Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST

I hope it is losing strength praying for you and your family!!!! your squishy is going in the mail tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    Unfortunately we've been thru this drill before. Got water, got gas, got generator, got batteries ... and anything can happen between now and next weekend. Last I heard it was losing strength.

I signed up, but I think I put October doll swap as the title of my PM. I would LOVE to jump back into doing these.
    MistyMarie

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oowee View Post
    I hope it is losing strength praying for you and your family!!!! your squishy is going in the mail tomorrow!!
    Looks like the New Orleans area is going to get it head on. So far not predicted big storm surge, so hopefully won't be a repeat of Katrina ... plus I'm sure they learned a few things from that experience. We live only 33 miles from the Texas border, so should be west enough to be OK. Things could still change, as we've learned in the past. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Sent a PM - love autumn and little projects, so it's perfect for me. Looking forward to seeing all our cool results and a month or so!
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

count me in. will send a pm. Cuppy

Blog Entries
    MistyMarie, glad you're back! You are such a talented quilter and you inspire us all.

JoyJoyMarie, welcome aboard. I think you'll find that our little group is a warm and wonderful one!

Nancy, you are in all our thoughts and prayers. My husband and I used to be active members of the Red Cross Disaster Action team and I remember about 15 years ago he was sent to Lake Charles to help with assistance efforts. Lets hope none are needed now. I have several Cajun friends whose men folk work out on the oil rigs. I sure hope they get them out of harm's way

Cuppy, I have you signed up!

Bad me! I just finished my Amish quilt and it's on the way to the post office. Whew! My partner has the patience of Job!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Teresa and Paula it looks and sounds like you both had a wonderful day together despite the rain! Ooh I wish I lived in Virginia too! Teresa you stained glass quilt is stunning! Somehow you made fabric look like light is shining through.

Linda you are too funny - I bet a poison Oak quilt would actually be pretty, if it didn't make you itchy just looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Bad me! I just finished my Amish quilt and it's on the way to the post office. Whew! My partner has the patience of Job!
    Hi this is Job. I'm not all that patient, just distracted easily by bright shiny objects.

Nancy how did you folks weather the weekend? I hope all is well!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
    Hi this is Job. I'm not all that patient, just distracted easily by bright shiny objects.
    Like a crow? Well, Job, if you hadn't sent your delightful quilt to me so fast ... anyway, it's on the way.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Mrs. Cupid, Gorgeous stained glass windo quilt. The quilting definitely enhances your beautiful work. Lucky you to have met up with another QB'r. It sounds like you had a lot of fun.

I have a sneak peak of my September DQ. I don't know if I'm going down the "Harvest" road. But, I'm definitely heading down the "Fall" path. And, I enjoyed working with solids last month and think I may revisit a few solids along with the cutest print I picked up in Hobby Lobby the other day. Now, if I get you for a partner and you don't like or want fall colors....I won't be fussed. I'll just keep this one for myself. I'm loving how it's coming together. And if you do like FALL, then that is bonus for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Judith that owl is adorable and speaks of fall to me!
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    Of course, this peak does not show the true colors. IDK why they came out so washed out....

Thnaks Paula!

Blog Entries
    Judith, what a cute little owl! Now that I've sent out my August Amish (whew!), I'm digging through my fall colors and planning some applique! Maybe. I think I am ... But right now I'm finishing my blocks for the patriotic quilt ... then tomorrow will start stitching it all together ... and .... then will start a new thread with close ups of everyone's blocks and the finished quilt ... hopefully a photo of the recipient, too!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Awesome Krystyna, I can't wait to see how it's all going to come together. I love R*W*B together. It's always awesome to see everyones DIFFERENT blocks come together. I bet Ryan Rene is just going to love it. And I'm sure it will really mean a lot to her.

And, thank you.
    Judith, what a cute little owl! Now that I've sent out my August Amish (whew!), I'm digging through my fall colors and planning some applique! Maybe. I think I am ... But right now I'm finishing my blocks for the patriotic quilt ... then tomorrow will start stitching it all together ... and .... then will start a new thread with close ups of everyone's blocks and the finished quilt ... hopefully a photo of the recipient, too!

Blog Entries
    It will be fun to see how the quilt turns out! You're a busy girl for sure!

Ronda

Judith - I love that little owl you made! He somehow seems very familiar. Maybe because I used to do quilling and the swirls of stitching remind me of that? Only he is way cuter than any quillling ever could be.
    Krystyna - That's really exciting that you're putting Ryan Rene's quilt together now - can't wait to see it!

Blog Entries
    Fingers crossed ladies ... I hope I can finish it today!
    Krystyna

hi all. i just joined this swap yesterday and can't wait to get started swapping. i do have one question. do i go ahead with my doll quilt now or wait until i get my swap partner?

Hey Susan! Welcome to a really fun bunch of gals! You can start your quilt any time you'd like. Especially in a themed swap like this one.

Blog Entries
    Yep. Since the theme is Autumn Harvest ... stitch away. Partners will be assigned soon ... stay tuned!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    I am in for September. me too skaduzzy, got the finishing touches(my tough thing to do) the binding!!
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Blog Entries
    Thank you BuzzinBumble. I think he's pretty cute too. A BIG Whew!! I just barely got my embroidery machine to finish stitching him before it had to go Back to the shop. It just came out of the shop and still wasn't working right. Lucky me, at least I got one owl before it decided it just didn't want to work. And, I can at least start working on my doll quilt for this month. Yep, I am a happy camper. And, I'm sure they'll fix my machine as soon as they can. Hope it's an easy fix. hmmm....

Welcome this is the best swap!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by susaninkansas View Post
    hi all. i just joined this swap yesterday and can't wait to get started swapping. i do have one question. do i go ahead with my doll quilt now or wait until i get my swap partner?

I am back. count me n.

Junior Member Happy Cat Quilter's Avatar
    I'm joining the fun this month too! Nana Val is coming for a visit while she is here we can work on our creations!
    Linda

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast