Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST

Blog Entries
    Judith, how exciting! A new grandbaby! I sure hope you're making a quilt for the little one!
    Ronda, my darling, not ignoring you! Spent the day sewing and canning tomato sauce. Will PM you and everyone else back in a few moments.
    Aunt Janey, I guess I will make an appointment. Maybe.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Hey Y'all, Count me in for September swap! These little dittys are addicting!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I kind of agree Krystyna, Given you family history....There are so many new things now that they never had before. It is usually better to catch things as early as possible. And besides, you will feel relieved if it is just dust and eye strain. Just look at it like its a check up. I really hope you'll reconsider. Hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Judith, how exciting! A new grandbaby! I sure hope you're making a quilt for the little one!
    Ronda, my darling, not ignoring you! Spent the day sewing and canning tomato sauce. Will PM you and everyone else back in a few moments.
    Aunt Janey, I guess I will make an appointment. Maybe.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    I agree Krystyna, don't mess with your eyes. my son has all kinds of vision problems now because he did not go to the Doctor when he first started having problems. So go already... For our peace of mind lady! hugs sent your way!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Lynnie25 asked me to post pics of me and Dragonfly Nana meeting today so here are a couple. The 1st pic is of my stained glass quilt I just picked up from the quilters at Bella Fabrics, the 2nd is of Dragonfly Nana (Paula) folding my quilt back up, and the last one is me and Paula. I hate taking pics because I look crappy in them! We had a blast tho. We met up at Barnes and Noble and had coffee and chatted awhile, then we went shopping at JoAnn's and Hancock's, then we ate lunch at Olive Garden and finally, we went to Bella Fabrics to pick up my Stained Glass quilt. And I might add it rained CATS & DOGS the whole time except when we parted to go home!
    Name:  Stained Glass (500x375).jpg
Views: 294
Size:  196.5 KB
    Name:  Paula (500x375).jpg
Views: 240
Size:  156.5 KB
    Name:  Me and Paula (500x375).jpg
Views: 252
Size:  162.8 KB
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

PAULA, why are your eyes closed in BOTH pics???
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Teresa, THANK YOU for the pics, I love putting faces to names and you both taking a lovely photo. I just love your stained glass quilt, what a beauty.

I am so glad you had a lovely day, even in the rain. To make you feel better, it rained all day here too It is so nice to meet up and spend the day with other quilters from QB, that is why I so enjoyed meeting ursgodschild2 in April in Melbourne. Now who is coming to Australia next to meet me?????
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    MsCupid and Dragonfly Nana, I love the pics of you girls! How fun to put faces with names. I'm glad Lynnie asked for that...thanks Lynnie! I also LOVE the stainglass quilt! What a beauty!!!
    Ronda

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    Teresa, THANK YOU for the pics, I love putting faces to names and you both taking a lovely photo. I just love your stained glass quilt, what a beauty.

I am so glad you had a lovely day, even in the rain. To make you feel better, it rained all day here too It is so nice to meet up and spend the day with other quilters from QB, that is why I so enjoyed meeting ursgodschild2 in April in Melbourne. Now who is coming to Australia next to meet me?????
    Lyn, if I come to Australia to meet you, you'd better let me stay with you!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Teresa,
    Your quilt is beautiful. Love the colors. They are so bright and cheerful that you can almost see the sun shining through.
    And it's so nice that you could meet with Paula. Looks like the two of you had a great time.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Thank you Sue!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Ladies - let me tell you - the picture does not do Teresa's quilt justice- the colors are so vibrant and the piecing is exemplary! What also doesn't show is the fabulous FMQ done in the teal blue and since the back is muslin it shows beautifully there too.

We had a terrific time today - no matter the darn rain - and yes it looks like my hazel eyes were closed both times! Oops LOL
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    Lyn, if I come to Australia to meet you, you'd better let me stay with you!
    For sure - I would have to move over 50 quilts off the bed first though but that can be done So when are you arriving?????
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Rain is just another form of beauty all in all. And love that quilt. Stunning colors and what lucky ladies to share shopping for FABRIC together.. swoon a more perfect day hard to find.

I think Marytoddliz has lost her marbles. so many things to HARVEST.. last I checked you were harvesting goobers. Now your thinking harvests.. rofl

now I was going pastel fall right? just like in real life. oh wait, that is disney. OH goody I can use real colors and UNLIKE last month even patterned fabrics.. yipppeeeee. oh oh I have some gold beads too that would make a nice eye catcher sheen when hung on the wall.. um just like the fall leaves outside. Oh crud. NO LEAVES outside. I live in the woods. Its all brown pine needles if its anything. Not too inspiring. WAIT poison oak! that has lovely colors who wants a poison oak DQ? tada what a great idea. think I spot some right now should go pick some so I can be inspired up close. Then it would be a gift that just keeps on giving.. darned poured some bleach on it yesterday. bet its brown now. bummer what a good idea that was too.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    For sure - I would have to move over 50 quilts off the bed first though but that can be done So when are you arriving?????
    Keep the quilts on the bed, it'll probably be cold when I get there!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Paula was right about the quilting, so here's a pic of front & back I did forget to take and post:
    Name:  QF (500x375).jpg
Views: 145
Size:  160.7 KB
    Name:  QB (500x375).jpg
Views: 139
Size:  120.5 KB
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Wow, step away from the computer for a little while and you girls sure were busy!
    Paula and Teresa, so nice to see your smiling faces! Love the stained glass quilt.
    50 quilts on one bed? Sounds comfy!
    Krystyna

Krystyna I am in for September!!!! Fall is my favorite time of the year!!!!! Nancy in Louisiana's quilt is in a squishy and going to PO Monday!!!! Looking forward to another month of awesome dq's.

Teresa, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. The colors are wonderful and the whole thing just pops. By the way are those sweet little pink slippers on the shelf in the background Krystynas?

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Teresa -- your quilt is awesome!!!! The colors are fantastic!! I never would have thought to use the blue/green for the borders (I probably would have just used dull old black). Your color choices made the quilt so vibrant and striking. OK, I'm jealous.

Louisiana folks, ya'll buckle down the hatches too like Fla! Stay safe Nancy!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

I'm in too. I've been collecting fall prints, can't wait to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    Louisiana folks, ya'll buckle down the hatches too like Fla! Stay safe Nancy!
    Unfortunately we've been thru this drill before. Got water, got gas, got generator, got batteries ... and anything can happen between now and next weekend. Last I heard it was losing strength.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    Unfortunately we've been thru this drill before. Got water, got gas, got generator, got batteries ... and anything can happen between now and next weekend. Last I heard it was losing strength.
    Take another look, Nancy. Not good at Drudge Report and SoCal, buckle up. Looks like an earthquake swarm.
    Krystyna

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Take another look, Nancy. Not good at Drudge Report and SoCal, buckle up. Looks like an earthquake swarm.
    Only 5 percent probability coming this far over -- now New Orleans may get a bit damp again. Weather people and commentators tend to get a little too fired up over these things. The first year we were here they predicted we would be hit with a Category 4 head on. This dumb Yankee taped windows (still don't know why, but everyone else was doing it), doors, huddled furniture away from all windows and skylites, took pictures off the walls ... even pulled up my mailbox from out front (still hearing about that one), and then -- nada, nothing, zip. After awhile you learn to be "prepared" at the start of hurricane season and just be reasonable and pay attention. Now if they say "Evacuate", that's another story. Been there and done that, too.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast