Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Nice job, Teresa! I had the feeling Sue would like it! (I got a sneak peek!)
    Where did you get a sneak peek?????
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennyquilter88 View Post
    That is a beautiful Fall Harvest Quilt Sue.
    Thankyou !!! It's our state block. I just love it!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Blog Entries
    Sue, that is simply marvelous! Lucky you, Teresa!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I know!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
    Where did you get a sneak peek?????
    Key word: SNEAK. Wouldn't be sneaky if I told
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Thankyou!!!!

Blog Entries
    Here is sneak peek #2

Am I teasing you enough yet?

LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I mailed mine to my partener this afternoon. (To Juanita in Calif.)

Blog Entries
    Awesome Quilts coming in.

Here is sneak peak at mine it's finished and ready to be mailed to my partner...
    Name:  partof quilt.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  8.3 KB
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

Happy Quilting!

Oh my gosh - off the board for a couple of days and I missed so much! That is what I get for sewing instead of playing on the computer

Christina - who wouldn't love a replica of those? I can't wait to see the finished result of your labors - I am sure it will be stunning.
    MSCupid - another winner. My brother would have "stolen" that one if it had come to my house.

Quiltymom - so pretty - love the colors and it really does speak to fall in Michigan

All those that as showing seek peeks - can't wait to see them all. Such teasers you are.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
    Here is sneak peek #2

Am I teasing you enough yet?

LOL
    Well I know I can't wait to see what this "tease" will be!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Quick note: My Amish DQ that was missing in transit to Australia has FINALLY ARRIVED safe and sound. Only took 4 1/2 weeks but my partner was so kindly patient and likes it. That is all that matters.
    Paula

I'm not swapping doll quilts this month since I just had too much to catch up on. BUT, I've been keeping an eye on the thread and the quilts coming in so far are just beautiful!! Happy Fall ya'll
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Yeah!!! I guess that means you can keep the duplicate. And, your partner can enjoy your work of art!!!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    I really thought she was sending that duplicate to me.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Whoops, my bad. Duplicate goes to QM. Hmm, did I get that right!? lol
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

LOL ladies - I only got as far as starching the material for the duplicate. (but I did finish my Sept DQ this weekend)

Since I don't "need" to make a duplicate I am planning on using some of the fabric for my October DQ.

Anyone want to volunteer to be my partner? Purple & Green play so well together for a "Halloween" theme.
    Paula

Blog Entries
    Oh, I do, I love Halloween, I make throws for the grandkids. a Halloween front with a double knit back and no batting, they like em better if they are light weight. The last 2 I did I used Purple Sweatshirt fleece, turned out super cute.

I can't wait to make a Halloween DQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    LOL ladies - I only got as far as starching the material for the duplicate. (but I did finish my Sept DQ this weekend)

Since I don't "need" to make a duplicate I am planning on using some of the fabric for my October DQ.

Anyone want to volunteer to be my partner? Purple & Green play so well together for a "Halloween" theme.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

quiltylouise I can not believe you copied my doll quilt. I can tell, that sneak peak proves it. uh huh.. in fact if you get that quilt its probably mine.. she is teasing dont let her fool you!
    Halloween, I have a super suprise fun quilt already planned. I hope I get someone who likes halloween not just October or I am in big trouble. Last year I made a halloween dq for myself, stitched the center block by the light of a fire when the power went out. I am now blind. At least that is what I blame my vision trouble on. I had to do something to keep busy. Cute little one with mice peaking out of a pumpkin, its a small one maybe 8" but well its hanging on the wall of fame in my sewing room. I am famous somewhere Mine should be in the mail by Wednesday. Long ride home to Alaska, mail takes a couple extra days or it has for me anyways. Its coming! Promise!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Elisabrat - I love your sense of humor!
    Marytoddliz - I like the thought of the sweatshirt fleece as part of a quilt - may have to try that for a small throw.
    Paula

QuiltyMom- we are heading up to Michigan-land on Thursday! I want to bike Mackinac Island and wishing for a little fall color, but may be too early. And I intend to eat some FUDGE! I should find out if we are close to some quilt shops along the way!

QuilterMomma- I love that quilt your daughter is standing in front of on the avatar! Did you make it?

Dragonfly- I am really glad your quilt arrived at Lyn's house across the water! Lyn can take it along to her summer cabin that she always goes to since they are getting ready for summer now! (I'm not jealous yet).

BuzzinBumble- I am quilting on your doll quilt, but probably won't get it finished until next week, but it's well on it's way and I like it- it's fall for sure!
    jillnjo

Now that i am sort of settled at my friends house and visiting the people who I haven't seen seems to have died down and now I have some free time to sew. I have my DQ cut out and ready to sew. Hope to have it finished by the weekend. I think I will start on a thanksgiving and Christmas one as those two months do get kind of busy. I am not one for Halloween. I do like scarecrows though but all the other scary stuff I am not likin.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    HAHAHA you crack me up.

ALL my swap partners are famous in my home. All their doll quilts,
    and mug rugs are hanging on the walls in my hall.
    Pretty soon I am going to have to move around the corner into my
    living room. Or heck better yet MOVE to a bigger home where I can
    have more wall space in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    quiltylouise I can not believe you copied my doll quilt. I can tell, that sneak peak proves it. uh huh.. in fact if you get that quilt its probably mine.. she is teasing dont let her fool you!
    Halloween, I have a super suprise fun quilt already planned. I hope I get someone who likes halloween not just October or I am in big trouble. Last year I made a halloween dq for myself, stitched the center block by the light of a fire when the power went out. I am now blind. At least that is what I blame my vision trouble on. I had to do something to keep busy. Cute little one with mice peaking out of a pumpkin, its a small one maybe 8" but well its hanging on the wall of fame in my sewing room. I am famous somewhere Mine should be in the mail by Wednesday. Long ride home to Alaska, mail takes a couple extra days or it has for me anyways. Its coming! Promise!
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    Yes Jillnjo, that is one I did as a round robin with a gal in my quilt group. We were teaching others how to do each round for a robin. It was quite the challenge to quilt. The quilting alone took about 20 hours. The embroidery on the outer round took 10 hours, then the rounds we worked on for six months. I did the last two rounds to make it bigger for her bed because we had to buy a new bed for her because of back injuries and it is a full so had to go bigger. She just loves it and it was the first time she saw the whole thing finished and it won first place at the Spokane County Fair and the Wheatland County Fair. I am hoping it wins at the quilt show next month. We will see.

You saw that right, DragonflyNana is sending me that duplicate one because she loves me.

Working on my fall dq, have it here in the office. Trying to decide if I want to embellish it or not. I have the top all cut up, just need to sew. I know, don't make it a chore, enjoy the ride. Glad I had it in my UFOs. Well, back to work.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

QuilterMomma that is a stunning quilt in your avatar and no wonder you won prizes! The best prize is your daughter's Huge Smile!

Jillnjo... Oooooh you lucky duck! Mackinac Island! Hot Diggity! Hope you have a wonderful bike ridin, fudge eatin, quilt shoppin time! And don't worry that you haven't finished my doll quit - I am quite relieved in fact. I hope to have yours done next week sometime - I'm on idea # 3 right now and this one finally looks to be a keeper!

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast