pattern. I think I listed everything. So much was in that bag it just tumbled out when I opened it. How awesome is that! Thanks again Linda for my awesome package!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
I am finally back home after being away from my "real" computer for almost a full month. I owe a couple very generous swappers some posted pictures from June and July, and I wanted to make sure everyone saw them:

The first picture is the package from June from jaclinganrey. She also included a bag of Milky Ways which had a very short life span after unpacked. She also packed in a bag full of fabric scraps for my scrap quilts, some great tote patterns, and an always-welcome pin cushion. The Quilters Inspirations book is a great read, and I hope to be able to pass it on when I'm done so someone else will get the same chance to enjoy it. Thanks again for all, Jaclinganrey.

The next two pictures are the package from Sewdamncute, which I received for July. She made a great pin cushion from a votive candle holder (great idea which I am going to steal) and sent an adorable pin made of stiffened paper depicting a quilt block (colored purple, shown on card). The stain glass copy of a star block is already hanging on my sewing room window. She also included scraps, fat quarters, a lint remover, patterns, a mystery quilt book (next up on my reading pile), and dog biscuts for my five four-legged kids. Thank you so much for a very personal package.

Both of you really made the last two months fun with your swap packages. And after babysitting for my four granddaughters ages 15 mos thru 11 years, I needed some fun! I'm exhausted mentally and physically.

Nancy, what a nice package you received. Save those books for me! lol
Old 08-10-2014, 11:29 AM

I received a wonderful package from Verna2197. She sent a wonderful homemade travel sewing case and included an angel scissors. Wonderful fabrics, a book of Christmas crafts, recipes and other projects, some pins, note cards, clips, a brand new box of crayons!, and a delightful tote bag for all of it. Will try to get a pic to post soon-like this week.

Lori saw your note on surgery (have 6 pages to catch up on) but my thought is if you go to a reliable source like WebMD or Mayo and get an idea of what it involves you may think of some things you might have questions about that you might want to talk to your doctor about before hand, and it might give you an idea of what you may need to have in place when you do come home. And when the dr does give you information, if you already have an idea of what is the procedure you might remember more of the preliminary information.
And I too will be praying for you this week and especially on the 15th.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:06 PM

Caught up on the posts
Kathy sorry to hear about your brother, will include you and Vern in prayers too.
Sp I hope to get your package out on Monday. So if you haven't received your package yet maybe I have you.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
Nancy, what a nice package you received. Save those books for me! lol
Sure will. Being able to pass them on after reading them makes them the gift that just keeps giving. Wish I'd thought earlier to put a "Pass-it-on Log" where everyone could sign before sending forward. I bet it would be very interesting to follow the books' travels.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
It's Quercus Rubra
thanks LOL
Old 08-11-2014, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
I received an awesome package from LindaR yesterday. Hubby didn't bring the mail in until today. It was packed. I am hoping she might of been able to take a pic, as my camera and this site don't like each other. She included a couple of magazines, a Wall quilt book, 2 mystery books, paydays-perfect to eat while reading. lol Handmade fabric bowl, a 10 minute table runner kit to make....which I have never made a table runner, so I am excited about it. A little pretty trinket box with Michigan on it, holds paperclips perfectly. A zipper pouch, (it is "all" a zipper), pretty neat, a notebook organizer, a quick yo-yo maker wine sack pattern. I think I listed everything. So much was in that bag it just tumbled out when I opened it. How awesome is that! Thanks again Linda for my awesome package!
your welcome, I didn't take a picture either...happy quilting
Old 08-11-2014, 06:50 AM

Hello All -

Since a few people from the board had emailed me this AM, just wanted to let everyone know that I and my family are all right. The looting and gunshots from the riots in Ferguson reached within about a block of our house. Many local stores I shop at are nothing but piles of ruined merchandise, shattered glass and broken displays. I am so sad for my neighborhood this morning.