Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-13-2014, 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=Krystyna;6843526]SP, your package is on the way! I had fun cleaning out my extras! But I forgot to include the note.

Sure you want to part with "extras"? In few more years you may end up like me. I have to plant "extras" all over since I can rarely find my "originals" lol. Good example are my reading glasses -- hate to think how many pairs are scattered around the house, none of which I can put my hands on when I need them. Wonder how many seam rippers live inside the chairs.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:51 PM

SP worked on your pkg today, but won't be sending until the deadline. You have a cat.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:50 PM

"Good example are my reading glasses -- hate to think how many pairs are scattered around the house"

Nancy I can truly relate to that! Have a pair in every room, maybe 2 or 3...probably the only room I don't is the bathrooms, figure it's an SOS call if I need them in there
My SP got her package delivered this morning at 11:19 a.m....maybe she's opening it now.....

Old 08-14-2014, 03:05 AM

LOL! I have reading glasses but the one thing I always leave behind are my sunglasses! They would either be in my purse or in my work backpack. And my phone, I'm always misplacing it and since I normally have it on vibrate asking my fiancee to ring it in order to find it is no use to me.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:26 AM
Power Poster

SP your package was mailed yesterday. It was difficult putting this package together but I hope that you enjoy everything I sent. GOD Bless
Old 08-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Swap Hosts

[QUOTE=Nancy in Louisiana;6843886]
Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
SP, your package is on the way! I had fun cleaning out my extras! But I forgot to include the note.

Sure you want to part with "extras"? In few more years you may end up like me. I have to plant "extras" all over since I can rarely find my "originals" lol. Good example are my reading glasses -- hate to think how many pairs are scattered around the house, none of which I can put my hands on when I need them. Wonder how many seam rippers live inside the chairs.
This wonderful roomy house is filling up too quickly and so I've become very particular about what comes in the door and what is allowed to stay! (Says the woman who is paying for a storage unit full of who knows what that she lived without for almost two years!) I've become seriously persnickety about picking up clutter -- which, magically, is always my husband's and not mine!

SP, you will know who the package is from immediately -- and if you're still confused -- take a good look at the home made item to see if you recognize some of the fabric! (Sorry that my FMQing is out of practice)
Old 08-14-2014, 07:21 AM
Swap Hosts

Lucky me!!!! A package from Crafty Darlene arrived yesterday! Wheeeeee!

Look at all the wonderful goodies she sent --->

[ATTACH=CONFIG]487600[/ATTACH]

She made a gorgeous table runner that I am going to start using the day after Labor Day!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]487603[/ATTACH]

And a sweet Autumn themed owl who, at the moment, is protecting a jar of Darlene's yummy homemade strawberry jam! In the background is a copy of Block magazine which I've been hearing so much about but could never find locally.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]487604[/ATTACH]

Darlene also sent some snacks for my pups (hidden until bed time) and snacks for me - Circus Peanuts! Now I can go into a complete sugar frenzy and then crash for a nap -- before going to the dentist because all my teeth will rot out in the space of an hour. Love those Circus Peanuts. Also a cute book Small Quilts for Big Occasions -- which I think I owned once and am happy to have again! I was so excited, I didn't quite frame that photo correctly -- and it wasn't because I dug into those delish, sugary orange peanuts!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]487606[/ATTACH]

She also included some sweet autumn and yellow fabrics so I can make some placemats!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]487612[/ATTACH]

Last, but not least, a set of pens and some note cards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]487613[/ATTACH]

Best of all was the sweet note I received from her. Thank you, Darlene!
Attached Thumbnails august-2014-crafty-darlene-1.jpg   august-2014-crafty-darlene-2.jpg   august-2014-crafty-darlene-3.jpg   august-2014-crafty-darlene-4.jpg   august-2014-crafty-darlene-5.jpg  

august-2014-crafty-darlene-6.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 08:09 AM

Beautiful tablerunner!!! And homemade jam ... lucky you. I remember Circus Peanuts -- I used to eat them until I was literally dizzy when I was a kid. Love the owl's eyes. Great package. I love all the fall colors.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:32 AM

Krystyna you are so very welcome! I enjoyed putting it together for you!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:31 AM

Love the homemade stuff, runners, jams and small baskets!

SP! Package Delivered! August 14, 2014 , 10:01 am

SANTA ANNA, TX 76878