Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    Hope you all don't mind if I share this one. I made this little keepsake for the family of my little brother's best friend since they were 10 years old who lost his battle with lymphoma last month. Jim had two labs that were his constant companions - hence the vigil they are keeping in the quilt.
    Attachment 362425
    That is so beautiful, gave me goose bumps. I just love your pattern, great job!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    CQRobin, My favorite music in my MP3 player is Alan Jackson. He runs with me every day!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Paula, what a touching quilt. I hope he finds a solution to his health issues.
    Robin, you're too funny!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

AKdaffyodil: yahoo, yippee!! TADA!!! let me guess it is stuffed with your state bird (the mosquito)? I have a major brain cramp what is that wild flower that grows proficiently on the sides of the road and river banks its purple, almost a magenta purple combo? I sure loved that.. oh for those who dont know the bears are huge in AK, the salmon biggest ever, king crab OMG and well the mosquitos (you could hitch a ride on those puppies) and the bees.. monster bee size.. could make movies about them. I am going to move in with my partner shhh I am telling her later sneaking tip toe into her sewing pile she wont notice me.

OH I think that pile of fabric that needs folding well .. folding is over rated. Sometimes sewing is too, just ask the cat right? I have one that is facinated with the thread. I all to often come into the room and there sheis steeling it of the machine back and I have to real the thread OUT of her mouth, it keeps coming and coming and grrr. what a job. brat of a cat. now how come I have brat cats? wondering, still wondering..

I showed my daughter my halloween start to next month and she started the old begging for one too, told her next year just finished hers sheesh.. I am waiting for fall here. Its hiding. 50 right now which isnt too bad but once again high 80's later. Go away heat. And pine trees are not grand for their fall color. Guess I might get fall and never see it. post your fall colors when they come in everyone, those of us without would love to see them. we can pretend that way. I will post the snow ones .. me standing in the snow,me falling in the snow, me being pulled like a sled over to the truck in the snow.. I do snow from the couch. Give me fall. Please. snow not so much.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

oh oh ok.. bike riding? who here has not been on a bike in oh say 35 years or so? Wow forget what it feels like, motorcycles are the next best thing, faster and well not alot of peddling involved. I hear two wonderful things about that bike ride, ok maybe a whole bunch more maybe, fudge, I love fudge. If I had to ride a bike to get some.. no fudge. Quilt shops, ok now this is getting to be a grand bike ride. AND doing it with someone you love and have done it before with.. it sounds like a real holiday. I sure hope you enjoy/enjoyed your trip.
    Linda

I received the most wonderful Harvest Doll Quilt from Juanita and a mug rug too.

I tried twice to post the picture of the above, but it didn't work. It tells me upload failed. If Juanita has a photo maybe she can post it.

One more try.

Blog Entries
    Paula, hope the family and your little brother are doing okay? What a beautiful and thoughtful tribute to your brother's best friend. So very sorry.

CQR, you make an enjoyable picture for sure! I guess we all rock out in our sewing rooms in one way or another don't we? Loved the picture!

And could we just NOT talk about fudge girlfriends???? LOL! I'm soooo trying to lose weight and fudge is my worst ever addiction!!!! Christmas is coming and the Goose isn't getting fat, it's me getting fat (ter)! LOL! It doesn't help that I have family who loooovvvee the fudge I send them every year. Sigh...

I have been working on my partner's DQ and I have a dilemma! I have one I have already finished and I have another that I just thought up and I'm loving both of them...what to do...what to do...also a problem...I want to keep them both! LOL! Did I mention I love fall???
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    I thought I'd check in on this thread today, since I finished my quilt and even sewed the binding last night. Some cute ones already posted I see. Since I sew from misc. scraps, I decided to wash my little project with color catchers this morning before I put on the label, so that being done, I showed my hubby and then . . . . . . lost it!!!! My brain must be fried!

I looked all over the house, then decided to make the label anyway, and then looked over the house again. Still lost! Gonna send a pm to my partner and look once more. Hopefully it'll show up before the mailing deadline! (How can a person be so scatter-brained?) I am confessing this to you all, because usually once I admit something is lost, it shows up. Guess it's a humilty thing - I was feeling all proud of how things were turning out!
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyquilter88 View Post
    One more try.
    Penny, you have to keep resizing the picture until it does upload, that's all it is.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    That is too funny JoyjoyMarie. I do that all the time. Maybe you left it on the washer or dryer? At least you have a couple weeks before the deadline is up. (LOL) It is going to turn up the moment you turn your back, that little monster will return it after it is done laughing at you. Those silly gremlins.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Ljdugas, I received my beautiful fall themed doll quilt today. It is adorable. I love it. Thank you so much!! (squeal, lol) I will post a picture tomorrow. I was so busy working on your doll quilt today that I didn't get a chance to photograph it yet. (I lost the light.)

Doll quilt #2 is coming out sooooo much better. I finished the applique today. Tomorrow, quilt, bind and label. I will be mailing it out to you on Monday. I'm going to try to get it out tomorrow. But, realistically, it will be Monday. (I work on the weekends.) Will be in touch soon.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Thank all - Brother and Jim's family are coping as best they can. I must say this was a very hard one to make having know this man for most of his life. He was only 46.

The angel in the piece is from a pattern by Patch Abilities. When I make these "tribute angels" I add things that are special to the loved one who was lost.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Thank all - Brother and Jim's family are coping as best they can. I must say this was a very hard one to make having know this man for most of his life. He was only 46.

The angel in the piece is from a pattern by Patch Abilities. When I make these "tribute angels" I add things that are special to the loved one who was lost.
    Very nice job Paula. Such a beautiful way to express a life of a special person.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    I recieved a darling fall doll quilt from ljdugas today, nice fall colors and quilted so nicely, thank you very much, Jacie(Hope she will post a pic. of hers and mine...... I mailed hers out today.) jacie

I lost my pot holders the other day. Looked Everywhere. Then I said I must have them in the wash didnt worry about it at all. Found them. In the cupboard with the canned goods. Right where they belong. you guys are the only ones I am telling so shhhh.. I do this sort of thing a whole lot lately. If I dont talk out loud like ok now put that in the basket before you leave the room and I carry stuff from room to room going to the bedroom? pick up that stack of shirts, grab the hairbrush that magic act walzted into my livingroom but didnt magic backon its own.. and so if I have to stop before I hit the bedroom and go into the sewingroom for a drop off.. well its a good plan and a not so good plan. I try hard to put things bck where they belong but get distracted and well.. its now in a mystery spot. Hubby is good he doesnt poke at me he simply corrects things that arent working (like potholders in cupboards.. good one I put dish soap on the top rack of the fridge because well.. no clue. good thing I found it. you will find it. and oh how much fun that will be.
    Linda

Well you did a good job!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    I am thrilled, I have my dq top done. Now to fit it in line on the longarm to get it done. I did a special embroidery on it and it just made the quilt come alive. I even have the binding ready. Now to get a label done ahead of time so I don't forget it this time.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    I have my dq finished and will be in the mail hopefully on Monday
    have to admit I like it so much that I am almost thinking of making
    one for myself.

This month I did NOT do any machine embroidery, but to me and
    everyone who has seem it so far says that it SCREAMS "Autumn"
    sure hope JennyPenny likes it half as much as I like the one she sent
    to me (got it yesterday).

I can't wait for her to get it next week. Will post pictures of the one I
    received from her this weekend.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Ooh, Quilty -Louise, I am positive I will like it because:
    1) I love autumn colors
    2) I love doll quilts!

The swapping is the best part.
    We were pretty much in tandem with our timing, weren't we?
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Am posting pictures of the beautiful fall doll quilt/wall hanging from Lv2Quilt2011. It just says "fall" all over and the back looks so professional! Thank you sew much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the little quilt I made for Quilty-Louise. She has received it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Blog Entries
    Wow. That is marvelous! What an adorable panel and the fussy cutting is out of this world. LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!

Oops. Posted too fast! Another wonderful one. The acorns and oak leaves are fantastic.

You ladies are so talented. Hats off!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Drats! I just sealed up my DQ to send off to Nancy in LA and I forgot to take a picture! Hope Nancy won't mind if I open the package up take my pics and reseal it! I'm so forgetful lately!

I love all the little beautys that have been swapped so far! I need to get a bit more creative with making mine.
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast